PDA

View Full Version : An opportunity in Iowa?

TexMac
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
This looks like a good opportunity (http://cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com/) for some RP supporters to show up and promote Ron Paul:
With less than three weeks to go prior to the infamous and exciting Iowa State v. Iowa Cy-Hawk rivalry game to be played in Ames (Home of the Cyclones), the Iowa Federation of College Republicans is planning an impressive tailgate for all Republicans to attend, regardless of age.

This will be the ONLY Republican oriented tailgate anywhere on the grounds of Iowa State University that day and so this will be the magnet for all Republicans.

The Iowa House and Senate Democrats are having a tent and we don't want them to show us up, do we? I certainly hope not.

Lots of College Republicans from literally every campus and from all corners of the state, lots of elected officials, lots of well known Republican faces, and perhaps some of our Presidential candidates or at the very least plenty of representatives from their campaigns.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_u97BTowDbMQ/RtG_p2S1hhI/AAAAAAAAAgk/u-Wet0I3yd4/s320/IFCR+Tent+Location+Map+ISU+v.+UI.bmp (http://bp3.blogger.com/_u97BTowDbMQ/RtG_p2S1hhI/AAAAAAAAAgk/u-Wet0I3yd4/s1600-h/IFCR+Tent+Location+Map+ISU+v.+UI.bmp)This tent will be located directly SOUTH of Jack Trice Stadium and it will be the absolute closest tent to the stadium.

The Machine Shed Restaurant will be catering the food and there will be a small stage with a public address system for speakers and candidates throughout the day as well as a projector to broadcast the game for those who aren't planning to head into the stadium to watch the game in person.

This is a great opportunity to stop by and not only show your Hawkeye or Cyclone pride but also your Grand Ol' Party pride too.

This is undoubtedly the biggest sporting event in the state of Iowa and so what better way to spend a Saturday than with Republicans from all over the state.

If you are interested in helping to financially support this event or would like more information about getting your candidate some time to speak, please contact me:

donmcd@iastate.edu

itsnobody
08-26-2007, 03:37 PM
We only need around 50,000 votes in the Iowa caucus for Ron Paul to win...do you think we can get that?

TexMac
08-26-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't know. We have to try, though. That means boots on the ground in Iowa, talking to everyone possible and spreading RP's message wherever and whenever we can.

born2drv
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM
If someone is willing to stand out there and hand out literature to everyone that walks by I'd be willing to modify that FF flier for the NH primary date and pay a portion of the printing costs.

TexMac
08-26-2007, 04:30 PM
If someone is willing to stand out there and hand out literature to everyone that walks by I'd be willing to modify that FF flier for the NH primary date and pay a portion of the printing costs.Sounds great! Bumping for RP supporters in Iowa!

born2drv
08-26-2007, 04:44 PM
would you be able to pass out literature to more or less everyone attending the event? like do they all funnel through that opening? or would you only see a fraction of the people?

Sematary
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
This looks like a good opportunity (http://cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com/) for some RP supporters to show up and promote Ron Paul:
With less than three weeks to go prior to the infamous and exciting Iowa State v. Iowa Cy-Hawk rivalry game to be played in Ames (Home of the Cyclones), the Iowa Federation of College Republicans is planning an impressive tailgate for all Republicans to attend, regardless of age.

This will be the ONLY Republican oriented tailgate anywhere on the grounds of Iowa State University that day and so this will be the magnet for all Republicans.

The Iowa House and Senate Democrats are having a tent and we don't want them to show us up, do we? I certainly hope not.

Lots of College Republicans from literally every campus and from all corners of the state, lots of elected officials, lots of well known Republican faces, and perhaps some of our Presidential candidates or at the very least plenty of representatives from their campaigns.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_u97BTowDbMQ/RtG_p2S1hhI/AAAAAAAAAgk/u-Wet0I3yd4/s320/IFCR+Tent+Location+Map+ISU+v.+UI.bmp (http://bp3.blogger.com/_u97BTowDbMQ/RtG_p2S1hhI/AAAAAAAAAgk/u-Wet0I3yd4/s1600-h/IFCR+Tent+Location+Map+ISU+v.+UI.bmp)This tent will be located directly SOUTH of Jack Trice Stadium and it will be the absolute closest tent to the stadium.

The Machine Shed Restaurant will be catering the food and there will be a small stage with a public address system for speakers and candidates throughout the day as well as a projector to broadcast the game for those who aren't planning to head into the stadium to watch the game in person.

This is a great opportunity to stop by and not only show your Hawkeye or Cyclone pride but also your Grand Ol' Party pride too.

This is undoubtedly the biggest sporting event in the state of Iowa and so what better way to spend a Saturday than with Republicans from all over the state.

If you are interested in helping to financially support this event or would like more information about getting your candidate some time to speak, please contact me:

donmcd@iastate.edu

If you are going, please have your group sign the pledge. The more people who sign this, the more people WILL sign it.

TexMac
08-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Bumping again for Iowans....

M.Bellmore
08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Needs to be a sticky!

TexMac
08-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Bumping for Iowans!!

The College Republicans are looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, September 15.

belian78
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
someone contact brian or dave, they're in IA arent they?

JoshLowry
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a good opportunity, nice find Mac...

Badger Paul
08-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Actually 35,000 votes may be enough to win in a multi-candidate.

The Iowa-Iowa State game is a perfect opportunity to promote Ron Paul in Iowa.

IowaSupport
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Solid idea - I'm 86% there.

I'll get the Iowa City meetup on this.

risiusj
08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I just emailed the Ames meetup organizer.