PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb for BJ Lawson- June 29, 2008

pacelli
06-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello all,

I just spoke with BJ Lawson, Ron Paul-endorsed congressional candidate for North Carolina's 4th district. As many of you know BJ defeated Augustus Cho in our recent primary on May 6. Here is his thank you message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqndDsj63I

After speaking with BJ, I am happy to report that he is firmly committed to defeating the incumbent democrat David Price. However, time is of the essence. BJ needs to raise at least $80,000 by the end of the month in order to have the resources necessary to fight the Price.

In talking to BJ about significant dates, he mentioned that his 12th wedding anniversary is on Sunday, June 29th. I find this to be a nearly perfect date for a moneybomb. Many people have said they wished to donate to his campaign, located at his official campaign website: www.lawsonforcongress.com .

The Lawson Minutemen and the LawsonLibertyFund have also changed their moneybomb date from July 4 to Sunday, June 29. Please consider pledging at: www.lawsonlibertyfund.com. We currently have 20 pledges.

We do need some help spreading the word and posting around the net. If anyone wishes to design a graphic .jpg to post places, your help is greatly appreciated. Please help me increase awareness. For the record I don't work for the Lawson for Congress campaign.

Please consider supporting the BJ Lawson moneybomb on Sunday June 29, 2008 in any way that you can. Even if you do not wish to wait for June 29, please consider donating today to BJ's campaign website at: https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

Please keep this post bumped!

Thanks!

malkusm
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
One day before my next payday....sweet!

I'll save up enough to donate.

pacelli
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
One day before my next payday....sweet!

I'll save up enough to donate.

Thank you so much!

MRoCkEd
06-17-2008, 06:02 PM
isn't there one for july 4th?

malkusm
06-17-2008, 06:04 PM
isn't there one for july 4th?

Does this mean I should donate twice, just in case? :rolleyes:

MRoCkEd
06-17-2008, 06:05 PM
No

Thrice.

Jeremy
06-17-2008, 06:05 PM

yup!

I am the guy now in charge of the July 4th one. But I'm told he needs money before the end of the month or it won't be good =o

malkusm
06-17-2008, 06:07 PM
What are his plans as far as securing advertising (and how early)? How soon will he need volunteers down there? Once August rolls around I'll be about a 3 hour drive from Raleigh....

FireofLiberty
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
What are his plans as far as securing advertising (and how early)? How soon will he need volunteers down there? Once August rolls around I'll be about a 3 hour drive from Raleigh....

E-mail this guy: paige.shetley@lawsonforcongress.com

pacelli
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
yup!

I am the guy now in charge of the July 4th one. But I'm told he needs money before the end of the month or it won't be good =o

Thank you, yes I never meant for a conflict to occur. I heard it from the man himself, he needs at least 80k before the end of this month. I encourage everyone to donate to both (I know I will be donating to both), but honestly-- the sooner the better. We all know what happens when a campaign doesn't receive funding in time.

Johnnybags
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
an email asking for support, if we all sent in 5.00 bucks he would have enough to scare the heck out of the competition. I wish Paul would use his contributors list to ask for support for Paul certified candidates. I'd send in money all year across the country if 50k others did. It would be a coup d'etat.

pacelli
06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
an email asking for support, if we all sent in 5.00 bucks he would have enough to scare the heck out of the competition. I wish Paul would use his contributors list to ask for support for Paul certified candidates. I'd send in money all year across the country if 50k others did. It would be a coup d'etat.

I've just emailed the CFL about it. I'll post as soon as I receive a response. I hope I receive one!

Jeremy
06-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Thank you, yes I never meant for a conflict to occur. I heard it from the man himself, he needs at least 80k before the end of this month. I encourage everyone to donate to both (I know I will be donating to both), but honestly-- the sooner the better. We all know what happens when a campaign doesn't receive funding in time.

the problem is that how do i promote the one im in charge of if you're saying they should donate on the 29th?

runningdiz
06-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Promote both! Money is needed asap as we learned with Rons campaign. Two money bombs cant hurt

nimo
06-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Count me in! I will all I can do to support the NC Candidates.

itshappening
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Lawson needs help if he is going to defeat the incumbent he needs to get flyers and stuff out to the people

runningdiz
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
yes he needs money and volunteers!! Liberty pac should run ads for him like ron paul. we should be able to crush the oponent with a national effort for a congressional district. He is rons only hope for a friend in congress next year.

james1844
06-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Count me in for a modest donation.

SnappleLlama
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
The BJ Lawson Moneybomb has been added to the Cat Herder Grassroots Roadmap (i.e., links list): http://www.operationcatherder.com/index.php/Grassroots_Roadmap

james1844
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Just emailed the campaign for liberty to let them know.

Folks, lets spread the word.

