PDA

View Full Version : Sam Young for Governor of Vermont

Badger Paul
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Sam Young becomes the first Vermont gubenatorial candidate to call for Vermont's secession from the Union and to establish itself once again as an independent nation as it was 1795, the Green Mountain Republic.

Sam's website (http://www.samyoungforvermont.com/)is now up and he's been endorsed by the Second Vermont Republic (http://www.vermontrepublic.org/news_events/sam_young_for_vermont). He ask you to please donate and offer your help for the campaign on his website.

For those allied with the cause of liberty, freedom and decentralization, please support Sam Young for Governor 2008.

SnappleLlama
06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Seccession from the Union? Wait...what??

*runs to check website*

SLSteven
06-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Sam Young becomes the first Vermont gubenatorial candidate to call for Vermont's secession from the Union and to establish itself once again as an independent nation as it was 1795, the Green Mountain Republic.

Will he allow foreign military bases in the new country? :D

Badger Paul
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Absolutly not. Free Vermont!

samyoungforvt
06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you for your voice of support but it should be said that what I am for is people creating their individual and community independence rather than all out secession. The people of Vermont are still a long way from electing a leader where secession is the platform. I am running for governor to represent the interests of all people in Vermont and not a select few. What I want is for state government to return local control to individual communities in order to keep the democratic spirit alive here in Vermont. I also want to bring in a new era where the youth are involved in the political process and by using free and open source technologies we can make campaigns about ideas rather than money.

Let's bring the sides together rather than creating wedge issues.

Freedom & Unity
Sam Young
www.sam4vt.com

FireofLiberty
06-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Can I get Vermont citizenship?

Johnnybags
06-19-2008, 04:22 PM
is all you'll need.

FireofLiberty
06-19-2008, 04:27 PM
The best advice I can give you, in a state like Vermont, is to start knocking on doors. There should be some kind of data you can reference to figure out where the high yield voters are. Get those addresses, sort them by neighborhood, print that information out as a walk sheet and start pounding the pavement going door-to-door.

Make sure notes are taken and have signs with you. You don't have to carry them, just leave them in a car somewhere nearby, make a note if someone is willing to or wants to put up a yard sign and then at the end of the way drop off signs at those addresses.

I mean, if you start now you could LITERALLY personally hit every high yield voter in the state, although it's probably a good idea for you to get volunteers to go canvassing with you and to give the lower yield voter households to them and do the high yield ones yourself.