PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the "McCain or Obama?" and "I'm writing in Ron Paul!" threads

Monotaur
06-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,

Please stop posting these nonsense threads. No one who is seriously onboard with the revolution would vote for either of these people. Come November, please remember that you are voting for PRINCIPLES and not who you think can win or would screw up the most, etc. And please, don't just write in "Ron Paul" (is that even an option with electronic machines?) - those votes are simply not counted, so why waste your gas and time to do that? This reminds me of a thread over at Huck's Army where someone was trying to convince those folks to vote for Paul in the remaining primaries and they all said that they'd just write in Huckabee, even though it wouldn't count because they could never vote for McCain.

Anyway, what we need to do is settle on one of the 2 candidates that we've been discussing - I tend to favor Barr even though he's had a somewhat sketchy past. A relatively high household recognition and being the 3rd largest party in the US, maybe, just maybe the LP will get just a bit more media recognition going into November over the CP (sorry). Obviously there is a low chance of success with either candidate - but if we are able to get them close to 10% then we'll influence the other 2 parties in the future. Much, much better option than voting for McCain or Obama for any reason whatsoever.

So please, stop with the silly nonsense threads.

OptionsTrader
06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
probably belongs in the vent.

yongrel
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Do whatever the hell you want, but I'm writing in Ron Paul.

Monotaur
06-17-2008, 05:24 PM
probably belongs in the vent.

Maybe so - but I thought it would be most effective here since these kinds of threads and polls originate here. Hopefully people will see it before it's moved...

Jeremy
06-17-2008, 05:24 PM

translation: "I'm not voting and I don't care about showing our power in politics"

Monotaur
06-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Why? Your vote won't be counted whatsoever - and will do nothing to show the major parties that people are dissatisfied with their political direction.

Even the man himself has asked that we not do this - remember, this is about the message and not the man. It needs to live on.

Madison
06-17-2008, 05:30 PM
This thread is shit.

satchelmcqueen
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
sorry but i want to live the rest of my life knowing i voted for paul. paul gets my vote.

SnappleLlama
06-17-2008, 05:35 PM
The irony of this thread is almost too much...

asgardshill
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm not voting for any principals. (That's an appointed position in our school district).

I'll vote my principles though.

yongrel
06-17-2008, 05:40 PM
How about you stop telling me what to do with my vote, and I won't tell you what to do with yours? Deal?

Monotaur
06-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm not voting for any principals. (That's an appointed position in our school district).

I'll vote my principles though.

Thanks, good catch. :)

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
at least we are talking about someone other then mccain /obama take that crap out of this forum , 5 star this thread better then the other bs threads which have nothing to do with our revolution...

Dave39168
06-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey guys,

Please stop posting these nonsense threads. No one who is seriously onboard with the revolution would vote for either of these people. Come November, please remember that you are voting for PRINCIPLES and not who you think can win or would screw up the most, etc. And please, don't just write in "Ron Paul" (is that even an option with electronic machines?) - those votes are simply not counted, so why waste your gas and time to do that? This reminds me of a thread over at Huck's Army where someone was trying to convince those folks to vote for Paul in the remaining primaries and they all said that they'd just write in Huckabee, even though it wouldn't count because they could never vote for McCain.

Anyway, what we need to do is settle on one of the 2 candidates that we've been discussing - I tend to favor Barr even though he's had a somewhat sketchy past. A relatively high household recognition and being the 3rd largest party in the US, maybe, just maybe the LP will get just a bit more media recognition going into November over the CP (sorry). Obviously there is a low chance of success with either candidate - but if we are able to get them close to 10% then we'll influence the other 2 parties in the future. Much, much better option than voting for McCain or Obama for any reason whatsoever.

So please, stop with the silly nonsense threads.

so.... ummmmmmmmmm..... McCain or Obama?

:D:D:D:D:D

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 10:48 PM
so.... ummmmmmmmmm..... McCain or Obama?

:D:D:D:D:D

neither of them;) those 2 names make me want to vomit:(