PDA

View Full Version : Perot: “Economic crisis far greater than anything since the Great Depression”

matthylland
06-17-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't really remember what Perot ran on, when he ran for president. But I do know that he had a pretty big following....is there a chance we can get perots 20% join our side?

Ross Perot is now out with http://perotcharts.com/

I found it from this website:
http://us-recession-2007.blogspot.com/2008/06/perot-economic-crisis-far-greater-than.html

Just some quotes from the site:

Why this web site now? Because we are running out of time.

The American people must wake up and face the reality that promises made in the past will soon bankrupt this nation. These problems are explained in an easy-to-understand chart presentation discussed further at the bottom of this page. Comments to the charts and other material described to the right are encouraged.

Just another person coming out, hopefully we can work together, and wake some people up!

dannno
06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Interesting.

I see NOTHING on his page about the Iraq war.. It's all economics (even though we know the war is related..)

Anybody know anything about his stance?

fr33domfightr
06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I liked Ross Perot when I heard him interviewed on Larry King Live, back in the day. He garnered a lot of support due to his straight talking, business savvy style, relying heavily on his charts/statistics to justify his positions.

He even used those charts in a 1 hour infomercial he produced, promoting his candidacy. It really caught people's attention. That's what I was hoping Ron Paul would have done, but he didn't.

The problem was, when it came down to it, HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT. That came across in his interviews, and I think that's what sunk his candidacy.

I'm all for his facts though, he's right about the financials.

FF

matthylland
06-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Interesting.

I see NOTHING on his page about the Iraq war.. It's all economics (even though we know the war is related..)

Anybody know anything about his stance?

found this on wikipedia. He disproved of the Gulf War...I would take a guess that he opposed the current Iraq war then...

Perot did not support President George H. W. Bush and vigorously opposed the United States involvement in the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War. He urged Senators to vote against the war resolution and began considering a Presidential run.

this is his stance on some issues, once again, according to wikipedia.

With such declared policies as balancing the federal budget, firm pro-choice stance, expansion of the war on drugs, ending outsourcing of jobs, opposition to gun control, belief in protectionism on trade, his support of the Environmental Protection Agency and enacting electronic direct democracy via "electronic town halls," he became a potential candidate and soon polled roughly even with the two major party candidates.

He is also very opposed to NAFTA.

So we obviously disagree with things...I' m still happy he is coming back out to try to wake people up
=

Jeremy
06-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Maybe the reform party will endorse Barr since they planned on endorsing Paul.

Fields
06-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Is Perot the infamous billionaire from past?

Deborah K
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks so much for this! I voted for Perot twice. I left the Republican Party because he made me realize the party was heading in the wrong direction. I have been a registered non-partisan since, with exception to registering republican once again to vote for Paul. Perot fought hard against NAFTA he is the one who coined the phrase " the strange sucking noise you hear is coming from mexico!" or something to that effect.

Here are some other quotes from him:

"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy, and a weak economy leads to a weak nation."

"If you can't stand a little sacrifice and you can't stand a trip across the desert with limited water, we're never going to straighten this country out. "

I love this one:

"If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes. "

and this one:

"The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river."

"The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled."

dsentell
06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I loved Perot (and voted for him).

Now, I am disappointed that he didn't come out earlier to help us wake up the masses . . . . .

SnappleLlama
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks so much for this! I voted for Perot twice. I left the Republican Party because he made me realize the party was heading in the wrong direction. I have been a registered non-partisan since, with exception to registering republican once again to vote for Paul. Perot fought hard against NAFTA he is the one who coined the phrase " the strange sucking noise you hear is coming from mexico!" or something to that effect.

Here are some other quotes from him:

"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy, and a weak economy leads to a weak nation."

"If you can't stand a little sacrifice and you can't stand a trip across the desert with limited water, we're never going to straighten this country out. "

I love this one:

and this one:

"The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river."

"The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled."

LOL...I was about 12 years old when I watched Perot run his first campaign. I was so taken in by him that I sent off money to be part of his United We Stand America organization. I'm pretty sure I still have the membership card somewhere... ;)

newyearsrevolution08
06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I think a few of these guys and gals should ALL come together with their supporters and all support ONE candidate in 2012 that we all can back that would secure a win for us.

I love the quotes as well...

The problem with bringing supporters from another is the fact that the supporters built up an almost hatred towards ALL other candidates and their supporters due to falling into the "us vs. them" bullshit.

