PDA

View Full Version : Article: Border Patrol chief rejects mission against aliens

propanes
08-26-2007, 04:44 PM
By Sara A. Carter - A Border Patrol chief at one of the nation's most dangerous Southwest border crossings says the agency's mission doesn't include apprehending illegal aliens or seizing narcotics — perplexing front-line agents and angering a congressional critic of illegal immigration.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again," Carlos X. Carrillo, Border Patrol chief of Laredo, Texas, told guests at a town-hall meeting Thursday. "The Border Patrol's job is not to stop illegal immigrants. The Border Patrol's job is not to stop narcotics. ... The Border Patrol's mission is not to stop criminals.

"The Border Patrol's mission is to stop terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the country."

Law-enforcement agencies consider Laredo to be one of the Southwest's most dangerous border crossings. It is the sister city of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, which is controlled by one of that country's most ruthless drug-smuggling rings.

Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican, called for Mr. Carrillo's resignation Friday. He also questioned how the recently appointed official could tell the difference between an illegal alien and a terrorist.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070826/NATION/108260044/1001

SeanEdwards
08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
That guy needs to be fired. Immediately.

SwordOfShannarah
08-26-2007, 05:39 PM
That guy needs to be fired. Immediately.

Don't you mean hung?

SeanEdwards
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't you mean hung?

I don't think he should die. I just think he should not be responsible for border security.

Brasil Branco
08-26-2007, 05:53 PM
He also questioned how the recently appointed official could tell the difference between an illegal alien and a terrorist.

Is he serious?

constituent
08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
we need more heros like this guy!

-don't look at me, i'm just doing my job.

take it up w/ his bosses at the DHS.