PDA

View Full Version : ONLY 3 months left for RP!

Matt Collins
08-26-2007, 12:48 PM
This was something interesting I just received:

There's only about three months left to promote Ron Paul. December should not be considered, because by then, most people voting in early primaries have made up their minds (not to mention the holiday distractions) . If Ron Paul doesn't make it through the primaries, we're finished. We don't have 3 months to get the ball rolling. We have 3 months left to make Ron Paul a winning candidate in this country's eyes. Can we do it?

DjLoTi
08-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes. We've got to reach deep down within ourselves and kick it into over drive.

That means, going to as many
- Pro and college sports events
- Concerts and festivals
- Parties
- Anywhere else there's a large congregation of people.

Shink
08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I want everyone to admit, however, that in the event of an "oh shit" occurrence, we have an extra life saved up, unlike the others, in that we can get Ron to run Independent if need be.

I'm not downplaying the hard work we have to do right now, however.

TheOnlyOne
08-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Paul probably won't run on a third party ticket unless he pulls a surprise during the primaries, as in winning a few states. He's said before that he's 99% sure he won't do it. The only thing that would motivate him would be massive support.

njandrewg
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Paul probably won't run on a third party ticket unless he pulls a surprise during the primaries, as in winning a few states. He's said before that he's 99% sure he won't do it. The only thing that would motivate him would be massive support.
yeah I think we'll have to get at least 20-25% or 3rd place in the primaries for him to run as an independant.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Let's not even be thinking of what we'll do, IF he doesn't win. It's a cop out!

We need to do whatever it will take so he WILL win. Stop looking for the back door to escape with. Step up to the plate.

McDermit
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
We need to get some good radio ads going. Tv too, but radio would be cheaper/easier to get out immediately.

ThePieSwindler
08-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Ads are the key. Going door to door is important too. But just waving signs isnt gonna do it anymore we NEED to get the word out en masse. We need to focus on NH, iowa, and south carolina, and BLANKET those areas with ads.

skiingff
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Ads are the key. Going door to door is important too. But just waving signs isnt gonna do it anymore we NEED to get the word out en masse. We need to focus on NH, iowa, and south carolina, and BLANKET those areas with ads.

TV ads for New Hampshire are on the way. We will have them running in NH by early September. We need to make this a success so we can carry this TV advertising campaign on to other states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Pledge now to fund this project if you haven't:
http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

I need 4 pictures suitable for TV and the ad will be made and be available for preview by this Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest. It will then hopefully start airing the following week.

Brandon-

My apologies for the delay in response. I’ve been working with our production team on the images you’d like to use in the ad. Everything looks great, however, the quality and size of the photos are just too small to look clear on television. When the commercial goes on air, it will be reformatted to fit the size of a television screen and when that is done the images will be enlarged and stretched. In their current form, they will become very grainy and incredibly pixilated; simply put, it will be too blurry and not look clear.

Would you be able to send me any higher quality versions of those photos, or perhaps additional images? Everything else looks wonderful, and we can move forward with this as soon as we have higher resolution images. I’ve included the minimum requirements below for your convenience, and please give me a call if you have any questions.

Accepted Formats Min Resolution Min. Max. Min Quality

Logo JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP 360x240 pixels 30k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Photo JPEG, TIFF, BMP 1200x900 pixels 500k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Headshot JPEG, TIFF, BMP 200x300 pixels 50k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Best regards,

Kara Thirkill

Spot Runner Consulting Services

phone: 310-424-2108

toll free: 888-880-SPOT ext 2108

fax: 310-430-7999

email: kthirkill@spotrunner.com

Spot Runner Inc

6300 Wilshire Blvd

22nd Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90048

What I need is someone to put these two pictures together into ONE picture that meets the requirements. The b&w picture of Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan and one of the other 2 pictures of Paul w/ Reagan. The pictures can be found here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12778
I need someone to make 2 of those into 1 single picture.

Then, I need a picture that meets the requirements with Ron Paul in uniform. Since the only picture of him in uniform is EXTREMELY small, it needs to be fit into a collage with a couple other pictures or SOMETHING to get it to meet the requirements.

Next, I need a misc. picture that will appeal to EVERYBODY. It can be of anything ron paul related but MUST meet the requirements! Or else we'll keep getting them sent back and have to start over.