If we found a candidate that ALL of the supporters and their candidates for that matter then endorse, we really could be onto something.

rich34
06-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I have no feelings toward Perot one way or the other, but don't forget he did go on Larry King live about a week before the 2000 elections urging people to vote for the current criminals running our country. Just something to ponder...

dannno
06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL...I was about 12 years old when I watched Perot run his first campaign. I was so taken in by him that I sent off money to be part of his United We Stand America organization. I'm pretty sure I still have the membership card somewhere... ;)

hah.. I was 14, I convinced my mom to vote for him.

revolutionary8
06-17-2008, 11:47 PM
hah.. I was 14, I convinced my mom to vote for him.

A good portion of my family voted for Perot and his charts. A LOT of them lost faith when he folded. I am STILL not sure if it was/is because of threats, or because he is a MAJOR SHAREHOLDER. (why he folded) I tend to think he is a fake, but that is pretty much a given. Much of my family will argue (in a non-invested way)
I couldn't vote at that time, I was only mimicking rhetoric that I felt was well guided and informed. After he folded, all hell broke loose that is all I remember. lmao.

sidster
06-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Sounds like he would be for the Patriot Act... "little sacrifice" of liberty
for, say, security?

Now this one is just plain scary. Replace "snake" with "terrorist". Now
tell me who is to define said term? George W Bush? Rice? Rumsfeld? Wolfowitz..?

I don't know much about Perot. I know my parents liked him. I remember
seeing him in the debates on TV. But then I've heard things like he was
there to help Clinton get elected.... (speculation?)

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Sounds like he would be for the Patriot Act... "little sacrifice" of liberty
for, say, security?

Now this one is just plain scary. Replace "snake" with "terrorist". Now
tell me who is to define said term? George W Bush? Rice? Rumsfeld? Wolfowitz..?

I don't know much about Perot. I know my parents liked him. I remember
seeing him in the debates on TV. But then I've heard things like he was
there to help Clinton get elected.... (speculation?)

Waldowits IS the committe of snakes?

sidster
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Waldowits IS the committe of snakes?

/me scratches head

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
He means that you can't balance a budget, for example, without some sacrifice by the people. As for snakes, a good example of what he is talking about would be Kucinich's impeachment proposal that has been sent to commitee. He means that politicians need to stop beating around the bush and get something done.
I remember Perot well, and at the time I thought he would be a good president because of his ability to manage spending in his own company. He is not a neo con of any sort.

Pauls' Revere
06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
What an economic powerhouse Paul and Perot would make.

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Perot is not a strict libertarian. For example, he would (probably) never agree to ending the drug war. But if presented in economic terms, he might relent, as that is pretty much how he views the world. Perot is a good man, and I respect him, but he is no RP.

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
What an economic powerhouse Paul and Perot would make.
Yes and NO.
:D

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:36 AM
He means that you can't balance a budget, for example, without some sacrifice by the people. As for snakes, a good example of what he is talking about would be Kucinich's impeachment proposal that has been sent to commitee. He means that politicians need to stop beating around the bush and get something done.
I remember Perot well, and at the time I thought he would be a good president because of his ability to manage spending in his own company. sort.
Dear gawd,
ROARKE,
will you build my house?

He is not a neo con of any sort.
can we speak about your "plans"?

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Dear gawd,
ROARKE,
will you build my house?

can we speak about your "plans"?

Sure, what do you want to know?

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Sure, what do you want to know?
hmm,
lets see,
where am I from and where do I live?
BETTER YET,
where do I WANT to live and where do I BELONG?
Ever heard of Cullen Davis?

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Why would I have a thought or a care about that?

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Why would I have a thought or a care about that?
hmm.. I thought this thread was about Ross Perot. Maybe I was wrong?
OH GEEZE.

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes, I am familiar with Cullen Davis. I am sure that Ron Paul is too. So what does that have to do with where you want to live?

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes, I am familiar with Cullen Davis. I am sure that Ron Paul is too. So what does that have to do with where you want to live? it is equal to=
AS FAR AWAY FROM TEXAS AS POSSIBLE?
just a thought.
for survival and all.
YOU KEEP TELLING YOURSELF that Texas is the best. We are the best from all sides. We won't quit. We were born with pride.
come back?

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:54 AM
hmm,
lets see,
where am I from and where do I live?
BETTER YET,
where do I WANT to live and where do I BELONG?
Ever heard of Cullen Davis?

