PDA

View Full Version : Barr/Paul alliance? I Googled it...

wgadget
06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
...and here is ONE of the many articles that came up.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/06/14/paul_barr_may_be_forging_an_alliance_for_fall_elec tion/

rich34
06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I heard Paul say yesterday on CNN say that Baldwin is very much in line with his way of thinking. I'm voting for Baldwin, Barr imo is closer to the neocons way of thinking.

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
sounds better then mccain:)

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I hope Ron Paul supports both Barr and Baldwin. I'm torn between the two right now. Barr is problematic, but may have a shot at 5% (and the funds and ballot access that come with it) for the Libertarian Party with enough votes. Baldwin does seem closer to Ron Paul and more principled, but I doubt he'll even break 1%. He just doesn't seem capable of generating any kind of critical mass and growing from there.

wgadget
06-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Okay, but it seems that the articles are talking about a Barr/Paul ticket. What are the odds of that?

crazyfingers
06-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Okay, but it seems that the articles are talking about a Barr/Paul ticket. What are the odds of that?

Zero. The LP already has its VP in neocon Wayne Allyn Root. Besides, if Paul were to throw everything away to run third party, he'd run on the top of the ticket.

wgadget
06-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Zero. The LP already has its VP in neocon Wayne Allyn Root. Besides, if Paul were to throw everything away to run third party, he'd run on the top of the ticket.

There's talk of ditching Root. And, sure, I could DEFINITELY vote for a Paul/Barr ticket, or vice versa.

Kotin
06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
There's talk of ditching Root.

do elaborate..

newyearsrevolution08
06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I could not even handle something with Ron Paul on the vp spot on any of these ideas above to be honest.

Who the hell would want barr as the president with ron paul as vice? I wouldn't and the same goes for baldwin or any others.

If ron paul runs as vp I would be pissed because if he is going to run for another office it needs to be president because he has his congressional.

I hope ron paul either goes all the way with the presidential or sticks with the liberty campaign and focuses on educating the next generation of solid constitutionally backed candidates instead of being veep to barr or baldwin.

If Ron Paul did not slow and then stop his campaign we would never have thought twice about barr or baldwin.....

Either way though, vote for anyone but mccain or obama and we will do just fine.

salsero96
06-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Ugg.. Wayne Allyn Root!??

I have been torn between Barr and Baldwin the past few days, but I have been leaning towards Barr.

But if Root is going to be his VEEP... That may just push me closer to voting for Baldwin.

crazyfingers
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM

I have been torn between Barr and Baldwin the past few days, but I have been leaning towards Barr.

But if Root is going to be his VEEP... That may just push me closer to voting for Baldwin.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021315.html

Look at it from outside the insulated world of Ron Paul Inc. You see Ron Paul has one big flaw. He's just too nice for his own good. Some would even call him naive. He sees the world with rose-colored glasses. That prevents him from seeing the evil and disaster aimed squarely at our country.

In the political world, a candidate is only as strong as his weakest link. Ron Paul's weak link is national security and the war on terrorists.

Doctor Paul sounds almost apologetic to our enemies. He sounds much like the blame America first crowd. It may not be his position that America is to blame for 9/11. Maybe his comments about 9/11 were misunderstood by the media and Rudy Guliani.

Ron Paul looks, and is, weak on this issue. I know he means well. But he's naive about our enemy's intentions. And worse yet, weak in how he'd respond to them.

Ron Paul is my hero on most every fiscal and freedom issue that matters. But he looks naive and weak on the one issue that matters to most Americans- national security and the war on terror. Americans have no interest in apologizing to suicide bombers and mass murderers. Americans crave a leader that is fiscally conservative, socially tolerant and a strong proponent of the war on terror.

Take his comments as you will. Personally I think Root is a despicable human being. I have lost all respect for the Libertarian Party and I doubt they will ever get my support and/or vote in the future.

WRellim
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM

Absolutely ZERO.

These kinds of articles are written by people who are almost totally clueless about the process and just like engaging in "sideshow" speculations... like card tricks or shell games.

RideTheDirt
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
In the political world, a candidate is only as strong as his weakest link. Ron Paul's weak link is national security and the war on terrorists.

Unfortunately for him, that's the issue at the top of almost every American voter's list. In the end, almost every parent in this country will put aside every other issue. They want a President who will keep their children safe at night. A President willing to fight and win the war on terror at all costs. They want a President who's strong enough to stand up to the most evil enemies of freedom since Adolph Hitler.
Stupid neocon bitch:mad:
I am definitely not thinking about the Libertarians anymore.Baldwin will probably receive my vote.

libertarian4321
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021315.html

Take his comments as you will. Personally I think Root is a despicable human being. I have lost all respect for the Libertarian Party and I doubt they will ever get my support and/or vote in the future.

I knew nothing about Root- after years of being an active Libertarian, I have been essentially ignoring them for the last 15 months- but after reading this, he looks somewhat insane.

