PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Sovereignty

0zzy
08-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I was just watching CNN. Some of the people in the Iraqi parliamentary were upset that they didn't have national sovereignty. A man who was in the military committee or w/e it's called said they couldn't even send their troops into battle without US approval, and that their troops respond to US Officers. Their intelligence department was run by the CIA and didn't have elected Iraqi officials (or something like that) and they can't even run their own intelligence.

The US Officers they interviewed stated that their objective is to keep Iraq safe.

So, it seems like the Iraqis don't want us there. And yet, people in America say we must stay to "help" these people, but these people are sick of our help it seems like (and rightfully so).

Thoughts?

Keith
08-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like our government is helping them the way they help us on April 15 every year.

SwooshOU
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Just come home.

Give me liberty
08-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Let iraqis run there own country.
The iraqis know there country why should we be helping them?

I hope all of our troops will just come back home.

J4ck
08-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Experts say about 400000 Iraqis actively support the resistance...so no they don't want the US there.

LibertyBelle
08-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Nation building 'spreading democracy' is about control. Control for people in the US gov't and certain global corporations. Follow the money. Even if US troops started to leave or left completely, there will be certain puppets in top positions. Oh, but that has eventually backfired on the good ole' kiddies who have done this before.

The US leaving will not end control there, unless of course RP gets in office!

J4ck
08-26-2007, 05:35 PM
"The US leaving will not end control there"
I don't think so. Iran would take it over with al-Sadr's help.