PDA

View Full Version : Reader's Digest excludes Ron Paul: vote here!

Matt Collins
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Though many of us do not read Reader's Digest there are a lot of people that do. They have a poll to rank the candidates and most of them aren't doing well unfortunately the next president of the united states is not there. Please go there and rank the rank candidates that they do have and just below them make sure that you do a write in candidate for Ron Paul. If we get enough Meetup groups around the country to do this they may add him and they do a Bio on the candidates so this may enlighten some of the 80 million people that get the magazine.
Take this poll at h ttp://www.rd.com/gradeTheCandidates.do

(be sure to copy and paste the link into your browser so that the web server will not see the referring site)

Reader's Digest Stats:
Employees: 4,300
Employee growth: 2.4%
Eighty-million readers. Fifty editions. One undersized magazine. The Reader's Digest Association (RDA) publishes the world's #1 general interest magazine, "Reader's Digest," which is translated into some 20 languages. The company also uses its extensive consumer database (considered one of the best in the world) to market books (Reader's Digest Select Editions, how-to guides, cookbooks), special-interest magazines ("The Family Handyman, American Woodworker, Taste of Home, Country Woman"), music, and videos, as well as financial and health products. Its Books Are Fun unit is a direct marketer of books and gifts. An investor group led by Ripplewood Holdings completed its $1.6 billion acquisition of the firm in 2007.

Also if you feel so inclined write the editor a short non blaming and more enlightening lett about Ron Paul and why you support him.

E-Mail the editors at h ttp://www.rd.com/talktous.do?lid=198

(be sure to copy and paste the link into your browser so that the web server will not see the referring site)

rich34
08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
I just did the write in. It didn't let me grade him though like it did the other candidates. I suppose if enough write ins go through maybe they'll add him to where you can give him a grade.

Joe Knows
08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Though many of us do not read Reader's Digest there are a lot of people that do. They have a poll to rank the candidates and most of them aren't doing well unfortunately the next president of the united states is not there. Please go there and rank the rank candidates that they do have and just below them make sure that you do a write in candidate for Ron Paul. If we get enough Meetup groups around the country to do this they may add him and they do a Bio on the candidates so this may enlighten some of the 80 million people that get the magazine.
Take this poll at h ttp://www.rd.com/gradeTheCandidates.do

Reader's Digest Stats:
Employees: 4,300
Employee growth: 2.4%
Eighty-million readers. Fifty editions. One undersized magazine. The Reader's Digest Association (RDA) publishes the world's #1 general interest magazine, "Reader's Digest," which is translated into some 20 languages. The company also uses its extensive consumer database (considered one of the best in the world) to market books (Reader's Digest Select Editions, how-to guides, cookbooks), special-interest magazines ("The Family Handyman, American Woodworker, Taste of Home, Country Woman"), music, and videos, as well as financial and health products. Its Books Are Fun unit is a direct marketer of books and gifts. An investor group led by Ripplewood Holdings completed its $1.6 billion acquisition of the firm in 2007.

Also if you feel so inclined write the editor a short non blaming and more enlightening lett about Ron Paul and why you support him.

E-Mail the editors at h ttp://www.rd.com/talktous.do?lid=198

This is great. It asks you if you want to write in a candidate, so I wrote in Ron Paul. I had to give them my email address and name. But it allows you to go in and rate all the other candidates. I rated them all zeros or o.1. If everyone rates the other candidates, they will all be zeros and Ron will be the hero.

rich34
08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
That's what I did Joe :-)

itsnobody
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I did it just now...

Politeia
08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I rated all the candidates Zero (see below), and requested Ron Paul be added. I also clicked the "Email the Editors" link under RD.com at the bottom of the page, and sent the following message:

I just participated in your "Election 2008 - Report Card" survey. I rated each of the six clones you presented as a Zero, and suggested that you should also include the only candidate who actually offers something other than "more of the same" -- Ron Paul.

You're probably getting a bunch of Ron Paul votes right now, due to a posting on a forum of Ron Paul supporters. You may feel you're being "spammed" by a bunch of "teenagers in their parents' basements", as Ron Paul supporters have been characterized in the major media when Dr. Paul has made embarrassing showings in online polls. So I thought I'd write with a few comments.

I assigned a Zero to each of the six candidates in your poll not without thought, or as some kind of joke. I really mean it; they are all liars and thieves, and I wouldn't trust them with 25c, much less any position of responsibility where they might have an effect on others' lives. I'm certain any of them would "spam" any poll they could, if they knew how; but I don't know how, and wouldn't if I did; I don't live by the same morality that drives their lives and careers.

I note that your "Panel of Experts" consists entirely of more members of the same establishment that has produced these excremental "choices" for the American people. This is a tragedy, but, for the first time in my life, we have an opportunity to correct it. That opportunity's name is Ron Paul.

I'm 64 years old. I voted in every presidential election from 1964 through 1988, feeling it was my responsibility as a citizen to do so. I voted for Ron Paul in 1988, and haven't bothered since, as it had become clear it wasn't worth the bother. I'm going to register Republican for the first time in my life, in order to vote for Dr. Paul in the upcoming primary.

Why not provide a real choice, something different from the panel of clones you now have? Put Ron Paul on the page, and see what happens. You might be surprised.

Sincerely,

They insisted on full name & address, which is a pain, but I gave it; if they send me junkmail I'll just stuff it with RP literature and send it back.

Richie
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Wrote-in.

transistor
08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
done

wgadget
08-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Okay, I just rated the others 0's (sure didn't take long), and then wrote an email to the editors requesting a feature on Ron Paul. I suggested that they'd probably sell a lot of magazines if they did.

:)

Politeia
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
I also clicked the "Email the Editors" link under RD.com at the bottom of the page, and sent a message, both to show that I was not a "spammer" and to emphasize my suggestion that they include Ron Paul.

I got an answer, first thing this morning; these folks are on the ball.

Thanks for writing us! RD.com's Election page explains that if you think someone other than the politicians we've featured would do well in the White House you are encouraged to send your top write-in choice to Election@rd.com.

We plan to add the top write-in contenders to our Grade the Candidates tool.

We appreciate your feedback!

Amy
Assistant Editor, RD.com
Here's their main election page: http://www.rd.com/channel/election-2008. I don't see the email link on that page, but I guess one could just use the link in the email above. Polite, etc., of course.

I always associate Reader's Digest with my grandparents, who were regular readers. I never discussed politics with them, but I'm sure they were Reagan voters. Getting Ron Paul into Reader's Digest would be huge.

Kregener
08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Done.

Does "Brainpower" include the ability to scheme and connive?

tnvoter
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Done.

Matt Collins
08-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Yeah - I did it too