PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what a McCain/Obama/Paul debate would look like?

AJ Antimony
06-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I think we all have an idea.

There's the Republican, McCain, who is campaigning pretty much only on his experience.

There's the Democrat, Obama, who uses the word "change" as if he actually means it.

Then there's the "crazy ass third guy," Paul, who is actually liked by more people than voters and who talks the truth whether it'll help him win or not.

Hmmm I wonder when the three of them had this debate (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfuDJu9j2i0&feature=related) because it certainly wasn't recently...
NOTE: I'm referring to part 1 only lol

EDIT: Hint: read post, watch video

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 03:52 PM
I know what it would look like; RON PAUL PWNS ALL!

LOL!

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
It would look like two dumbasses getting schooled.

AJ Antimony
06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Hint: read post, click link, watch clip

pinkmandy
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
It would look like all the other debates. One hour = 30 minutes for Obama, 25 for McCain, 5 for Paul.

Giving Ron Paul equal time would turn this country on its head. Can't have that, can we?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Ever wonder what a McCain/Obama/Paul debate would look like?

http://i27.tinypic.com/2mpg0pk.jpg

AJ Antimony
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
bump

malkusm
06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Watching the first part, this is exactly what it would look like.

"Let's give two minutes to Perot at the beginning, then we'll let the other two debate and NEVER SHOW PEROT for about another 10 minutes."

Scary how much Clinton says "hope and change" and Bush says "experience."

By the way, this gives good insight on how Perot got such support. He used humor, he proclaimed himself as a man of the people, he used common sense and brought the economics to the people in a simple, elementary way. Sometimes I feel like RP goes way over the average American's head....

steph3n
06-16-2008, 07:28 PM
how would a debate be like? 59% obama raving, 40% mccain RANTING and 1% paul saying truth

Crickett
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
LOL..just like it..

CasualApathy
06-16-2008, 07:34 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2mpg0pk.jpg

Man, I don't know why, but...*cough* their way.....I'll vote turd-sandwich!

malkusm
06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Man, I don't know why, but.....
*cough*
their way.....I'll vote turd-sandwich!
Retracted.

Conza88
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Screw that. I'm voting for the dehydrated-baby hot water bottle. That tur(D) sandwich has the wrong letter behind his name!

:eek: Water bottle? lol.
Douche... & Turd Sandwhich comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKJ9O8Rsl4

Lol, yea it is.

Drknows
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
if i had any video skills i would put obama on bill clinton, mccain on bush and ron paul on ross perot. then edit in debates.

Or just make a video with similar questions from all the debates and piece them together to make it look like their debating each other. then have that 92 debate fade in and out.

title Deja Vu All Over Again

malkusm
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
:eek: Water bottle? lol.
Douche... & Turd Sandwhich comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKJ9O8Rsl4

Lol, yea it is.

Ahhhh forgot all about this. Yeah...

Conza88
06-16-2008, 08:06 PM
if i had any video skills i would put obama on bill clinton, mccain on bush and ron paul on ross perot. then edit in debates.

Or just make a video with similar questions from all the debates and piece them together to make it look like their debating each other. then have that 92 debate fade in and out.

title Deja Vu All Over Again

Yep, a comparison with Clinton & Obama would definitely be called for.

Or over the recent history, all the times assclowns have used "change".

AJ Antimony
06-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Watching the first part, this is exactly what it would look like.

"Let's give two minutes to Perot at the beginning, then we'll let the other two debate and NEVER SHOW PEROT for about another 10 minutes."

Scary how much Clinton says "hope and change" and Bush says "experience."

By the way, this gives good insight on how Perot got such support. He used humor, he proclaimed himself as a man of the people, he used common sense and brought the economics to the people in a simple, elementary way. Sometimes I feel like RP goes way over the average American's head....

Good to see someone finally get the point of the thread

berrybunches
06-16-2008, 11:38 PM
OMG

Its like its the same exact situation. This is creepy.

I do not know much about Perot, I was only 8 years old then lol but I remember my mother voted for him and everyone told her "you are wasting your vote, he can't win, hes crazy"

:::shudders:::: Is it hopeless?

Theocrat
06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
I think we all have an idea.

There's the Republican, McCain, who is campaigning pretty much only on his experience.

There's the Democrat, Obama, who uses the word "change" as if he actually means it.

Then there's the "crazy ass third guy," Paul, who is actually liked by more people than voters and who talks the truth whether it'll help him win or not.

Hmmm I wonder when the three of them had this debate (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfuDJu9j2i0&feature=related) because it certainly wasn't recently...
NOTE: I'm referring to part 1 only lol

EDIT: Hint: read post, watch video

It would probably be very similar to this:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/warpeace_dees.jpg

RonPaulFever
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
These debates are very cool to watch. I think I know one reason why GHWB lost that year.....listen to his speech, he speaks in negatives while Clinton talks about hope, change, etc. GHWB comes across as whiny and very dour; Clinton is young, bright and charismatic; Perot is sensible, maybe a tad weird, and relies too much on cliches and old-timey sayings to get his point across.

