PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of Ross Perot

Michael Ingram
06-16-2008, 06:11 PM
I am only 16, so I don't have much of a memory from when Perot ran in '92 and '96:p, but what is all of your opinions on him and why?

Thanks

pcosmar
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Voted neutral.
As I remember, at the time , I thought he might be a good option,but I was unable to vote.
The only thing I had to go on ( before I had a computer) was the MSM.
He seemed to have a better grasp of economics that any of the others and was willing to put his money where his mouth was.
I retrospect, he was right on some issues (NAFTA). He might have been a good choice.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Ross Perot made his money on government contracts, keep that in mind.

Michael Ingram
06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
My problem with him was that he wanted a flexible constitution and was pro-choice. Other than that he seemed good.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 06:56 PM
From the Trilateral Commission membership list:

Carl Hahn, Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Gerling Speziale Kreditversicherungs, Cologne; Director, Perot Systems Corporation, Dallas; former Chairman, Volkswagen, Wolfsburg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another interesting tidbit:

Dick Cheney - - After serving as Secretary of Defense for President Bush, Cheney reaped the financial rewards of the revolving money door between the military and industry. Cheney became a member of the board of directors of Morgan Stanley. the Union Pacific Corp., Procter & Gamble Co. and Electronic Data Systems Corp. (Ross Perot company)

123tim
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I probably should have voted for him. I was too stupid at the time. I remember that there were two of his supporters where I worked at the time and they thought that he was great.

I've had a couple of of people (This year) compare Ron Paul (R.P) to Ross Periot (R.P) and say that he was going to run third party and cause the Democrats to win. You can have too much choice you know.

Crickett
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
My problem with him was that he wanted a flexible constitution and was pro-choice. Other than that he seemed good.

I dunno..he was one of the only candidates that brought UP the Constitution at all. He wanted to serve, not hold power, and he talked about Government by the people. I just trusted Bush more because I thought Reagan trusted him and I loved Reagan. I was so asleep...

Raditude
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
I was in Kindergarten at the time of the '92 elections, so I don't remember too much of the issues. From what I heard he was a crazy billionaire who thought he'd try to get into office. I hear a lot of the same stuff about Ron Paul these days, but I know Ron Paul is the guy who can redeem our country. I never knew why Perot wanted to be president, or where he stood on various issues.

I just skimmed through his article on Wikipedia, and really, I don't support him on many issues, so I probably wouldn't vote for him.

I do respect Perot for making an attempt for the office much the same way Ron Paul is doing now.

Truth Warrior
06-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I kinda really like that goofy little billionaire bastard. :D He's got spunk! ;)

Aratus
06-17-2008, 09:12 AM
he shook the system. he almost ushered in a perminent change structurally...

jmdrake
06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
The MSM laughed when Ross Perot talked about a "great sucking sound" of jobs leaving the U.S. thanks to NAFTA. Who's laughing now?

satchelmcqueen
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
The MSM laughed when Ross Perot talked about a "great sucking sound" of jobs leaving the U.S. thanks to NAFTA. Who's laughing now?

yeah, i heard that sound myself along with over 20K fellow employees when levis closed shop and moved to other countries from 1997-2002. had the job 8 years.

Truth Warrior
06-17-2008, 05:51 PM
he shook the system. he almost ushered in a perminent change structurally... Seems to me like he merely ushered in Bubba. :p

asgardshill
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Very short.

Very gray.

Very threatening to the status quo.

forsmant
06-17-2008, 05:56 PM
My fondest memories of Ross Perot is Dana Carvey's impersination on SNL.

electronicmaji
06-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Nuetral....leaning to positive.
All I know is he did the most succesful third party run in history Beyond that I wasn't around to see him.

forsmant
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Theodore Roosevelt received 27% of the vote in 1912 on the Progressive Party ticket. Ross Perot only received 19% in 1992 and 9% in 1993.

electronicmaji
06-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Theodore don't count, he already ran on another ticket before that.

forsmant
06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Of course he doesn't count, that would make you wrong.

electronicmaji
06-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Of course he doesn't count, that would make you wrong.

FUCK RIGHT

AmericaFyeah92
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
FUCK RIGHT

"no i wont...back down, i will stand...my ground"

Anyway, someone like Perot whos willing to shake the system and speak truth to power, and has a basic grasp of economics (which would exclude Nader, Kucinich, etc.), is fine by me.