From the web site:

"They hate us because we're not Islamic.
They hate us because we're a Democracy.
They hate us because we allow dissent.
They hate us because we treat our women like human beings and equals.
They hate us because we let young girls go to school.
They hate us because we believe in progress.
They hate us because we celebrate music, art, dance, literature, and sexuality.
They hate us because we believe in equality of races.
They hate us desperately because we actually allow Jews to survive and thrive in our society.
They hate us because we don't murder gays in the street for the 'crime' of being gay."

This is idiotic "Bush speak"- if thats why "they hate", why aren't they attacking Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Japan, Germany and many other "rich, free" countries that all fit the above description?

The difference between those countries and the USA is that those countries, for the most part, MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, whereas the USA is always inserting itself in every conflict.

How did the Libertarians go so far astray- did the neocons took over when the rest of us were spending all of our time helping Ron Paul?

It looks like the Libertarian Party is dead, with an (allegedly) reformed neocon (Barr) and a Christian Crusader nut (Root) running.

Libertarian Party 1972-2008.

RIP.

tonyr1988
06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I heard Paul say yesterday on CNN say that Baldwin is very much in line with his way of thinking. I'm voting for Baldwin, Barr imo is closer to the neocons way of thinking.

In that same interview (same sentence, almost), Paul also said he agreed with Barr. He said he doesn't mind that his supporters are going towards Barr and Baldwin, and he hopes they both do well.

WRellim
06-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I knew nothing about Root- after years of being an active Libertarian, I have been essentially ignoring them for the last 15 months- but after reading this, he looks somewhat insane.

From the web site:

"They hate us because we're not Islamic.
They hate us because we're a Democracy.
They hate us because we allow dissent.
They hate us because we treat our women like human beings and equals.
They hate us because we let young girls go to school.
They hate us because we believe in progress.
They hate us because we celebrate music, art, dance, literature, and sexuality.
They hate us because we believe in equality of races.
They hate us desperately because we actually allow Jews to survive and thrive in our society.
They hate us because we don't murder gays in the street for the 'crime' of being gay."

This is idiotic "Bush speak"- if thats why "they hate", why aren't they attacking Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Japan, Germany and many other "rich, free" countries that all fit the above description?

The difference between those countries and the USA is that those countries, for the most part, MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, whereas the USA is always inserting itself in every conflict.

How did the Libertarians go so far astray- did the neocons took over when the rest of us were spending all of our time helping Ron Paul?

It looks like the Libertarian Party is dead, with an (allegedly) reformed neocon (Barr) and a Christian Crusader nut (Root) running.

Libertarian Party 1972-2008.

RIP.

Simple, they got bought out and out maneuvered: http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/eg/nolan-vig.html

I've heard rumor that the "Barr" faction included about 150 "new" people at the Denver LNC... which would be just enough to put him over the top of Ruwart -- essentially, it looks like they did a "Steve Parent" style coup on the LP.

Alawn
06-17-2008, 06:24 PM

He said he likes both Barr and Baldwin so he won't endorse one over the other. He also said he hopes both of them get a lot of votes.

I think both of them would make a great president so as a tie breaker I would have to go with the party I like more which would be the LP. The LP is a better party and is much bigger and well known. Barr will get a lot more votes and be more likely to get enough to get automatic ballot access for next time.

And seriously who cares who they have as a VP. There is no way they will win this time around anyway. The best they can do is get enough to make next time more likely. I am sure almost nobody could name the past VP nominees of 3rd parties.

BuddyRey
06-17-2008, 07:22 PM

There is something vaguely sleazy and "used car salesman-esque" about Wayne Allyn Root, isn't there?

He sort of reminds me of Biff from the Back to the Future movies, and that's rarely, if ever, a good sign.

-lotus-
06-17-2008, 07:36 PM
If ron paul runs as vp I would be pissed because if he is going to run for another office it needs to be president because he has his congressional.

you mean his congressional district?? we did what we could but even that didnt happen. =( (no offense texas peeps)

rich34
06-17-2008, 08:20 PM
He said he likes both Barr and Baldwin so he won't endorse one over the other. He also said he hopes both of them get a lot of votes.

I think both of them would make a great president so as a tie breaker I would have to go with the party I like more which would be the LP. The LP is a better party and is much bigger and well known. Barr will get a lot more votes and be more likely to get enough to get automatic ballot access for next time.

And seriously who cares who they have as a VP. There is no way they will win this time around anyway. The best they can do is get enough to make next time more likely. I am sure almost nobody could name the past VP nominees of 3rd parties.

Barr imo is neocon lite. Sorry he will not recieve my vote especially since his VP made such hawkish statements about Ron Paul.

Also Ron was asked about Bob Barr, but he then brought up Chuck Baldwin without being asked. Yes Barr is a friend of Paul's, but imo reading between the lines I think if he had to choose it would be Baldwin.

tonesforjonesbones
06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
You probably wouldn't have voted for Bob Barr anyway. The Revolution is split. TONES

wgadget
06-17-2008, 08:49 PM
How do we vote for Baldwin if he's not even on our ballot?