Finally, I need a Ron Paul: Hope for America banner with the website http://www.keepronfighting.com listed on the bottom. This will be an informational website we set up that explains nothing but the goodness of Ron Paul and will appeal to everybody (eg, show off his universal qualities, NOT focus on specifics). We cannot list ronpaul2008.com, as that would be a grassroots group mingling with the campaign.

If we can get these 4 pictures done by tomorrow, we can have an ad ready for preview by Wed. at the latest. I'm busy and not too familiar with photoshop and all that, so help on this would be appreciated. I've seen the YouTube videos and mosaics and whatnot you guys make; this should be a breeze.

Kregener
08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Face it, a certain amount of the American "electorate" will simply vote for whomever is promising the most, whether it is "free" health care or other "entitlements", or "free" safety from under-the-bed Arabs.

Ron Paul WILL win the Whitehouse if enough people get his message of freedom, peace, prosperity and liberty.

Those people are the ones currently disenchanted with the "conservatives" rhetoric and promises who have failed to deliver for 80 years.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 04:29 PM

There's only about three months left to promote Ron Paul. December should not be considered, because by then, most people voting in early primaries have made up their minds (not to mention the holiday distractions) . If Ron Paul doesn't make it through the primaries, we're finished. We don't have 3 months to get the ball rolling. We have 3 months left to make Ron Paul a winning candidate in this country's eyes. Can we do it?

only if people get out and start talking to people NOW

BenIsForRon
08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I think we're going to need more ideas like the nationwide "paint the town Ron" type campaigns. Maybe a big rally outside of CNN's headquarters demanding Ron Paul coverage or something along those lines. We have to do more activities to show how many of us there actually are, which will get more people asking questions.

Here's the crazy thing though, if more people understood what was really going on enough to elect Ron, things like the police state, lying to go into Iraq, the NAU, the Fed, the reality behind WTO and NAFTA... wouldn't those people just look at their numbers and overthrow the government? In other words, all of us here understand that criminals are running our government, but what if 100 million Americans understood that our government is run by criminals? Me thinks they would not be in power for very much longer.

Matt Collins
08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
One more note - This isn't a fucking sports game where we all place our bets and then watch the game unfold.

This is politics, and it's REAL, and the outcome is NOT pre-determined, nor is it unable to be influenced. Each and everyone of us CAN get him elected if we put enough effort into it.

The ONLY reason Ron Paul doesn't get elected is because WE did not work hard enough. In 50 years when we are all in our 70's do you want to look back and tell your grandchildren that we once had an opportunity to change this country for the better, but we failed because we didn't put out enough effort?

american.swan
08-26-2007, 06:38 PM
We can "IF" until he loses.

If he doesn't this or that...

How about...."if you get off the computer and post some signs up...."

"If you tell more people about him..."

You get the idea.

Man from La Mancha
08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
A dvd in every house. I'm still looking for a good DVD made for non Ron Paul supporters real bad. I agree time is running very fast. It is the one thing that can be easily and cheaply done on the grassroots level, passing out dvds. We should target every home in The USA. Unfortunately this is where HQ has let us down, they don't have a dvd made yet after 8 months. Please someone come up with a great DVD for the common voter. I have a good idea and need a great dvd to spread around.

wgadget
08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Today was Walk for America Day, and our group walked. It was SO exciting to see the interest in Ron Paul from all types of people. There were many who HAD heard of him and wanted bumper stickers, there were some that wanted our literature, there were some that supported him and wanted literature to pass out to their friends, and the BEST PART of all was introducing people to Ron Paul who right then and there, on the spot, started helping us in the cause.

How many other candidates can win such dedicated support with just ONE HEARING of their positions?

The people are STARVING for an HONEST POLITICIAN. Let's get out there and GIVE 'EM WHAT THEY'RE CRAVING.....

RON PAUL in 2008!

P.S. I'm a SHY PERSON, who really stepped out of my comfort zone, but it was a TRULY REWARDING EXPERIENCE to put the boots on the ground and spread the good news of Dr. Paul. Go get 'em!

Man from La Mancha
08-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Today was Walk for America Day, and our group walked. It was SO exciting to see the interest in Ron Paul from all types of people. There were many who HAD heard of him and wanted bumper stickers, there were some that wanted our literature, there were some that supported him and wanted literature to pass out to their friends, and the BEST PART of all was introducing people to Ron Paul who right then and there, on the spot, started helping us in the cause.