Ross Perot?
I see you added the T. Cullen Davis question. I am familiar with Davis, especially since I have been in the oilfield for over thirty years. I am sure that Perot and Ron Paul are both familiar with him also.
What does that have to do with anything. Go ahead, spit out your point/

nayjevin
06-18-2008, 12:57 AM
He may have read the manifesto since then.

How many of us have changed as much as Perot would need to to line up with our movement?

Perot is a good and honest man -- according to the liberty-minded people I know who have met and worked with him in a political capacity.

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Ross Perot?
I see you added the T. Cullen Davis question. I am familiar with Davis, especially since I have been in the oilfield for over thirty years. I am sure that Perot and Ron Paul are both familiar with him also.
What does that have to do with anything. Go ahead, spit out your point/
"OILIFIED"?

IPSecure
06-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Anyone else remember when Perot ran for office, the debate where he brought out hand drawn charts?

Could not believe it with EDS behind him...

driller80545
06-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Little bush was laughed out of the oilfield before he even got started good. But, blame Texas for what?

electronicmaji
06-18-2008, 01:15 AM
I recently posted a thread disucssing the same thing, I want to post the graph I made up here too and examine it...

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6808/charttu1.png

I want to examine the trends here and make extra notes on them...

First of all notice the big first deficit trend on that chart. It happened when Reagan was elected and at the same time when Republicans took control of the Senate; now this here is a interesting trend; because people like to argue the reason Clinton balanced the budget and had a good surplus was because of Republican control of the House and Senate. This seems like a counter to this point.

I want to take another look at the second trend Bush Sr. drop, it happened when Democrats retook control. And I thought it was another interesting trend to note.

Now I Want to look at Clinton. Halfway through his presidency Republicans took control. But the budget was already working toward being balanced at that point. Frankly I take the whole "Republican House and Senate" excuse with a pinch of salt; but its a interesting trend to recognize how fiscally responsible he was, despite all his other shortcomings.

Now lets take a final look at Bush. He singlehandedly destroyed that balanced Budget Clinton created and ruled with a Republican Senate; which was replaced around 2006. Around that point the budget began to recover some of the deficit. Coincidence? Maybe I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Ultimately I'm convinced; on the single subject of the deficit and fiscal responsibility the Democrats do seem to trump the Republicans. But its a interesting chart and I leave it and that information for you to mull over.

driller80545
06-18-2008, 01:20 AM
The chart is self explanatory and revealing. I wonder what the graph would do with a Ron Paul administration? Sure like to see/

electronicmaji
06-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Another interesting tidbit.

look at http://perotcharts.com/challenges/ and look at chart 10 specifically.

Look how much difference %4 of taxes does to the deficit. More importantly; is such a large deficit really worth the extra freedom given by removing %4 of taxes?

driller80545
06-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Right, and if, instead, someone were to cut back on 4% of spending, then you do the same thing without the interest on the deficit.

electronicmaji
06-18-2008, 02:58 AM
But neither party will cut back the 4% spending. So you get to choose between those two options.

Aratus
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
bump! ---the above chart--- in the posting by electronicmaji --- whether its inflation adjusted or not, its a shocker!!!

LittleLightShining
06-18-2008, 10:08 AM
"The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river." Love this!

"The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled."Actually, I think this one is from Cicero.

Truth Warrior
06-18-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't really remember what Perot ran on, when he ran for president. But I do know that he had a pretty big following....is there a chance we can get perots 20% join our side?

Ross Perot is now out with http://perotcharts.com/

I found it from this website:
http://us-recession-2007.blogspot.com/2008/06/perot-economic-crisis-far-greater-than.html

Just some quotes from the site:

Just another person coming out, hopefully we can work together, and wake some people up!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot :rolleyes:

voytechs
06-18-2008, 10:43 AM
In the '90s the fed was fueling a bubble with lots of fiat cash. That resulted in greater tax increases (the gov. spending didn't decline). And everyone remembers when the bubble burst. Clinton's "fiscal" responsibility was at tax payer cost in inflation.

Don't forget that it was during Clinton's term is when they changed the formula on how they calculate GDP and CPI numbers. If you look at alternate inflation and GDP numbers (pre-clinton change) the picture looks a lot different. They were reporting much lower inflation that was actually going down, when in reality it was going up.

