PDA

View Full Version : Sony VAIO Computer For Sale

Raditude
06-17-2008, 05:20 AM
I hope you don't mind, but I need to sell my computer, so I'm posting this anywhere that I can:

Sony VAIO Computer For Sale
As some of you may know, I am now living in my van, and well, it's really hard to use a desktop computer inside my van, so I'm going to sell my Desktop computer, and use the money to get a laptop.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/Everything.png

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/PC1.png

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/PC2.png

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/Label.png

Sony VAIO PCV-RS620G Desktop PC

Technical Details

Processor: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4
Number of Processors: 1
RAM: 512 MB
RAM Type: DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive: 160 GB
Operating System: Windows XP Home EditionProduct Details
Item model number: PCV-RS620GProduct Description
Amazon.com Product Description
The Sony Vaio PCV-RS620G proves that PCs aren't just for spreadsheets any more. A multimedia powerhouse, the RS620G comes complete with a DVD+/-RW drive and a variety of Sony digital media software that makes it easy to burn your home movies and digital audio collections to disc. It also comes preloaded with Sony's GigaPocket software, which enables you to watch and record TV programs right on your PC. Other features include a huge 160 GB hard drive, 512 MB of installed RAM, and a hyper-threaded 3E GHz hyper-threaded Pentium 4 processor.
The Basics
Hard Drive: Though it's not the largest on the market, the 160 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (7200 RPM) is still quite huge, and it offers a wealth of storage for your media library as well as necessary space for editing digital video.
Processor: The 3E GHz Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology (which allows a single CPU system to behave in some aspects like a dual-CPU system) is one of the fastest processors currently available on the market. It's based on Intel's next generation 90 nm process technology, which delivers faster transistors and increases performance. It also has a 1 MB L2 cache and a fast 800 MHz front-side bus speed.A Hyper-Threading processor helps a PC to run multiple demanding applications at the same time. This technology enables the processor to execute two threads (a part of a program) in parallel, boosting performance during key high-drain procedures. This results in more efficient software performance (such as faster reaction times in gaming applications) and enhanced multitasking.
Memory: The 512 MB of built-in memory (PC-3200 400MHz DDR SDRAM) is a good start for power users. It has two memory slots in total, with a maximum memory expansion up to 2 GB (2 x 1 GB).
CD/DVD Drive: It comes with two optical drives: a DVD+/-RW and CD-RW combo drive and a 16x DVD-ROM for playing music and movie discs. The combo drive offers 8x write, 4x rewrite, and 8x read speeds for both +R/RW and -R/RW discs and a 40x write/read and 24x rewrite speed for CD-R/RW discs.
Keyboard & Mouse: It comes with a Sony Vaio keyboard and mouse (with PS/2 connector).Sound and Graphics
With the 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, the RS620G delivers a dazzling visual experience optimized to support the most compelling next-generation 3D gaming environments of today and tomorrow. It outputs a maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz. It also has an AC'97 sound card that's integrated into the main board, and comes with two external stereo speakers.
Connectivity and Expansion Slots
You get excellent range of connectivity options befitting the multimedia tasks associated with the PCV-RS620G, such as three PCI expansion slots (two available), one 8x AGP (accelerated graphics port, available) slot, two 5.25" half-height bays (both occupied), one external 3.5" bay (occupied), two internal 3.5" bays (one occupied), and the following external ports:
7 USB 2.0 ports (3 in front, 4 in rear) for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
2 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link; 1 4-pin in front and 1 6-pin in back) ports for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
1 parallel port for connecting older printers and scanners
2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
1 VGA monitor port
2 composite video/audio inputs (front and rear)
Coaxial input (VHF/UHF)
1 headphone jack and 1 microphone jack
1 S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) digital optical connector
1 line input/outputIt also has a 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy disk drive, integrated 56K modem (V.90) and an RJ-45 LAN network port (for a 10/100 Ethernet connection to networks and DSL/cable modems).
Preloaded System and Software
This PCV-RS620G comes with the Windows XP Home Edition operating system, and it features Microsoft Works 7.0 (for working with word processing and spreadsheet documents). Sony's Giga Pocket built-in software converts TV signals to digital MPEG2 format and lets you watch and record TV programs right on the PCV-620G, watch while you record with the Slip Playback feature, and burn shows directly to DVD It's also loaded with Sony's Vaio Creative suite of multimedia applications, which includes PictureGear Studio (digital photo), SonicStage (digital music), Sony MovieShaker, DVGate Plus (digital video), VAIO Media (network file sharing), and Click to DVD (for burning DVD discs). Other preloaded titles include a 60-day trial of Microsoft Office, Quicken 2004, Norton Internet Security (with 90-day trial subscription), InterVideo WinDVD, and a 90-day trial of AOL.
Dimensions and Weight
This desktop PC measures 7.2 x 15.6 x 14.9 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 26.5 pounds.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Sony Vaio PCV-RS620G desktop PC, IR remote control, keyboard, mouse, and set of two speakers.

