PDA

View Full Version : Help

skiingff
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Ads are the key. Going door to door is important too. But just waving signs isnt gonna do it anymore we NEED to get the word out en masse. We need to focus on NH, iowa, and south carolina, and BLANKET those areas with ads.

TV ads for New Hampshire are on the way. We will have them running in NH by early September. We need to make this a success so we can carry this TV advertising campaign on to other states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Pledge now to fund this project if you haven't:
http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

I need 4 pictures suitable for TV and the ad will be made and be available for preview by this Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest. It will then hopefully start airing the following week.

Brandon-

My apologies for the delay in response. I’ve been working with our production team on the images you’d like to use in the ad. Everything looks great, however, the quality and size of the photos are just too small to look clear on television. When the commercial goes on air, it will be reformatted to fit the size of a television screen and when that is done the images will be enlarged and stretched. In their current form, they will become very grainy and incredibly pixilated; simply put, it will be too blurry and not look clear.

Would you be able to send me any higher quality versions of those photos, or perhaps additional images? Everything else looks wonderful, and we can move forward with this as soon as we have higher resolution images. I’ve included the minimum requirements below for your convenience, and please give me a call if you have any questions.

Accepted Formats Min Resolution Min. Max. Min Quality

Logo JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP 360x240 pixels 30k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Photo JPEG, TIFF, BMP 1200x900 pixels 500k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Headshot JPEG, TIFF, BMP 200x300 pixels 50k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Best regards,

Kara Thirkill

Spot Runner Consulting Services

phone: 310-424-2108

toll free: 888-880-SPOT ext 2108

fax: 310-430-7999

email: kthirkill@spotrunner.com

Spot Runner Inc

6300 Wilshire Blvd

22nd Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90048

What I need is someone to put these two pictures together into ONE picture that meets the requirements. The b&w picture of Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan and one of the other 2 pictures of Paul w/ Reagan. The pictures can be found here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12778
I need someone to make 2 of those into 1 single picture.

Then, I need a picture that meets the requirements with Ron Paul in uniform. Since the only picture of him in uniform is EXTREMELY small, it needs to be fit into a collage with a couple other pictures or SOMETHING to get it to meet the requirements.

Next, I need a misc. picture that will appeal to EVERYBODY. It can be of anything ron paul related but MUST meet the requirements! Or else we'll keep getting them sent back and have to start over.

Finally, I need a Ron Paul: Hope for America banner with the website http://www.keepronfighting.com listed on the bottom. This will be an informational website we set up that explains nothing but the goodness of Ron Paul and will appeal to everybody (eg, show off his universal qualities, NOT focus on specifics). We cannot list ronpaul2008.com, as that would be a grassroots group mingling with the campaign.

If we can get these 4 pictures done by tomorrow, we can have an ad ready for preview by Wed. at the latest. I'm busy and not too familiar with photoshop and all that, so help on this would be appreciated. I've seen ya'lls YouTube videos and mosaics and whatnot; this should be doable by tomorrow.

ronpaulhawaii
08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry, no software for such work

dircha
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
TV ads for New Hampshire are on the way. We will have them running in NH by early September. We need to make this a success so we can carry this TV advertising campaign on to other states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Pledge now to fund this project if you haven't:
http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

I need 4 pictures suitable for TV and the ad will be made and be available for preview by this Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest. It will then hopefully start airing the following week.

[...]

If we can get these 4 pictures done by tomorrow, we can have an ad ready for preview by Wed. at the latest. I'm busy and not too familiar with photoshop and all that, so help on this would be appreciated. I've seen ya'lls YouTube videos and mosaics and whatnot; this should be doable by tomorrow.

Let's break this down into individual tasks. Isn't this the ad for the scripts we voted on? Where is the guy or gal whose script won? That person needs to be working on these tasks to help see this through.

Look, we have 2 image edit tasks, and 2 image search tasks. Everyone, including me, can help with the image search tasks. We just need to locate images that meet those requirements for use in the ad.

Let's get to it people. Now is the time to put your words into action.

IMAGE EDIT TASK 1:
What I need is someone to put these two pictures together into ONE picture that meets the requirements. The b&w picture of Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan and one of the other 2 pictures of Paul w/ Reagan. The pictures can be found here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12778
I need someone to make 2 of those into 1 single picture.

IMAGE EDIT TASK 2:
Finally, I need a Ron Paul: Hope for America banner with the website http://www.keepronfighting.com listed on the bottom. This will be an informational website we set up that explains nothing but the goodness of Ron Paul and will appeal to everybody (eg, show off his universal qualities, NOT focus on specifics). We cannot list ronpaul2008.com, as that would be a grassroots group mingling with the campaign.

IMAGE SEARCH TASK 1:
Then, I need a picture that meets the requirements with Ron Paul in uniform. Since the only picture of him in uniform is EXTREMELY small, it needs to be fit into a collage with a couple other pictures or SOMETHING to get it to meet the requirements.

IMAGE SEARCH TASK 2:
Next, I need a misc. picture that will appeal to EVERYBODY. It can be of anything ron paul related but MUST meet the requirements! Or else we'll keep getting them sent back and have to start over.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Bump this up in the morning. I can help with some of it then, but hitting the sack for now.

But do NOT save this for me. For one, I haven't looked at it carefully enough. Someone go after the image searches at least.

