PDA

View Full Version : "We Are the Government"

malkusm
06-16-2008, 06:13 PM
"We Are the Government"

Bob goes down to the neighborhood store to ask his friend if he can post some campaign literature in the window. As he is leaving the store, an officer stops him.

"Hey, you can't post that there, it's against the law!" says the officer.

"Who are you to tell us what we can do with our own property?" says Bob.

"We are the government."

-----------------------

Jen picks up her bag after a cross-country flight. On the bag is a notice from the TSA:

"For your safety, we have run your baggage through a standard screening procedure."

"Who are you to search my property without any permission or probably cause?" thinks Jen.

We are the government.

-----------------------

Jim's area is devastated by a horrible flood, and many are left homeless. Unannounced, a group of armed men storm his property.

"This is a state of emergency!" one of them says. "All citizens must submit all firearms to authority immediately!"

"Who are you to take away the right to defend myself?" says Jim, confused.

"We are the government."

------------------------

Phil is building a small log cabin on his farmland for his recently married son and daughter-in-law. One day while he is working, a man in a truck comes up his driveway and stops him.

"Sir, we have word that you haven't obtained the proper permits for that" says the man. "You're going to need to have this inspected, file it with the state for additional property taxes, and have a certified electrician paid to run the wiring."

"It's my property!" says Phil. "If the thing explodes, I am responsible for my actions and my property. Who are you to take that away from me?"

We are the government.

-------------------------

Bob, Jen, Jim and Phil assemble with thousands of others who are tired of officials running their lives and ignoring their rights. They march to the capitol with signs and cheers. When they get there, they find armored guardsmen in the way.

"Stop right there!" says one of the soldiers. "We have orders to take any actions necessary to keep you from going any further. We are the government!"

"No!" they say as one. "WE are the government!"

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." -John Adams

Conza88
06-16-2008, 06:20 PM
http://eldib.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/v-for-vendetta-poster-2.jpg

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Speak for yourself. I am the anti-government. :p

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice post malkusm,

"Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not?"

George Orwell -