How many other candidates can win such dedicated support with just ONE HEARING of their positions?

The people are STARVING for an HONEST POLITICIAN. Let's get out there and GIVE 'EM WHAT THEY'RE CRAVING.....

RON PAUL in 2008!

P.S. I'm a SHY PERSON, who really stepped out of my comfort zone, but it was a TRULY REWARDING EXPERIENCE to put the boots on the ground and spread the good news of Dr. Paul. Go get 'em!
GREAT JOB, THANKS!!!!!

Matt Collins
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately this is where HQ has let us down, they don't have a dvd made yet after 8 months. Please someone come up with a great DVD for the common voter. I have a good idea and need a great dvd to spread around.Does anyone know why this is?

BillyDkid
08-27-2007, 02:21 PM
TV ads for New Hampshire are on the way. We will have them running in NH by early September. We need to make this a success so we can carry this TV advertising campaign on to other states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Pledge now to fund this project if you haven't:
http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

I need 4 pictures suitable for TV and the ad will be made and be available for preview by this Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest. It will then hopefully start airing the following week.

What I need is someone to put these two pictures together into ONE picture that meets the requirements. The b&w picture of Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan and one of the other 2 pictures of Paul w/ Reagan. The pictures can be found here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12778
I need someone to make 2 of those into 1 single picture.

Then, I need a picture that meets the requirements with Ron Paul in uniform. Since the only picture of him in uniform is EXTREMELY small, it needs to be fit into a collage with a couple other pictures or SOMETHING to get it to meet the requirements.

Next, I need a misc. picture that will appeal to EVERYBODY. It can be of anything ron paul related but MUST meet the requirements! Or else we'll keep getting them sent back and have to start over.

Finally, I need a Ron Paul: Hope for America banner with the website http://www.keepronfighting.com listed on the bottom. This will be an informational website we set up that explains nothing but the goodness of Ron Paul and will appeal to everybody (eg, show off his universal qualities, NOT focus on specifics). We cannot list ronpaul2008.com, as that would be a grassroots group mingling with the campaign.

If we can get these 4 pictures done by tomorrow, we can have an ad ready for preview by Wed. at the latest. I'm busy and not too familiar with photoshop and all that, so help on this would be appreciated. I've seen the YouTube videos and mosaics and whatnot you guys make; this should be a breeze.I want to donate what I can to this TV ad effort (it won't be $100.00 because I am just making ends meet as it is), but I am a little confused. What happens if I donate my, say, $25.00 and you don't meet your pledge goal. I mean, the pledge drive is fine, but more importantly shouldn't we just encouraging people to donate what they can to this effort. This confusion (and I'm sure it's completely on my part) is the only thing that has made me hesitant about sending my donation. How much do we need to have an ad and how close are we to having enough? How much, specifically do we need to raise to produce and show this ad? thanks, BDK

michaelwise
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM

There's only about three months left to promote Ron Paul. December should not be considered, because by then, most people voting in early primaries have made up their minds (not to mention the holiday distractions) . If Ron Paul doesn't make it through the primaries, we're finished. We don't have 3 months to get the ball rolling. We have 3 months left to make Ron Paul a winning candidate in this country's eyes. Can we do it? We are not finished if Ron doesn't win the primary. We can still have the biggest write in campaign this country has ever seen. We should use this threat as a weapon against the the party and the media, if we do not start getting some media attention soon.

skiingff
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I want to donate what I can to this TV ad effort (it won't be $100.00 because I am just making ends meet as it is), but I am a little confused. What happens if I donate my, say, $25.00 and you don't meet your pledge goal. I mean, the pledge drive is fine, but more importantly shouldn't we just encouraging people to donate what they can to this effort. This confusion (and I'm sure it's completely on my part) is the only thing that has made me hesitant about sending my donation. How much do we need to have an ad and how close are we to having enough? How much, specifically do we need to raise to produce and show this ad? thanks, BDK

Any donation is fine. Just sign the pledge and donate what you can. Each ad spot for cable TV in NH costs around $17.00. So you'd be "buying" over 1 commericial for Ron Paul's benefit. I WILL meet my pledge goal, AND then some, and THEN start running ads in Iowa as well. If I have to donate the difference myself, I'll find a way to do it. Legally, I can only donate $5,000. I think I won't have a problem collecting on the pledges, especially when the ads start to air!!! People will want them to keep airing and keep RP's message on TV!!! We will roll with what we have and do what we can.