Of all the RP GOP candidates, BJ has a serious shot in the general. He presents very well.

Best,

James

pacelli
06-17-2008, 10:56 PM
the problem is that how do i promote the one im in charge of if you're saying they should donate on the 29th?

Keep promoting the moneybomb you are in charge of. The more exposure for BJ's fundraising, the better. As long as we can get close to the goal by the end of June, then I'm sure the 7/4 one will put him over the top (or beyond). I don't have the knowledge or resources to massively promote the 6/29 one, so I am really relying on word of mouth.

DRV45N05
06-18-2008, 01:05 AM
What we need is for Trevor f***ing Lyman to step up.

pacelli
06-18-2008, 10:42 AM
bump. Please help keep this thread on the first page.

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 10:48 AM
our July 4th one is changing to June 29th

we have a website

ill post the link later today after i finish some things

pacelli
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
our July 4th one is changing to June 29th

we have a website

ill post the link later today after i finish some things

Thanks stormcommander, I actually just received an email from your web manager, here's the web link.

Folks we have 20 people pledged now. Please spread the word!

http://lawsonlibertyfund.com/

pacelli
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
bump. By the way, I know that BJ is manning the phones, so if people donate there is a very good chance that you will receive a phone call from BJ himself (not a robo or recording).

pacelli
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
bump for the evening crew

amy31416
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Pledged, I'm in to donate. BJ's one of the best out there aside from RP himself.

http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com/

itshappening
06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Pledge!!!!!!

DRV45N05
06-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Folks, seriously:

B.J. Lawson has shown to be BY FAR the best, most credible, and most qualified Ron Paul Republican candidate running. I mean, seriously; can you take a look at any other candidate, watch their You Tube videos, read their writings on their websites, and honestly bring yoursel to say that B.J. is NOT the best candidate we have? Can you take a look at any other candidate's website and say that it's better than B.J.'s and that they have a better campaign plan and organization than B.J.'s? If you do, then you are either lying to yourelf, have no political instincts, have some serious analytical deficiencies, a combination of the above, or all of the above.

We attended a town hall the other night in Durham that our Primary opponent held, and the place was slam packed full of angry constituents who are angry about everything from the lack of progress on ending the war to NBAF. When B.J. got a chance to ask him a question (which was "Do you read the bills before you vote on the?"), Price accused him of wanting to make the townhall a political debate and, depsite calls from the audience, refused to answer the question. Needless to say, we left there with a lot of fans. And as the word is spreading, we're bringing in more and more fans, volunteers, and energetic supporters.

We've built a great organization. We have more than 40 student interns, which is unheardof for gubernatorial and senatorial campaigns, much less House campaigns. A supporter has put up a Democrats for B.J. Lawson (http://democratsforlawson.blogspot.com/) blog, with our Field Director Ray posting there. (He actually worked for Hillary before coming on board with us, as he loves our message.)

We MUST raise $500,000 in the next three months. We have a plan to do so, and the Ron Paul social networking community- you guys- are a big part. We NEED you guys to help us raise money online, organizing fund-raising events and bringing in the donors. We absolutely CAN win this seat, and when we do, we will send shock-waves all over the country. We have already done so in our district and throughout the state with our trouncing of a State Party-backed candidate. This is YOUR responsibility. If you want a candidate like B.J. win, you have to do the work necessary to help him get there. And it's not as if it's some arduous task to go to a website, sign up on the list, email friends, family, and fellow Ron Paul supporters, email your Meetup groups (perhaps even posting a Meetup about it), Facebook people, etc.. If you do not help make this a success, then you have absolutely no excuse.

pacelli
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Folks, seriously:

B.J. Lawson has shown to be BY FAR the best, most credible, and most qualified Ron Paul Republican candidate running. I mean, seriously; can you take a look at any other candidate, watch their You Tube videos, read their writings on their websites, and honestly bring yoursel to say that B.J. is NOT the best candidate we have? Can you take a look at any other candidate's website and say that it's better than B.J.'s and that they have a better campaign plan and organization than B.J.'s? If you do, then you are either lying to yourelf, have no political instincts, have some serious analytical deficiencies, a combination of the above, or all of the above.

We attended a town hall the other night in Durham that our Primary opponent held, and the place was slam packed full of angry constituents who are angry about everything from the lack of progress on ending the war to NBAF. When B.J. got a chance to ask him a question (which was "Do you read the bills before you vote on the?"), Price accused him of wanting to make the townhall a political debate and, depsite calls from the audience, refused to answer the question. Needless to say, we left there with a lot of fans. And as the word is spreading, we're bringing in more and more fans, volunteers, and energetic supporters.

We've built a great organization. We have more than 40 student interns, which is unheardof for gubernatorial and senatorial campaigns, much less House campaigns. A supporter has put up a Democrats for B.J. Lawson (http://democratsforlawson.blogspot.com/) blog, with our Field Director Ray posting there. (He actually worked for Hillary before coming on board with us, as he loves our message.)

