PDA

View Full Version : Who is Doug Casey?

mediahasyou
06-16-2008, 09:51 PM
This was the debate of foreign policy at freedom fest last year. I had never heard of this Doug Casey. But this guy is great! Possible 2012?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CC-ZxzYneOQ&feature=related

Wolfgang Bohringer
06-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Doug Casey was one of those libertarian anarchists from the 1970s like Harry Browne who wrote influential books about profiting from economic crises and living free on planet earth amidst the government caused chaos.

Casey spends most of his time outside the U.S. and I think has a special distaste for provincial Boobus Americanus. He is a hardcore anarchist and has made a lot of money for himself and his clients in international investments in real estate, securities, and commodities over the years.

I loved him in that debate. I thought Casey was head and shoulders more persuasive than Ron Paul--especially at the end when Casey said he would do 3 things immediately if he was President.

1. Pull out of Iraq
2. Pull out of the other 130+ countries.
3. Offer a sincere apology to the rest of the world for all of the trouble we've made.

He's not the kind of guy that would ever run for President. Although that's exactly what they said about Harry Browne, but in Casey's case it would be totally out of character.

RevolutionSD
06-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Doug Casey was one of those libertarian anarchists from the 1970s like Harry Browne who wrote influential books about profiting from economic crises and living free on planet earth amidst the government caused chaos.

Casey spends most of his time outside the U.S. and I think has a special distaste for provincial Boobus Americanus. He is a hardcore anarchist and has made a lot of money for himself and his clients in international investments in real estate, securities, and commodities over the years.

I loved him in that debate. I thought Casey was head and shoulders more persuasive than Ron Paul--especially at the end when Casey said he would do 3 things immediately if he was President.

1. Pull out of Iraq
2. Pull out of the other 130+ countries.
3. Offer a sincere apology to the rest of the world for all of the trouble we've made.

He's not the kind of guy that would ever run for President. Although that's exactly what they said about Harry Browne, but in Casey's case it would be totally out of character.

You're exactly right about Casey.
He's one of my heroes.
I saw him speak at the Agora Financial conference in Vancouver last year. He's a pure anarchist and spends most of his time in Argentina and New Zealand now. He has zero interest in politics and does not vote, although he likes RP.

Free Talk Live interviewed him last year. If you go to the FTL website you can probably dig up that show. I hope to hear more from Casey in the future.

Truth Warrior
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
"The thought of how far the human race [might] have advanced without government simply staggers the imagination." -Attributed to Doug Casey, 1979