Bush H. W. did run up the inflation, but clinton did too, to about the same level old Bush Sr. Then enter Jr. and you can see the rest. We're at 12% and climbing fast. None of the statistics the MSM reports is on a playing field. There is also a 6-12mo lag between when M3 (money supply is inflated) and when consumer prices start to rise.

http://www.shadowstats.com/imgs/sgs-cpi.gif

Notice, that little hill (blue line) between 1999-2002 is what fueled our current subprime and mortgage crisis, as they were trying to prevent a recession in 2000. Just imagine what everything else since has become.

BigRedBrent
06-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I think a few of these guys and gals should ALL come together with their supporters and all support ONE candidate in 2012 that we all can back that would secure a win for us.

I love the quotes as well...

The problem with bringing supporters from another is the fact that the supporters built up an almost hatred towards ALL other candidates and their supporters due to falling into the "us vs. them" bullshit.

If we found a candidate that ALL of the supporters and their candidates for that matter then endorse, we really could be onto something.

As long as Ron Paul endorses him I think we should ALL band together and support a third(technically second since the other two are no different from each other) option.

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Thank you voytechs. :)

revolutionary8
06-18-2008, 11:28 PM
As long as Ron Paul endorses him I think we should ALL band together and support a third(technically second since the other two are no different from each other) option.

I don't think Ron Paul will be endorsing Ross Perot anytime soon, but that is just a bet, and I do not gamble. :p
Google EDS

revolutionary8
06-19-2008, 01:50 AM
...Some speculate the television series Dallas had its inspiration in a true Texas saga of oil, money and scandal. Dallas first premiered as a five-part mini-series on the heels of the shocking, headline-making events surrounding T. Cullen Davis, one of the three sons of the founder of a Fort Worth oil empire. Mark Gribben goes as far to say that Cullen Davis was "the model for the villainous J.R. Ewing."1 In a bizarre twist, Davis’s story was told in a television mini-series, which was a reminder — intentional or not — of Dallas. Cullen Davis, unlike his mini-series counterpart and the supposed Davis-inspired J. R. Ewing, was never one to strut in a cowboy hat and western-style boots or otherwise resemble Hollywood’s beloved Texas stereotype. Davis, who holds a degree in engineering, shares kinship to three American inventors: Eli Whitney, Samuel Morse and Charles Goodyear.2 "Maybe that’s where I get my inventive imagination," said Davis when I told him of his famous cousins.3

The story of the Davis family starts not in the Lone Star State but in the western Pennsylvania county of Cambria. Robert L. Johnston wrote that the county’s earliest settlers could be divided into three distinct groups: (1) the families of American Catholics from Maryland and the adjacent portion of Pennsylvania, who settled in the eastern and north-eastern Cambria County, (2) Pennsylvania Germans, from Somerset and the eastern German settlements, who occupied the south of the county, in the neighborhood of Johnstown, and (3) emigrants from Wales.

revolutionary8
06-19-2008, 02:21 AM
...Some speculate the television series Dallas had its inspiration in a true Texas saga of oil, money and scandal. Dallas first premiered as a five-part mini-series on the heels of the shocking, headline-making events surrounding T. Cullen Davis, one of the three sons of the founder of a Fort Worth oil empire. Mark Gribben goes as far to say that Cullen Davis was "the model for the villainous J.R. Ewing."1 In a bizarre twist, Davis’s story was told in a television mini-series, which was a reminder — intentional or not — of Dallas. Cullen Davis, unlike his mini-series counterpart and the supposed Davis-inspired J. R. Ewing, was never one to strut in a cowboy hat and western-style boots or otherwise resemble Hollywood’s beloved Texas stereotype. Davis, who holds a degree in engineering, shares kinship to three American inventors: Eli Whitney, Samuel Morse and Charles Goodyear.2 "Maybe that’s where I get my inventive imagination," said Davis when I told him of his famous cousins.3

The story of the Davis family starts not in the Lone Star State but in the western Pennsylvania county of Cambria. Robert L. Johnston wrote that the county’s earliest settlers could be divided into three distinct groups: (1) the families of American Catholics from Maryland and the adjacent portion of Pennsylvania, who settled in the eastern and north-eastern Cambria County, (2) Pennsylvania Germans, from Somerset and the eastern German settlements, who occupied the south of the county, in the neighborhood of Johnstown, and (3) emigrants from Wales.

Cullen Davis is no "Texan"" and he (and his cohorts) most likely SHOT JR, not the other way around.

revolutionary8
06-19-2008, 02:22 AM

double post, pardon.