PDA

View Full Version : The Huckster is STILL stealing from RP!

RonPaulFever
06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
LOL...he's writing a book! (http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:17483.1130364219/rid:d35d1a2cf0c1b65a74e6909a5bccca46)

Here's the best part:

"I hope that you'll be one that will preorder Do the Right Thing and be one of the first in America to read the amazing story of how a group of grass roots citizens, just like you, really built more than a campaign, [it created] a political movement in America."

There's a Huck-inspired political movement? Really?

Sandra
06-17-2008, 08:20 PM
What movement?

newyearsrevolution08
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
its called church.

RonPaulFever
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I'd really be interested to know how much HuckPAC has in its coffers. Couldn't be more than a couple thousand.

Our Mission

Huck PAC is founded on the principles that make America great: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Our Republican Party embodies these ideas and is best suited to lead America forward.

Huck PAC is committed to helping Republicans regain control of the House and Senate, regain a majority of governorships and elect John McCain as the 44th President of the United States.

Huck PAC will support Republican candidates who are passionate advocates for tax reform, a strong national defense, real border security, life, the family, less government, and individual liberty.

Huck PAC will identify candidates who hold firm to these principles, promote their campaigns and financially support their efforts.

Oh reaaaaaaaally? Individual liberty? Does Mike Huckabee even know what that means? :rolleyes:

I can't imagine any Huckabee supporter caring enough to donate money to this.
www.huckpac.com

Michael Ingram
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
huh *shrug* :rolleyes:

brandon
06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
its called church.

lol :D

Knightskye
06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
"Do the right thing. Buy my book. Watch me on FOX News!"

pinkmandy
06-17-2008, 08:58 PM
"Do the right thing. Buy my book. Watch me on FOX News!"

Help Huck make a buck. :D

lasenorita
06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Why couldn't Ron Paul have entered seminary and then drop out in order to head up the PR dep't of a televangelist -- just like Huckabee? Shucks! Paul could have landed a respectable job working for FOX News. Instead, he's heading up a ridiculous organization using some outdated piece of paper as its guide. ;)

/sarcasm (just in case)

Jeremy
06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Let's be fair for a second though. He REALLY did have the 2nd biggest grassroots campaign out of anyone running. Of course, the 1st biggest is A LOT bigger

rockandrollsouls
06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
its called church.

lmao

hopeforamerica
06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
What movement?

bowel

fr33domfightr
06-17-2008, 11:47 PM
"Huck PAC will support Republican candidates who are passionate advocates for tax reform"

Since when was McCain really passionate about tax reform, seriously, or Obama for that matter??

If any president could convince the Congress to change the tax code substantially and get it signed into law, that president would go down in history!!

I just don't see that happening with tweedle dee or tweedle dumb.

FF

skyorbit
06-17-2008, 11:48 PM
We need to make sure to have a Ron Paul Book Bomb the week that comes out, so we're higher on the bestseller list then Tax Hike Mike!

Tracy

Kotin
06-17-2008, 11:52 PM
its called church.

hahaha... I like you.

Paulitical Correctness
06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Huckabee has the best nicknames.

SLSteven
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Feeble attempt to immitate Dr Paul

Knightskye
06-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, he's done the right thing before.

http://www.theangryyoungman.com/unspunimages/huckabee%20fat.jpghttp://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/Huckabee.jpg

Kotin
06-18-2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.theangryyoungman.com/unspunimages/huckabee%20fat.jpg

LOL!!!!!:D

Paulitical Correctness
06-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Apparently we stole the blimp idea from him, though. The Huckablimp's much more grandiose too, he IS the blimp.

Lawl.

WRellim
06-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Well, it's not simply "theft" nor even flattery via copying...

It's about "Co-opting" and diluting the impact of the RP populist movement... see if you get a half-dozen fake "copycat" things out there then the real thing eventually looks like just another fake copy... and it get's undermined as a result, hence this recent photo of the Huckster at a speaking engagement:

http://media.playstadium.dk/cpg133/albums/screenshots/TheIncredibles/underminer_art.jpg

NOTE: Looks like the weight is coming back (tends to happen a couple of years after the surgery), but the teeth are about the same!
:D

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-18-2008, 08:44 AM

It's about "Co-opting" and diluting the impact of the RP populist movement... see if you get a half-dozen fake "copycat" things out there then the real thing eventually looks like just another fake copy... and it get's undermined as a result...

That seemed to be his gig all along as soon as the media started mentioning him to avoid talking about Paul.

