PDA

View Full Version : Reade Range Shoot

B964
06-18-2008, 06:24 AM
I would like to invite you to Reade Range in Allenmans, Pennsylvania on September 6th and 7th for an Appleseed shoot.
Reade Range is one of the premier shooting facilities in Western PA. WWW.READERANGE.ORG

What is an Appleseed shoot?
The Appleseed project was developed by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. The RWVA is an all volunteer, 501.c.3 non profit organization. The project combines rifle marksmanship training with the history of the American Revolution. Appleseed instructors have all consistently scored a minimum of 210 on the Army qualification test. They will go over rifle safety, the six steps of firing the shot, proper sling use, natural point of aim, firing positions, and sight adjustments. They will also tell some amazing stories of the American Revolution that will give you a new appreciation for the men and woman who sacrificed all they had to win us the Freedoms we enjoy today. Appleseed can improve the skills of beginners to experts, while bringing many new rifle owners into the sport.

Chris Knox of the Firearms Coalition wrote about his experience at an Appleseed Shoot.
http://www.firearmscoalition.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=147&Itemid=63
Mike Kinsey, of the Ohioans for Concealed Carry, joined us for a shoot and presented his experience. http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3852/83/
Stewart Rhodes, of SWAT Magazine, joined us and wrote about his experience in the February 2008 issue of SWAT Magazine. He says, "That is why this is no mere shooting program. This is a path back to regaining an essential part of what it means to be an American".

While Appleseed project training focuses on semi auto, magazine fed, iron sighted rifles, all legal rifles are welcome. The purpose is to teach you to effectively shoot the rifle you have and that training can be applied to any rifle. The rifles you will see at an Appleseed range from the .22 rim fire, SKS, AR-15, to an M1 Garand.

Please visit our websites and register for the shoot, we hope to see you there.

Cowlesy
06-19-2008, 07:24 AM
//

pcosmar
06-19-2008, 07:48 AM
"If wishes were fishes"
I have spot picked out for a 100 yd range on my property.
If I am ever "allowed" to own firearms again.

Till then all of these Appleseed, and Full Auto shoots are just another kick in the balls. :mad:

B964
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
"If wishes were fishes"
I have spot picked out for a 100 yd range on my property.
If I am ever "allowed" to own firearms again.

Till then all of these Appleseed, and Full Auto shoots are just another kick in the balls. :mad:

Sorry to keep tormenting you with all the Appleseed event info. If if helps it's not any fun. It is all work, work, work. Thirty to fourty rifles rapid firing and hitting the target is annoying. All those stories of the American Revolution are boring.

pcosmar
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry to keep tormenting you with all the Appleseed event info. If if helps it's not any fun. It is all work, work, work. Thirty to fourty rifles rapid firing and hitting the target is annoying. All those stories of the American Revolution are boring.

Yeah, thanks.:rolleyes:
I am actually glad to see and hear about folks learning, but It does pick at my scabs.:o
Keep up the good work.

Gideon
06-21-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah, thanks.:rolleyes:
I am actually glad to see and hear about folks learning, but It does pick at my scabs.:o
Keep up the good work.

When will you be made whole?

pcosmar
06-21-2008, 05:33 AM
When will you be made whole?
Well, that is the $64,000 Question.
I already should be.
I have received a restoration of rights. Unfortunately it is ignored by the state and I have been arrested and tried for a shotgun that I did not own or use.
It seems that I am caught between conflicting laws.

So, to answer your question.... Unknown.

When we are all free.
When the situation changes to the point that present laws are not relevant.
When Christ returns.
When I die.

I have been told (and believe it true) that $100,000 could buy my rights back. (Lawyers,bribes,etc) But I do not have those resources.

It was researching these very questions that brought me to Ron Paul and this movement.

whiskersoil
06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I signed up for the July 5-6 shoot in Ottawa IL.... free if you're under 21!