PDA

View Full Version : Success in New Mexico

speciallyblend
06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
letter with info: note mccain and obama didn't have anything to do with this or our movement;):eek:

I'm very pleased to report excellent success in the completion of the New Mexico state convention on Saturday in Las Cruces, NM. Our state delegates represented themselves very well and showed the strength that we have in what was, for most of our delegates, the first outing to a convention. Our slate received 3 delegate positions and 6 alternate delegate positions in the vote by the assembly. This was accomplished in the face of a rule change by the Central Committee the morning of the convention and the publication of a "Unity Slate," with orders running around the convention to "toe the line." Although the state GOP was not "overly friendly," they were not overtly negative except in a couple of circumstances: Two of our delegates were disqualified over a really obvious book-keeping error, and one was ejected for simply trying to ask a question about videotaping on the convention floor. In neither case were the rules evident or adhered to, just the Chairman's gavel and the desire of the GOP to "move ahead." This will be documented and forwarded to the party and press simply to inform them that the behavior is noted and does not reflect well on them. Little other than that can probably be accomplished unless someone wants to really dive into it. However, the enthusiasm of our folks was high and there were a few minor confrontations but for the most part things went smoothly. I think the main thing our folks saw was how easy it really will be to take over the GOP in the next election cycle. Having accomplished this in the midst of the transition of the Presidential campaign to the CFL in my mind reflects great credit on the delegates and supporters in New Mexico. This is a solid group with enormous potential for the future. I think the remnants of the formail campaign and Dr. Paul owe them a heartfelt "Thank you" and a very hearty "WELL DONE!" It is especially important to consider that all this was accomplished by these volunteers with the Ron Paul2008 PCC spending hardly a dime in the state of NM throughout the formal campaign and only the virtual support and training I could provide through my 4 visits around the state. I really love these people and all they accomplished in a short time frame. It may sound cliche to some, but I think "They are Awesome!," needs to be said. I would be very happy to continue to work with the folks around the state through the CFL to achieve even greater future success. BTW, this is my last "official" email as a "state coordinator. " That phase is now closed and we move on to the CFL. Can't say as I'm really upset about that........ ;>) Best Regards to All, Jeff WrightVol. State Field CoordinatorColorado/New MexicoRon Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign

WE LOVE YOU JEFF, thank you

speciallyblend
06-18-2008, 04:15 PM
bump for the revolution:) New Mexico thank you

bucfish
06-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice

Carole
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Great job!! You and all your efforts are much appreciated. Thanks.

speciallyblend
06-19-2008, 07:22 AM
bump and get to work folks

Ozwest
06-19-2008, 07:36 AM
I love New Mex. Lived there for 6 years.

Best camping. Best food.

And a dislike for Texans.

speciallyblend
06-19-2008, 07:45 AM
I love New Mex. Lived there for 6 years.

Best camping. Best food.

And a dislike for Texans.

well im not jumping on that one. as i look behind me to make sure i don't have any long horns ramming me;)

Ozwest
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
well im not jumping on that one. as i look behind me to make sure i don't have any long horns ramming me;)

It's kinda like the insolent younger brother.

A good left jab avoiding a right hook.:D

Crickett
06-19-2008, 09:43 AM
wtg

acroso
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
3 out of how many?

robmpreston
06-19-2008, 10:31 AM
3 out of how many?

Arklatex
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM