PDA

View Full Version : HUGE FAVOR! I need DVD of Ron Paul speech Excerpts....

Lord Xar
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey all,

I need help. I know some of you out there have Ron Pauls speeches from NON-YOUTUBE sources.. I need a DVD of these... not all of them, or the full bit of them, but perhaps a few minutes from each speech or excerpts that have his most passionate positions.... I need this very very soon.

Can someone step up and get me something.

This "rather important" and I can "explain" IF you intend to send it but just want clarification on "why" to justify the time.

I need this stuff from directly a videocam or a source that is NON-YOUTUBE.. ie, NO COMPRESSION...

Could be exerpts about liberty and freedom, about the war.. etc..

thanks, and trust me.. IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I have some from my own camera, but it's not professional quality.

Lord Xar
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
hmm... anything.. if you can send me a dvd of it, that could be okay depending... I need "visuals"...

I also need professional ones too... perhaps that rally in California, etc..

Man from La Mancha
08-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I saw at Mountain View a man that had video taped all of Ron's speech with a high end machine and they were selling DVD's for $15. Maybe some one from the San Jose meet up group has a copy or knows how to buy a copy.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Dean,

Did you try looking at any of these torrent files? You could very welll find some good quality clips here:

http://www.torrentspy.com/search?query=ron+paul&submit.x=37&submit.y=9

Lord Xar
08-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Dean,

Did you try looking at any of these torrent files? You could very welll find some good quality clips here:

http://www.torrentspy.com/search?query=ron+paul&submit.x=37&submit.y=9

torrent? not familiar with that..

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
torrent? not familiar with that..

Torrent allows up/download of big files by letting individual machines host the files, but by managing the u/d-loading. You need a torrent client -- search for free torrent client. I use utorrent.

I got an entire 4 hour (or 4 gig) DVD off there, which I then reproduced 400X.

But run that search above. There were at least 30 - 50 RP files. I'm not terribly experienced with torrent, so there may be a way to find more. I saw the Google interview on there, Bill Maher, Daily Show, etc. The only problem you may run into is if the file is not being seeded. If that's the case, you may be able to contact the uploader.

Thing is, we should all be using torrent for our video. We'd have a thousand hours on there.

WannaBfree
08-26-2007, 08:21 PM
see post #74 on this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14318&page=8

Bittorrent isn't too hard to figure out - much info on the web. One of the links on post #74 is non-bittorrent.

Lord Xar
08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
see post #74 on this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14318&page=8

Bittorrent isn't too hard to figure out - much info on the web. One of the links on post #74 is non-bittorrent.

hmm, I looked that over.. great idea. For me, I need sometheing "television" quality.

Lord Xar
08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I saw at Mountain View a man that had video taped all of Ron's speech with a high end machine and they were selling DVD's for $15. Maybe some one from the San Jose meet up group has a copy or knows how to buy a copy.

I am trying to find this.. no luck so far...

Bryan
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
I may be able to help you out, but I'll need some specifics of what you want- I've got a lot. Most all is good quality on a tripod, good audio, etc - much is from Iowa.

Suzu
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I got an entire 4 hour (or 4 gig) DVD off there

4 hours' worth of video that takes up 4GB of space is far from high quality video.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
4 hours' worth of video that takes up 4GB of space is far from high quality video.

I didn't say that file was high quality. Each file is what it is. My point was that you can get very large files this way.

I don't know if the DVD had 4 hours' play, which is why I said parenthetically "or 4 gig." No big deal, but a quibble deserves a quibble back. :p

thomj76
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
What about contacting C-Span?

thomj76
08-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Bumpity-bump

Lord Xar
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Bumpity-bump

I think I have this covered. :)

Thom??? I emailed you... hahahhahaha.. help me out with the scripts!!!

thomj76
08-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Ok! Back to this area of the net! Been on multiple sites.

Lemme know what I can do. PM me to initiate personal interaction :/

:)

Lord Xar
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok! Back to this area of the net! Been on multiple sites.

Lemme know what I can do. PM me to initiate personal interaction :/

:)

hahhaha.. check your email... I emailed you 2x!!!

thomj76
08-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks for email, I will see what I can come up with. Bed time here now.