SLSteven
06-18-2008, 10:02 AM

It's about "Co-opting" and diluting the impact of the RP populist movement

We'll just have to make sure Huckster fails to dilute us.

weslinder
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I actually admired the kind of campaign Huckabee ran, and thought a lot of him personally. But his speech at the Texas Convention was downright dangerous. Here's the letter I wrote in response:

Honorable Governor Huckabee,

Thank you for coming to the Republican Party of Texas Convention last week and speaking to us. As a Texan with Arkansas roots, I understand the kind of bravery and fortitude that takes. I really admire your leadership. When I lived with my step-grandmother in Little Rock for three weeks after my apartment was destroyed by Hurricane Rita, your State opened their arms to me and treated me like one of her own. It was a testament to your leadership. Also, I thought your Presidential campaign was run honorably, and in a manner that reflects the dignity of the office. You were my second choice for President.

Unfortunately, I thought the central theme of your speech was dangerous to freedom, and antithetical to conservative and Christian views. You made the assertion that, because we are immoral, we have an oppressive government, and to restore liberty, we as a country must return to our moral roots. I reject that assertion, and firmly believe that you have committed a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. I believe that we as a country do not have a nanny state because we are immoral, but rather that we as a country are immoral because we have a nanny state.

One of the recurring themes of Jesus' teachings is the law of sowing and reaping. Jesus repeatedly teaches his followers, that while grace covers all sin, those who sow bad seed still reap bad fruit. Similarly, those who do good will reap the benefits. When the Federal Government started the corporate bailout policy in the early 20th Century Progressive Era, and then started the implementation of the welfare state under Roosevelt, they effectively stood in the way of the law of sowing and reaping. By removing consequences for bad behavior, the Federal Government reinforces bad behavior.

One of the classic truisms of government is that when you subsidize something, you get more of it. Case in point: our welfare system. In the United States today, single African-American mothers are encouraged by the government to have more children by the promise of more welfare payments. Working class African American fathers can't marry the mother of their children, because it would mean a lower standard of living for those children. That is why we have an immoral society.

For contrast, consider what a single black mother did before the New Deal and the Great Society. She would have to turn to private charity from family, churches, and community groups. All of those groups would help her, but give her the tough love to understand that her behavior is destructive. Instead of reinforcing bad behavior, her family and/or church would show her the love of Jesus and help her avoid the same behavior in the future.

We must be careful to not fall in the Progressive trap of assuming that if the government doesn't provide some charity or service, that it won't get done. As conservatives, we believe in the capacity of free men to always meet a need. We must have faith in our brothers and sisters to do whatever is necessary to maintain a free and fair society. We cannot force morality on the population without oppression any more than we can force equality without oppression. As adopted Texan Davy Crockett said, "We have the right as individuals to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right to appropriate a dollar of the public money."

Governor, I really hope you will re-examine your views and align them better with our founders' views and our Savior's teachings. For Him, the free will and self-determination of man is important. It should be to Republicans as well.

Thank you and God bless,

Wesley Linder
Groves, Texas

SLSteven
06-18-2008, 10:13 AM
I actually admired the kind of campaign Huckabee ran, and thought a lot of him personally. But his speech at the Texas Convention was downright dangerous. Here's the letter I wrote in response:

Excellent letter weslinder. Did you receive a response?

AJ Antimony
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
LOL...he's writing a book! (http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:17483.1130364219/rid:d35d1a2cf0c1b65a74e6909a5bccca46)

Here's the best part:

"I hope that you'll be one that will preorder Do the Right Thing and be one of the first in America to read the amazing story of how a group of grass roots citizens, just like you, really built more than a campaign, [it created] a political movement in America."

There's a Huck-inspired political movement? Really?

Like other candidates money bombs... will be a BIG dud!

weslinder
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Excellent letter weslinder. Did you receive a response?

Not yet. I don't expect one soon, but I'm hoping for one eventually.

Chiznaddy
06-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Fantastic letter. This is the kind of stuff we need to distribute to religious people to help them understand that the message of liberty is not at odds, but is in harmony with religion.

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm surious to see how the Communist News Network (CNN) handles this, since Huck's Campaign Bitch, Ed Rollins, is back for at the competition, to FIXED (FOX NEWS).

Mike Huckabee and Ed Rollins do just like the Industrial Espionage Complex of JAPAN. Watch and Surveillance of newly developed policies and ideas, see which one are popular and sell to the public, then try to improve upon them to SELL IT EVEN FURTHER.

PLAGIARISM at it's FINEST! Then again, HUCK can get his IN-BREED, Chromosome missing, mouth of Ivories fixed!

RIGHT NOW: DIane FEINSTEIN's speech on the Senate Floor is like 98% RON PAUL message for the past year.

HINT: They're all a bunch of Pandering, Crooked, Silver-Tongued Devils!

Eric21ND
06-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Did Spike Lee write the foreword to the book? lol

acptulsa
06-18-2008, 01:21 PM
HINT: They're all a bunch of Pandering, Crooked, Silver-Tongued Devils!

Hey! John McCain doesn't deserve that label!!

Guy's tongue is made of lead!

Otherwise, yeah, it fits....