PDA

View Full Version : Militants found recruits among Guantanamo's wrongly detained

MikeSmith
06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/38779.html

revolutionary8
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/38779.html

Mohammed Naim Farouq was a thug in the lawless Zormat district of eastern Afghanistan. He ran a kidnapping and extortion racket, and he controlled his turf with a band of gunmen who rode around in trucks with AK-47 rifles.

U.S. troops detained him in 2002, although he had no clear ties to the Taliban or al Qaida. By the time Farouq was released from Guantanamo the next year, however — after more than 12 months of what he described as abuse and humiliation at the hands of American soldiers — he'd made connections to high-level militants.

In fact, he'd become a Taliban leader. When the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency released a stack of 20 "most wanted" playing cards in 2006 identifying militants in Afghanistan and Pakistan — with Osama bin Laden at the top — Farouq was 16 cards into the deck.
First thought- Is Guantanamo a training establishment for the Taliban?
It is a freaking miracle (a scam) that he made such "high" connections while detained in GUANTANAMO, isn't it?

evilfunnystuff
06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
First thought- Is Guantanamo a training establishment for the Taliban?
It is a freaking miracle (a scam) that he made such "high" connections while detained in GUANTANAMO, isn't it?

not really this is how our american prisons work to they are a great place for criminals to network share experiances techniques make connections and work your way up the ladder.

the direct connections he made may not have been to the highest levell but they allow networking to begin.

considering he had a organisation in place and had a lot of power and rescourses coupled with the experiance drive and motivation it is not hard to imagine he would be someone they would want to recruit for a high level position.

pcosmar
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I am surprised that anyone would be surprised.
You snatch somebody, cage them, abuse them. and then let them go and expect that they don't want revenge.

:confused::confused::confused:

Dieseler
06-18-2008, 04:26 PM
You snatch somebody, cage them, abuse them. and then let them go and expect that they don't want revenge.

You got that shit right.
You do that to me and you damn well better finish the job.

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM

This is precisely the function of the Taliban- controlled opposition/blowback, and perpetual War. Guantanamo imo is merely a training ground, and a recruitment facility for the puppet masters.