Product Description
The RS620G VAIO Desktop gives you the ability to record your favorite TV shows and create great slideshows and home videos burn your own DVDs. With an Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3E GHz, 512MB RAM and a 160GB hard drive, you'll have the power to back it all up. Take full advantage of the 4: 1 media slot and easily transfer photos and data files from a Memory Stick media, Compact Flash Type I & Type II, and Smart Media. The integrated DVD?RW drive gives you the freedom to burn DVD's of your favorite TV shows and home videos. You can even transfer your old VHS tapes to DVD and easily share all your memories with friends and family.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/Monitor.png
Sony SDM-HS73/H 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Grey)

Product Description From the Manufacturer
The innovative floating frame design of Sony's SDM-HS73 Flat Panel LCD complements any room in your home. Images are crisp and responsive whether you're working, playing games or surfing the Internet. It's simple to set up so you're up and running in no time. It's Sony's best value flat panel LCD.
TFT active matrix LCD technology and a native resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 provide superior image brightness and clarity, while a small footprint keeps your workspace organized and clutter-free. Images come alive with high-brightness and contrast and fast video response times. With wide viewing angles, you'll enjoy reduced eyestrain, and a flexible pivot adjustment permits easy positioning.
The SDM-HS73/H is Sony's best value among energy efficient flat panel LCDs, featuring three convenient brightness settings. Plus, with simple setup, you can just connect and go! Sony's automatic image adjustment feature optimizes your display's performance instantly.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/LexmarkPrinter.png

Lexmark X73 All-In-One Print Center with USB Cable

Technical Details

Photo-quality printing, copying, scanning, and PC faxing
2,400 x 1,200 dpi resolution on all paper types
Prints and copies 9 ppm black, prints 5 ppm color, copies 3 ppm color
Scans in true 48-bit color at 600 x 1,200 dpi optical resolution, 9,600 dpi interpolated
Includes USB cableProduct Details
..tr> ..table>
Item model number: X73Product Description
Amazon.com Product Description
The Lexmark X73 boasts photo-quality printing, color scanning, and full-color and black-and-white copying--all in one convenient unit. Plus, Lexmark includes Black Ice Impact ColorFax Lite software, so you can send PC-based faxes, too. The X73 prints with up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi resolution in both black and color on all paper types. For faster, higher-volume needs, you can choose 600 x 600 dpi normal mode or 600 x 300 dpi quick-print mode. The rated speed in the lower resolution is up to 9 pages per minute (ppm) in black and 5 ppm in color.
Make up to 99 copies at 9 ppm in black and 3 ppm in color. Reduce or enlarge from 25 percent to 400 percent in 1 percent increments. The 48-bit flatbed scanner easily scans to fax and to e-mail. Thanks to the unit's hinged lid, you can place bulky objects on the scanning bed, which is ideal for copying books and magazines. For faxing, the X73 combines its scanning functions with the transmitting and receiving functions of your PC's modem, all under the control of specialized software (included).
The X73 comes with a USB cable, black and color print cartridges, an instruction book, and the driver and software CD. Software includes ABBYY FineReader 4.0 OCR for text editing, Black Ice Impact ColorFax Lite for faxing, and MGI PhotoSuite 8.1 for managing photos. Lexmark backs the unit with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, one year of LexExpress service, and optional extended warranties in one-year increments, for a total of up to five years of coverage. --Mike Brown