We MUST raise $500,000 in the next three months. We have a plan to do so, and the Ron Paul social networking community- you guys- are a big part. We NEED you guys to help us raise money online, organizing fund-raising events and bringing in the donors. We absolutely CAN win this seat, and when we do, we will send shock-waves all over the country. We have already done so in our district and throughout the state with our trouncing of a State Party-backed candidate. This is YOUR responsibility. If you want a candidate like B.J. win, you have to do the work necessary to help him get there. And it's not as if it's some arduous task to go to a website, sign up on the list, email friends, family, and fellow Ron Paul supporters, email your Meetup groups (perhaps even posting a Meetup about it), Facebook people, etc.. If you do not help make this a success, then you have absolutely no excuse.

Well said. We need people spreading this far and wide. People are waiting for the CFL to announce this. Here's the rub-- we ARE the CFL. Ron has always directed us to take things upon ourselves. This moneybomb is entirely run by the grassroots. We just don't have time to wait for the CFL to get their act together.

We need to have a good start. This is where the rubber meets the road. Yes, Ron ended his campaign. But if we are serious about getting Ron Paul republicans elected, to continue the movement, it is critical to get behind BJ and others running for federal, state, and local offices.

Please help spread the word. I wouldn't be so passionate about it if I didn't hear it from BJ himself. He is calling people personally to thank them for their donations, no matter the amount. He's the real deal. BJ introduced Ron Paul in North Carolina at both the UNC and Duke rallies, and Ron encouraged us to vote for BJ.

www.LawsonLibertyFund.com . BJ is aware of the site.

james1844
06-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Folks,

Don't be afraid pitch in. Work facebook, email your meet ups. Lets make this happen. We can do it if we all pull together.

Best,

James

Thomas_Paine
06-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Just Pledged

brandon
06-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm in for $1000. It is vital we get this guy in congress. We need a candidate to run for president in the future that can once again galvanize the freedom movement. Right now there is no elected official that can fill this role besides RP, and we all know he is getting too old.

BJ Lawson is the one candidate i think we can ALL get behind. He is a perfect candidate for the future leader of the revolution. Lets get him in. Then after he serves 3 terms lets run him for president.

malkusm
06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
From Facebook:

Dear Friends and Champions of Liberty,

it has come to my attention that one of my supporters has set up a an online "Money Bomb" for June 29. This is really a special day for me, as it is the 12th Wedding Anniversary for me and the love of my life, JoLynn. Our fund raising really needs to pick up, as we have a goal of raising $500,000 over the next three months. This is absolutely necessary, as we will have to run an aggressive media and ground campaign to defeat our Democratic incumbent opponent. Your donation, and your help in promoting this event, will be invaluable to me, JoLynn, and my campaign. Please go to http://lawsonlibertyfund.com to sign up and spread the word for it. Thank you for your generous support, and together, we will restore Constitutional representation of the 4th District of North Carolina.

For Liberty,

B.J.

AdamT
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Keep this bumped!! I'll be donating for sure.

Edit - just pledged but the counter didn't change. Is it slow to update? Still says 28.

MRoCkEd
06-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm in for $1000. It is vital we get this guy in congress. We need a candidate to run for president in the future that can once again galvanize the freedom movement. Right now there is no elected official that can fill this role besides RP, and we all know he is getting too old.

BJ Lawson is the one candidate i think we can ALL get behind. He is a perfect candidate for the future leader of the revolution. Lets get him in. Then after he serves 3 terms lets run him for president.
So true. BJ's election is EXTREMELY important. I will also donate what I can on the 29th. We really need to get all Ron Paul supporters to do the same. We can't wait for the CFL to do anything, but we do need to keep urging them to promote this on the site and through an email because that would really help.

MRoCkEd
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
the confirmation email still says july 4th

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
the confirmation email still says july 4th

ill email him

james1844
06-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Guys, I just wanted to encourage all of you to work your contacts on this one.

My gut tells me that we can put together a successful money bomb. BJ is the right candidate at the right time. He's got the look, he's got the right platform and he can deliver the message.

Nobody else does money bombs like the RP people. Lets do this!

Best,

James

DRV45N05
06-19-2008, 03:10 AM
I spoke to our marketing interns today. We have some really talented Art students and web designers on board with us. They are going to work on some nice artwork to use to promote the money bomb. So we're going to have some sweet materials to give to you all to distribute.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Youth Coordinator, Lawson for Congress

pacelli
06-19-2008, 05:05 AM
I spoke to our marketing interns today. We have some really talented Art students and web designers on board with us. They are going to work on some nice artwork to use to promote the money bomb. So we're going to have some sweet materials to give to you all to distribute.

