PDA

View Full Version : What about this marketing idea?

libertygrl
08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I was listening to this guy speak on CSPAN earlier today. (I actually touched upon this idea in a different post): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14329

Anyway, he's known RP for 30 years and is chairman of American Target Advertising. He helped RP become a congressman through direct mailing. Check this out:

RICHARD A. VIGUERIE transformed American politics by developing technology that empowered tens of millions of grassroots Americans.* For this achievement, he has been recognized as a founder of the modern conservative movement, and he has been honored for empowering people of all political persuasions.

In 1965, he started an advertising agency with one employee in an office over a fraternal lodge.* Combining computer technology with political direct mail, he made possible hundreds of political candidacies and causes that could not have existed otherwise.

In many ways, Viguerie’s technology was the Internet of the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s.* For the first time, regular people could combine millions of small contributions, offsetting the power of political fatcats.* For the first time, small organizations could communicate messages effectively and affordably across the nation.* For the first time, the Big Media had grassroots competition in the marketplace of ideas.

Viguerie’s company has mailed more than two billion letters over the past 40 years.* Ronald Reagan’s 1968 campaign manager Cliff White and journalist William Gill wrote in their book Why Reagan Won:* “In every election from 1966 onward, the Viguerie Company and its score of imitators . . . brought information to millions of *Americans, information that quite often the people could not obtain from newspapers or television or mass-circulation magazines.” http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/ravbio.php

I know we don't have the kind of bucks he had however, what if all the meetup groups from each state does something similar like the Iowa letter writing campaign, only we contact people within our perspective state/counties? Groups could chip in for stamps, envelopes, etc. We could come up with either a letter or even a postcard. Just something so we can start reaching massive amounts of people because we are at a disadvantage due to the media blackout of Ron Paul. What do you think?