Product Description
There is absolutely no compromise in the specification of the Lexmark X73 - an image and productivity center that utilizes just a third of the space on your desktop, but that delivers three times the performance. So whether you want to scan an image, output letters/reports and photo quality prints or have the features of a personal PC connected copier the Lexmark X73 exceeds the highest standards offered by many printers, scanners and copiers.The Lexmark X73 prints in color at an incredible 2400 x 1200 dpi, that's 2,880,000 dots per square inch creating smooth tones, vibrant colors and crystal sharp detail. With text the black ink is crisper and denser ensuring you can be confident of truly professional output every time. With leading scanning technology, the Lexmark X73 produces a faithful reproduction that is normally only found on more expensive scanners. The optical resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi (9600 dpi enhanced) with a 48-bit color depth, the scan facility and software allows a vast range of manipulation and image management. Color and black and white copying, right on your desktop is a reality with the Lexmark X73 - with a fast page rate of up to 9 pages per minute black and white, and 3 pages per minute color. It is ideal for home and office use, with a wide range of features often only available on stand alone, single function office copiers - it's easy to see why Lexmark X73 is in a class of its own.The powerful performance of the Lexmark X73 is delivered by easy to install "simple steps" software, with plug and play installation ensuring that your X73 is up and ready to use within minutes. You'll even be advised when your ink is low or paper is out! The Lexmark X73 is a true imaging and productivity center packed with sophisticated functionality yet delivered with superb ease of use.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/RaditudeForever/ForSale/SonyVAIO/HPPrinter.png

HP DeskJet 5740 Color Inkjet Printer

Technical Details

Up to 23 ppm black, 18 ppm color, 26 ppm with optional cartridge
Up to 1,200 dpi black resolution, 4,800 optimized dpi color
Borderless photo printing on paper up to 8.5 by 24 inches
HP PhotoREt III color technology, PhotoREt IV with optional cartridge
USB connectivity, optional external print server; PC and Mac compatibleProduct Details
Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 6.3 x 8.4 inches ; 7.3 pounds
Item model number: C9016AB1H Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The HP DeskJet 5740 is a versatile printer with professional color--up to 4,800-optimized dpi, or you can add six-ink color (four-ink is standard). Create standard and custom size photos up to 8.5 by 24 inches, with or without borders. Get fast speeds, up to 23 ppm laser-quality black, up to 18 ppm color. Increase black print speed up to 26 ppm with an optional black cartridge. The HP Deskjet 5740 offers quick, user-friendly setup and a convenient control panel with one-touch print cancel button, ink status display, and automatic ink-backup printing. The compact design is ideal for small spaces in the home or office, and a 100-sheet input paper tray folds up for storage.
Increase value and the number of pages printed, with higher volume HP black ink cartridges. With included HP photo printing software, you can easily create reprints, enlargements, photo layouts, and album pages. Print long-lasting, professional-quality photos with exceptional fade resistance.
Features:
Make a positive impression every time you print, with reliable, professional photo-quality color and laser-quality black. Enjoy the versatility of printing in 4,800-optimized dpi color and four-ink color, or optional six-ink color for richer photos.
Organize and enhance your photos. Included HP photo printing software is easy to use. Drag and drop photos to quickly resize for reprints and enlargements. Print multiple photos and sizes on one page. Plus rotate, crop, adjust color, light, and sharpness with easy photo editing.
Print professional photos that resist fading longer than traditionally processed photos, with optional six-ink color printing and HP Premium Plus photo papers. Produce bright, vivid prints with exceptional fade resistance.
Print fast, laser-quality black text and color graphics at speeds up to 23 ppm black, up to 18 ppm color; or enhance speed and productivity up to 26 ppm black with an optional HP 96 Black Inkjet print cartridge (not included, sold separately).
Print standard and custom size photos, with or without borders, using paper up to 8.5 by 24 inches. Easily print photos for display in standard frame sizes using pre-cut 4-by-6, 5-by-7, and 8-by-10-inch photo papers.
Manage the printer easily with the convenient print cancel button and ink status display on front panel.What's in the Box
HP Deskjet 5740 color inkjet printer, HP 94 black inkjet print cartridge (C8765W), HP 95 tri-color inkjet print cartridge (C8766W), setup poster, reference guide, power supply and power cord; HP Photo Printing software (Windows), printer software (Windows and Macintosh) and User's guide on CD-ROM; USB cable not included

