PDA

View Full Version : Ya know how Ron goes around saying that a third party CAN'T WIN.....?

wgadget
06-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Well, now that he's run in one of the "major" parties, do you think he will start saying if you're not in with the MIC/media/CFR crowd, you CAN'T WIN?

I mean, the guy's been there and would know more than just about anyone else. Can you think of any other person who has campaigned as both a third party candidate and then as a major party candidate?

Just food for thought.

acptulsa
06-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Well, now that he's run in one of the "major" parties, do you think he will start saying if you're not in with the MIC/media/CFR crowd, you CAN'T WIN?

I mean, the guy's been there and would know more than just about anyone else. Can you think of any other person who has campaigned as both a third party candidate and then as a major party candidate?

Just food for thought.

I believe he'd tell you that people are waking up at last and that changes everything. New game coming up!

OhioMichael
06-17-2008, 07:21 AM
I agree with Dr. Paul that a third party cannot win, but they can change the direction of the two main parties.

If enough people vote for a third party candidate, the two major parties will absorb parts of the third party's platform. Remember that politicians first and foremost care about keeping their jobs. This is why a third party would not be able to win a presidential election. Third parties don't come out of nowhere and the major parties would be too quick to adapt.

If McCain goes down in flames in the next election and Barr/Baldwin get 5-10%, republican representatives are going to have to take notice... especially with the party's declining numbers. This is where our influence will be felt.

mrchubbs
06-17-2008, 08:05 AM
A third party can win if enough people vote for that third party candidate.

...which conventional wisdom tells us won't ever happen.

But then again conventional wisdom told us that people wouldn't fly planes into the twin towers.

Conventional wisdom told us that we'd be watching a battle between Hillary and Rudy Giuliani for President this year.

Conventional Wisdom is controlled or at least twisted by the media.

therefore,

Conventional wisdom = media. And we obviously can't trust the media.

therefore,

we can't trust conventional wisdom.

Enjoy.

Brent H
06-17-2008, 08:34 AM
John Williams of "Shadow Stats" has provided an interview titled "Hyperinflationary Depression 2010". In his interview he stated that he expected the country to be ready for a 3rd Party within 1-2 years.

http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2008/Williams.html

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-17-2008, 08:56 AM
The people who pull the strings at the top of both major parties also pull the strings of the MSM. A third party will never have a chance. You can advocate for them all day long, but in the end, the only way we will ultimately be successful is from within the Republican party. That being said, I'm still going to vote third party.

SLSteven
06-17-2008, 11:52 AM
The people who pull the strings at the top of both major parties also pull the strings of the MSM. A third party will never have a chance. You can advocate for them all day long, but in the end, the only way we will ultimately be successful is from within the Republican party. That being said, I'm still going to vote third party.

String pullers may not allow liberty minded people to advance within the Republican party either. We must keep educating in order to get much greater numbers.

dannno
06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A THIRD PARTY OR FIRST PARTY CANDIDATE.

If the media treats you like a third party candidate, you can be disenfranchised from any race. The third party label is just a way to limit the scope of the debate.