PDA

View Full Version : Secret Ron Paul Supporters

spacehabitats
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
A patient shocked me today by asking me, "So what are we Ron Paul supporters going to do this November?"

He had seen the RP magnets on my car. He is a member of his counties GOP county committee but has been so disgusted by the trends in the GOP in recent years that he didn't even try to become a delegate.

He hasn't been a member of the online community or joined a meetup group. I'm not sure if even knows what a meetup group is.

But I told him that help was on the way directed him to the CFL website anfd told him the fight had just begun.

I know there are more where he came from!:D

pinkmandy
06-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I think there are many out there! I've noticed it, too on other forums where people who used to laugh or ignore my posts altogether are now asking questions, agreeing with things...most of the ones I know are moms and they are getting worried about the future now. I've even gotten private messages from people I don't know asking me how Ron Paul is doing and wanting updates. :)

Kotin
06-18-2008, 11:19 PM
same thing happened to me at my Government class.

kid saw me reading The Revolution, and he asked me about it and if Ron Paul was going to run Independent..

I ended up giving the book to him and asking him to pass it on.

:D

gerryb
06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
A co-worker i'm friendly with who had a McCain, Huckabee, and Ron Paul sign in his front yard (huge Republican supporter, obviously) told me he is going to vote for Bob Barr the other day. I couldn't press him on his reasonign for Barr over McCain.. I suppose it's because we are in NY and a republican vote doesn't matter anyhow for prez.

The tides are turning.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-18-2008, 11:30 PM
nt

tomveil
06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Today I converted the lady who works the office in my apartment complex. (It was pretty easy honestly she just didn't know about RP) Sadly, I had her vote for Michael Delavar, but she lives outside the district :(

speciallyblend
06-19-2008, 01:31 AM
happens to me as well here in co mtns, people do ask me what we are upto, there is a strong interest from many others,they want us to succeed. i kinda always mention we need them to;)

Rhys
06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
It's funny how different things are today then a year ago.

Ron Paul is a fooken hero, but I'm thinking we did some good too. :)

SnappleLlama
06-19-2008, 08:26 AM
McCain is probably a secret Ron Paul supporter...

speciallyblend
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
A co-worker i'm friendly with who had a McCain, Huckabee, and Ron Paul sign in his front yard (huge Republican supporter, obviously) told me he is going to vote for Bob Barr the other day. I couldn't press him on his reasonign for Barr over McCain.. I suppose it's because we are in NY and a republican vote doesn't matter anyhow for prez.

The tides are turning.

you don't even need a reason to vote for barr over mccain, it's called common sense and smart. mccain is a wasted vote and thats being nice,very nice..

hillertexas
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
A neocon literally whispered in my ear at the convention (I had a RP button on) "the natives are restless and unhappy and I am open to new blood"

amy31416
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." McCain to a Ron Paul staff member (I think Kent Snyder.)

acptulsa
06-19-2008, 09:16 AM

Most Republicans (no, I'm not including Dubya's Mini McMe in this, though it's just possible I guess) really, really are patriots. They're just both confused and stubborn.

Crickett
06-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Most Republicans (no, I'm not including Dubya's Mini McMe in this, though it's just possible I guess) really, really are patriots. They're just both confused and stubborn.

So true. And never mention they are not FOR the Constitution, because they will become furious. They certainly ARE. They just have not read it in years, and do not realize how it is being undermined.

Dorfsmith
06-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I love coming to this board in the morning and finding an encouraging thread at the top. :cool:

pinkmandy
06-19-2008, 09:37 AM
A neocon literally whispered in my ear at the convention (I had a RP button on) "the natives are restless and unhappy and I am open to new blood"

Did you go to his place our yours for a nightcap? ;) :D

Yes, this is an awesome thread!!!!!

acptulsa
06-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Did you go to his place our yours for a nightcap? ;) :D

You women have such one-track minds. It's always sex sex sex, all the time. You never think about anything else.

Thank God!