Paige Michael-Shetley

Super!! Thanks Paige!

Jeremy
06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
the video for this is coming soon

watch for it later in the day (i am the creator of the "congrats" video for bj lawson)

james1844
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Can we appeal to Paul directly to ask him to support the moneybomb?

SnappleLlama
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Paige Michael-Shetley

Can't wait!! Please keep us informed!! :D

MRoCkEd
06-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Can we appeal to Paul directly to ask him to support the moneybomb?
If anyone can get in contact with him or the CFL - we need them to help sponsor this

Jeremy
06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
the video is done and is being converted

it will then be uploaded... however, all this loading usually takes forever... but it's only a matter of time before you'll see it =)

and yes, epic music is included, lol

james1844
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Storm,

Just checked, couldn't find the video...

Best,

Jame

Jeremy
06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
it's currently being uploaded to youtube... just needs to load, but it does take some time to upload the entire video (it's 3 minutes)

MRoCkEd
06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Bump

Jeremy
06-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to promote this more?

james1844
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Guys,

I don't think the moneybomb webpage is updating....

The page loads have changed since this morning and I've clicked on it at least a dozen times myself...

Thanks,

James

szczebrzeszyn
06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Guys,

The page loads have changed since this morning and I've clicked on it at least a dozen times myself...

It's probably updated once a day or so.

Jeremy
06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Guys,

Thanks,

James
It says when they were last updated. He's doing it all manually, but he said he tries to do it at least twice a day.

james1844
06-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Storm,

Can he update it? People are going to turned off by the site if they think nobody has signed up. Plus Paige and I have been promoting this thing hard all day.

Best,

James

MRoCkEd
06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
everyone needs to get on board with this

Aidyl
06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
bump

Bruno
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
everyone needs to get on board with this

Agreed!! :) Let's send him some cash so he can kick some ass as the first RP Republican candidate of many that will follow him.

Storm,

Can he update it? People are going to turned off by the site if they think nobody has signed up. Plus Paige and I have been promoting this thing hard all day.

Best,

James

I'm in. I clicked on it tonight via a link from Liberty Maven and it showed only 50 pledges so far for the moneybomb on the 29th.

Minnesota Chris
06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Bump for BJ and for liberty!

pacelli
06-21-2008, 12:51 AM
There's evidently some issue with the feedburner software that the site guy isn't able to figure out how to make it update live. So he's stuck updating it manually, which will happen twice a day. Definitely not ideal, but, I don't think it will kill our momentum. At least I hope it won't!

The good news is that we've doubled our pledges in the past week. One person mentioned that they were going to donate $1000 for BJ's campaign. That is the excellent, wonderful news. Whether people donate $10 or $1000, it sends a message and keeps our campaign alive.

Help is needed in promoting it. It seems clear that despite the fact that the CFL has the necessary information, they aren't interested in putting up a post about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will post it on the day of the money bomb. However, we can't count on them, because after all, we're the CFL. We just don't have their 60,000 person email list :)

Send the website and BJ's campaign website out to your ron paul meetup lists. Get the banners on the top of all Ron Paul related websites. Include a link to the website in comments sections of blogs, youtube videos, news stories, you name it. It is guerilla marketing, and we have always excelled at this. Call in to political radio shows and plug BJ's website and let folks know that there is a mass donation day on the 29th of this month. Advertise it any way that you can. I am doing the best I can in between seeing patients at all hours.

The key is that BJ Lawson probably has one of the best chances of getting elected if he has adequate funding. He's up against David Price and many democrats in my district are incredibly upset with Price. There are, in fact, democrats who will be voting for Lawson. There are campaign signs in very visible places. We are talking to people locally about BJ's campaign, and telling people to visit the websites.

I only wish he were running for president, and maybe someday, he will. But let's ensure that we get him set up in Congress first. Maybe down the road, there will be a Lawson for President campaign. Wouldn't that be nice? But we must start at square one.

The grassroots has had the wind knocked out of it's sails since Ron suspended his campaign. The media loved it. But if we are all committed to supporting Ron's principles, it makes perfect sense to me to continue that support in BJ's campaign. I'm in it for the long haul, and I can't wait to call him my congressman.

james1844
06-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Bump - lets give it to the dems on the chin.

MRoCkEd
06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
we need democrats to vote for lawson
targeted mailings highlighting BJ's stances on being anti-war and pro civil liberties should help

Jeremy
06-21-2008, 11:46 AM
we need democrats to vote for lawson
targeted mailings highlighting BJ's stances on being anti-war and pro civil liberties should help

This is a start, but they need to take it to the streets

http://democratsforlawson.blogspot.com/

MRoCkEd
06-21-2008, 11:53 AM
all the democrats need to read that "Why we support BJ Lawson" by democrats for lawson