RonTaylor
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
This seems kinds shady. How do we now this is legit? Anyone could say they will do something if everyone donates . . . but where is the assurance that it will be done? Maybe someone is trying to make a quick $16,000.

Unless, we just pledge it and write the check to the actual TV company (which we could verify) we are purchasing the advertising from.

skiingff
08-27-2007, 05:49 AM
This seems kinds shady. How do we now this is legit? Anyone could say they will do something if everyone donates . . . but where is the assurance that it will be done? Maybe someone is trying to make a quick $16,000.

Unless, we just pledge it and write the check to the actual TV company (which we could verify) we are purchasing the advertising from.

I don't know how it couldn't be legit considering I said I'll charge at least a week's worth of ads with my own money pledged before asking for your pledges to turn into donations so we can keep them running longer. You see the ad, you see it (or read about it) airing on TV, and you still think I would even be ABLE to take money from a PayPal non-profit business account for personal use? C'mon. Even if you want to write a check to the ad firm, someone has to write the check... Who's to say THEY don't just not write it and take the money? How about stopping the conspiracy theories and helping me with these pictures... It's not like I'd be putting forth ALL this effort into getting this done if I just wanted money. I'm 19 and make $55,000 a year. I have plenty of money, thank you.

Slugg
08-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Are We allowed to Use "Ron Paul: Hope for America" Banner? Is this legal?

Slugg
08-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Here's a quick one I did. I spent most of my time removing the artifacts and color balancing the old pics (removing the stains, splotches, etc). I just threw this together.

Because of the deminsions required and the deminsions of the original photos, it will be very difficult to merge these into one photo without leaving some 'negative space' I filled that space with an American flag (kinda hokey, I know...just wanted to get the ball rolling). In light of your website ( I just learned about it) we can build a banner for your site and put it under these along with the final autograph from Ronald Reagan.

This is the size you asked for, please let me know if I can help. PM me if you want my number, it may be easier to convey your ideas via the phone than constantly waiting for forum updates.

So EVERYONE throw out suggestions on layout.

Here's the picture. Remember, it's a rough draft!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd304/Slugg4RonPaul/RoughDraft.jpg

Slugg
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Here's another I did using the Third Picture with Reagan. Do you have a logo I can use for your site? I can use that in the negative space. I'm using big red text to help separate the pics. Sorry if it's cluttered. NOTE: I also forgot to remove the rest of the mask on the autograph. I can take that out easily. Again, these are rough drafts to work on layout.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd304/Slugg4RonPaul/RoghDraft2.jpg

thomj76
08-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Ah! Nice to see people up and doing some work.

Here is mine, simple, 2 pictures, nothing fancy.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/1248701365_c3da33fbe3_b.jpg

MsDoodahs
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I tried to get some pics of Ron at the BarBQ that would work but I am certainly not a photographer. :(

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 08:20 AM
If you're wanting a bigger picture of Ron in uniform, my suggestion would be to send Carol Paul a message on her Myspace page. I would imagine she has quite a few.

MsDoodahs
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey, that's a great idea LibertyEagle!

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Just be sure not to mention to her what you plan to do with it. That way, no one can be accused of crossing any FEC rules.

Slugg
08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Just be sure not to talk about what you plan to do with it. That way, no one can be accused of crossing any FEC rules.

That just might work! It would be handy if the campaign just placed a ton of high resolution photos on their website for 'viewing' I wonder how that would work for us.

MsDoodahs
08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Slugg, that is also a great idea!

skiingff
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the "rough draft" pictures!!!! Now I need only 1 more -- Military/Iraq related with Ron Paul in uniform somewhere in it. I need it ASAP so they can FINALLY come up with a rough draft commercial for us to view.

skiingff
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
To all: I still need help getting Ron Paul photos that meet or exceed the photo requirements listed in this thread. I need the photos I described, as well as any others...

I sent Kara the Paul w/ Reagan "rough drafts" as well as the Paul picture that MsDoodahs recommended we use. The Paul picture MsDoodahs recommended is fine and should be good to go, but I ran into some problems with the Reagan ones:

Hi Brandon-

Thanks for getting these my way! The quality is much higher resolution wise, but it looks like we might be coming up against some legal barriers.

In order to use the shots, we would need permission from Ronald Reagan and everyone else in the photo’s permission to use the shots on the television ad. While they are great shots, the photos also appear that Ronald Reagan is endorsing Ron Paul- thus legally, we would need proof of such. The last concern the team had was showing Reagan’s signature and that may be copyrighted.

I think we should definitely use the photo of Mr. Paul, it looks fantastic. I’d love to get your feedback on which direction you’d like to go in.

Kara Thirkill

Spot Runner Consulting Services

phone: 310-424-2108

toll free: 888-880-SPOT ext 2108

email: kthirkill@spotrunner.com

First of all, good luck getting Ronald Reagan's "permission." He's dead. Secondly, how can a signature be copyrighted? Lastly, wouldn't a simple "Not approved or endorsed by Ronald Reagan" text disclaimer be sufficient?

I plan to have a patent attorney look into this. He is a friend of mine, and while not technically a copyright attorney, would still be useful to help clarify some of these "legal issues." Anyone else have an opinion on this development?

Also, I need help finding the appropriate images for TV so we can get this ad done!

skiingff
08-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Still need images for TV. Wanted the agency to start working on this today. Now it's tomorrow. Anyone?