PDA

View Full Version : Nevada's Delegate-Sponsored Convention Building Great Momentum

jasonhlasvegas2008
06-16-2008, 06:07 PM
As you know the State GOP in Nevada shut down the Convention in April when Ron Paul supporters were about to sweep the delegate elections for the National Convention. Since that time they've been dragging their feet, lying to the media, and we've basically had enough.

Anyway, Wayne Terhune up in Washoe County got the ball rolling with his turnkey convention last month, and since that offer was rejected he went ahead anyway and began making arrangements for the Delegate Sponsored Convention.

Quick update on Nevada's Delegate Sponsored Convention on June 28th:

www.nevadagopconvention.com

We have radio ads playing in the Reno and Las Vegas areas now on several stations.

Nice, big advertisements in every major Nevada Newspaper concerning the delegate-sponsored convention in the Sunday paper.

We are setting up phone banks to call likely delegates to the State Convention.

Phone calling using our grassroots Ron Paul databases has already uncovered very high support for the delegate-sponsored conventionm, and recognition for the convention among our supporters is very high.

I predict a June 28th will be a huge success.

pauletteNV
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Jason,
I emailed all of the county chairs, the media, and all of the delegates I know today regarding the press release from Mike Weber regarding the reconvene. I agree with you...we are on a roll and even though, to quote Bob Beers "you have one problem, you need to have a quorum," I answered "don't bet against us...this is Nevada." I am so, so ready for this. History is going to be made in less than two weeks. Thanks for this post Jason.

A reminder, yet again another time, please make sure all delegates attend. This is about what is right and what is wrong and we're just not going to take the wrong part of it anymore.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Jason,
I emailed all of the county chairs, the media, and all of the delegates I know today regarding the press release from Mike Weber regarding the reconvene. I agree with you...we are on a roll and even though, to quote Bob Beers "you have one problem, you need to have a quorum," I answered "don't bet against us...this is Nevada." I am so, so ready for this. History is going to be made in less than two weeks. Thanks for this post Jason.

A reminder, yet again another time, please make sure all delegates attend. This is about what is right and what is wrong and we're just not going to take the wrong part of it anymore.

keep up the great work

Sandra
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Don't forget to leave comments at the bottom of news stories about the convention. Even the stories released by the NVGOP!

jasonhlasvegas2008
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, that's a good idea.

Jdayh
06-20-2008, 11:26 PM
IT IS ONLY ABOUT10 but if any of them are delegates, and we get just one it would be worth it...Please to any one else who wants to call these guys, have your facts in front of you, so you can literally read them. These politicians know how to lie in their sleep, so you have to have all the truth right in front of you so you can nail them between the eyes with it...

http://www.nevadagopconvention.com/

IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND DIGG UP SOME DELEGATES...PLEASE CALL THESE ELECTED STATE SENATORS...We don't know for sure but we think there are some state delegates there in the list...

THEY CAN BE CONFRONTED ...If they are all cowards and hacks..then lets give them a chance to be that, or maybe , we might get a couple onto our "side" . for I have a feeling that most of them do not digg for the truth, they do what they are told, only leaders digg for truth, and make intelligent choices based on that truth....When calling or emailing them please point that out....and let them respond(that is if your fortunate enough to get them on the phone)

Amodei, Mark E
Beers, Bob
Cegavske, Barbara K
Hardy, II, Warren B
Heck, Joseph J
McGinness, Mike
Nolan, Dennis
Raggio, William J
Rhoads, Dean A
Townsend, Randolph J
Washington, Maurice E

their phone/fax/ and emails are in this link....
please post your results...its only 10....(well 11 if you count BOB...well you should call him, just to invite his lying ass)

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Legislators/Senators/slist.cfm

Please call them up and find out....then ask them if they will come to the convention in Reno on June 28th, if they ask why should they/is it legal etc. please have your facts in front of you(ie http://www.nevadagopconvention.com/ ) We must ask and be firm in our knowledge and truth about our facts....I bet many of them(if any are actually delegates/alternates) are only making decisions based on what they are told, not based on the truth. have this also in front of you so you can quote Roberts Rules of order to them....

On Page 224 of Robert's Rules of Order - Newly Revised 10th Edition it says this about a Recess:

3. Is out of order when another has the floor.
4. Must be seconded.
5. Is not debatable.
6. Is amendable as to the length of the recess; any such amendment is undebatable.
7. Requires a majority vote.
8. Cannot be Reconsidered

GOOD LUCK AND LETS CALL CALL CALL CALL

jasonhlasvegas2008
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Excellent! Keep up the good work!