BillyDkid
08-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Just made my contribution. It's not a lot, but it is something. my best, BDK

Bro.Butch
08-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Let's not even be thinking of what we'll do, IF he doesn't win. It's a cop out!

We need to do whatever it will take so he WILL win. Stop looking for the back door to escape with. Step up to the plate.

AMEN !!!

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Folks...

Some of you seem to think we're going to all of a sudden start getting media attention. That would be nice, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. It doesn't mean we have to lose. What it means is that we have to ADAPT AND OVERCOME.

We can create our own media coverage with advertisements. We can also get outside of our personal comfort zones and walk out the door and start meeting our neighbors, shaking their hands and handing them campaign literature. We can go to every event we find, just because there will be a lot of people there and hand them literature on their way out of the event. We can set up tables at gun shows and anything else we can think of.

It's up to us. Please don't sit there waiting for the media genie to come down to save us. It's not going to happen. Only WE can get Ron Paul's name and positions out there. The question is.... WILL WE?

yoshimaroka
08-27-2007, 11:30 PM
As a Canadian student living in Toronto, I'm doing all I can.

- I see American license plates everyday so I ordered stickers for my car including a huge one for the rear window.
- I always wear my RP baseball cap… I look totally badass
- I've donated here and there (not to the official campaign, because it's illegal)
- I'm going to be handing out flyers and slim jims at the CN Tower and other hot spots for American tourists. I'm also going to get members of the Toronto Meetup group and university students to join me.

I want to run across America in support of Ron Paul(or at the very least ignite the run), but my parents ain't cool with it.

disinter
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
The best thing we can do is DONATE! If he is in the top three when the next quarter's results come out, the media WILL pay attention to him because they will be salivating over the possibility that he may spend some of those millions on ads on their networks. And, there shouldn't be any doubt that he is a top tier candidate at that point.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
As a Canadian student living in Toronto, I'm doing all I can.

- I see American license plates everyday so I ordered stickers for my car including a huge one for the rear window.
- I always wear my RP baseball cap… I look totally badass
- I've donated here and there (not to the official campaign, because it's illegal)
- I'm going to be handing out flyers and slim jims at the CN Tower and other hot spots for American tourists. I'm also going to get members of the Toronto Meetup group and university students to join me.

I want to run across America in support of Ron Paul(or at the very least ignite the run), but my parents ain't cool with it.

Wow! Thank you so much, Yoshi.

Thunderbolt
08-30-2007, 02:14 AM

Thunderbolt
08-30-2007, 02:14 AM

crasster
08-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Let's hope that all the debates scheduled between now and then promote him too. (they will).

But yes go into OVER DRIVE NOW!!!

giskard
08-30-2007, 06:17 PM
What happened to the idea of placing radio ads in the middle of the neocon radio shows?

Givemelibertyor.....
08-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I know they report finances on September 5, but what is the cutoff date?

LibertyEagle
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
;lm;k

Givemelibertyor.....
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
???

TheEvilDetector
08-30-2007, 09:00 PM
A dvd in every house. I'm still looking for a good DVD made for non Ron Paul supporters real bad. I agree time is running very fast. It is the one thing that can be easily and cheaply done on the grassroots level, passing out dvds. We should target every home in The USA. Unfortunately this is where HQ has let us down, they don't have a dvd made yet after 8 months. Please someone come up with a great DVD for the common voter. I have a good idea and need a great dvd to spread around.

This video is an excellent compilation:

Ron Paul: A Man For All Seasons

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8351865602354164048

ecliptic
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Donate (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/) ... and always keep a stash of Liberty Cards (http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php) at all times and continually pass them out. I give them to strangers all day and leave a little trail of cards behind me. Handing out a card is the least intrusive way to approach people. I have yet to see anyone throw it out. And the occasional "Go Ron Paul!" is always encouraging! Key places include the local free wi-fi spots and bulletin boards. Leave a few here and there every time you pass through. Ask the owner / shop keeper for permission with a smile and they always say "sure".

Front:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9266/ronpaulcardfrontex8.jpg (http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php)

Back:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5797/ronpaulcardbackzl1.jpg (http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php)

Click the image to order your first 1,000 cards today! They sent me a nice pile of Ron Paul bumper stickers as a bonus, and the cards arrived FAST!