Product Description
The HP Deskjet 5740 is a versatile printer with professional color up to 4800-optimized dpi or add 6-ink color. Create standard and custom size photos up to 8.5 x 24-inch, with or without borders. Fast speeds up to 23 ppm laser-quality black, up to 18 ppm color. Enhance black print speed up to 26 ppm with optional black cartridge.The HP Deskjet 5740 offers quick, user-friendly set-up and a convenient control panel with one-touch print cancel button, ink status display and automatic ink-backup printing. Compact design is ideal for small spaces in the home or office, and a 100-sheet input paper tray folds up for storage. Increase value and pages printed with higher volume HP black ink cartridges. With included HP photo printing software you can easily create reprints, enlargements, photo layouts and album pages. Print long-lasting, professional-quality photos with exceptional fade resistance.

Payment and Delivery:

Cash, or Money Order Only. You pay for items. I will use money to purchase my Laptop, I will then transfer all my files from the desktop computer to my laptop, and restore the desktop back to the manufacturer's original configuration. I will then contact you to let you know the computer is ready, and you can pick it up, or if I am shipping I will let you know it is being shipped. Please allow 1 week between the time the payment is recieved and the product is delivered.

You are responsible for all shipping costs. If you are interested, please contact me for a shipping quote. I will ship in the US only, and the package will be insured for the amount of the product or the highest amount allowed by the postal service or shipping company, whichever is less.

Please reply only if you are interested. Feel free to ask questions, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

coyote_sprit
06-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Not to be an ass but the PC itself based on the specs won't go for much it's hardware is about 3 years old.

Raditude
06-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Well with all the accessories, I'm hoping to get some money out of it. The memory can be upgraded to 2Gigs which is close to what's available now. The Pentium 4 is running at 3GHz, which is about what they're running at now. Not to mention the dual A/V-in makes for a great computer for recording videos.

coyote_sprit
06-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Well with all the accessories, I'm hoping to get some money out of it. The memory can be upgraded to 2Gigs which is close to what's available now. The Pentium 4 is running at 3GHz, which is about what they're running at now. Not to mention the dual A/V-in makes for a great computer for recording videos.

It only supports DDR though(the standard is currently DDR2 and its going into DDR4) and the Pentium 4 is single core and used an outdated CPU socket.

Mesogen
06-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Anyone want my VAIO running a 1.6 GHz and PC133 RAM?
:D
J/K

pcosmar
06-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Raditude

I think you have it a bit overpriced for a used computer.
I personally don't like Sony , but good used computers can be had for much less.

You might think of adjusting the price.

Raditude
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
For all you're getting, that's a good price. If it was New, that would cost around $1800 or more.

What do you suggest?

pcosmar
06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
For all you're getting, that's a good price. If it was New, that would cost around $1800 or more.

What do you suggest?

As I said, I don't like Sony. I wouldn't have one at any price, but that is another question.

As a general rule, anything "used" would be 50% of new cost, if it was in good condition.
A computer that was a couple years old I would not pay more than 3 to 500$ depending on what it was.
It would have to be something really special to go more than that.