PDA

View Full Version : "Don't like a law, change it"

Scofield
06-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Who else is sick and god damn tired of this phrase?

You don't like income tax? Change the law.
You don't like the current legal age for alcohol? Change the law.
You want marijuana legalized? Change the law.
You don't like the two political party system? Change it.

And then when I ask "how do I change it," they always respond with the phrase "Contact your representative."

What in the hell does contacting my representative do? Our Congressmen and women won't even stop funding an illegal and unconstitutional invasion, and you expect them to repeal the 16th Amendment and remove the income tax?

I have e-mailed both my New York State Senators and my local Congressman nearly a dozen times since January 2008, asking them to investigate Bush and Cheney and begin the impeachment process. What have they done since I started asking? Well, I've gotten one reply, and that was from Hillary Clinton. Instead of talking about impeachment, or even Bush and Cheney at all, she [automated response] told me she was deeply concerned about Global Warming.

So I do what you say, and contact my representatives, and out of about a dozen e-mails, I get one reply, to a subject I never even mentioned. "Contact your representatives" is just about the biggest load of horse shit I've ever heard.

Point of this thread, learn to like the status quo my friends. We will never change anything.