Conza88
06-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Massive request... For things like this.. of the old school nature... ANYONE prominent, campaigning mentioning "Change"...

It would be much, much appreciated.

Edit:

Found ONE!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiurw9T5p_s

Keep them coming? :)

AJ Antimony
06-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Massive request... For things like this.. of the old school nature... ANYONE prominent, campaigning mentioning "Change"...

It would be much, much appreciated.

Edit:

Found ONE!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiurw9T5p_s

Keep them coming? :)

What's amazing is that people know politicians say the same things every election year and yet they keep voting for them... the times and incumbents tell them whether to vote D or R.

AJ Antimony
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
OMG

Its like its the same exact situation. This is creepy.

I do not know much about Perot, I was only 8 years old then lol but I remember my mother voted for him and everyone told her "you are wasting your vote, he can't win, hes crazy"

:::shudders:::: Is it hopeless?

H Ross Perot is a freakin billionaire, and that's how he was able to run independent for president. He's sorta like the Ron Paul of 1992 except different on the issues and nowhere near as "extreme" as Paul. He was able to win 19% of the vote, 0 electoral votes, and some say this alone is what gave the election to Clinton.

Conza88
06-17-2008, 05:52 PM
H Ross Perot is a freakin billionaire, and that's how he was able to run independent for president. He's sorta like the Ron Paul of 1992 except different on the issues and nowhere near as "extreme" as Paul. He was able to win 19% of the vote, 0 electoral votes, and some say this alone is what gave the election to Clinton.

Yea I believe the only reason they let him in, was the billionaire fact. They couldn't say no to a billionaire, when thats one of the false paradigms - "You need money for the msm to cover you / compete etc." Which is fken bull... Ron Paul disproved that emphatically. The only reason they let him in, was too keep that paradigm going, along with the fact that he could never compete with the free 24hrs a day, 7 days a week news coverage offered to the main parties.

Also I'm guessing, Perot never really talked about getting rid of the Federal Reserve or the IRS? Going back to a gold standard?

AJ Antimony
06-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Yea I believe the only reason they let him in, was the billionaire fact. They couldn't say no to a billionaire, when thats one of the false paradigms - "You need money for the msm to cover you / compete etc." Which is fken bull... Ron Paul disproved that emphatically. The only reason they let him in, was too keep that paradigm going, along with the fact that he could never compete with the free 24hrs a day, 7 days a week news coverage offered to the main parties.

Also I'm guessing, Perot never really talked about getting rid of the Federal Reserve or the IRS? Going back to a gold standard?

Polls are more likely the definite reason why Perot was let in the debates. At one point he was leading in the polls so it would look terrible for the media to ignore a candidate who at one time was in the lead.

As for IRS/Fed, I'm not sure if he talked about them. I'd imagine he didn't but personally would like to see them gone.

Conza88
06-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Polls are more likely the definite reason why Perot was let in the debates. At one point he was leading in the polls so it would look terrible for the media to ignore a candidate who at one time was in the lead.

As for IRS/Fed, I'm not sure if he talked about them. I'd imagine he didn't but personally would like to see them gone.

Why didn't the media fudge the polls? lol.. I guess they were just learning how to f--k us over.

AJ Antimony
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Why didn't the media fudge the polls? lol.. I guess they were just learning how to f--k us over.

Hard to sell to the public that a candidate is not liked by the public when it's the public themselves who put him on the ballot

Carole
06-18-2008, 12:10 AM
I remember these debates very well. I really liked Ross Perot and agreed with many things he discussed. I disagreed with a few also. In the final analysis, I am proud to say I voted for Ross Perot and was so disappointed when he lost. I don't recall if I wrote him in or if he was still on the ballot, but I was thrilled to vote for him.

I believe our country would be better off today had he been elected. On the other hand, we would not have had Ron Paul in this presidential race this year had Perot won in in 1992. And that means I might not have known who Dr. Paul is which would have been unfortunate.

Carole
06-18-2008, 12:15 AM
In the 1992 debates there was complete fairness and equal time for the candidates. Considering these debates are now run by the two main parties who have complete control and wish to maintain that control,we may never again see that fairness.

Carole
06-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Perot said in the debate the Fed should remain independent. He failed to see the need to get rid of it. However, if he were President, he would possibly have come to change his mind and want to get rid of them.

Those debates were almost a replay of what we are hearing today from Obama and McInSane. Ron Paul would have been the one lone voice of truth to power, better than Ross Perot, even though I liked Perot and voted for him.

Carole
06-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh, wow! That graphic is perfect. Great! :D

AJ Antimony
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Those debates were almost a replay of what we are hearing today from Obama and McInSane.

My point exactly :)

acptulsa
06-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Yea I believe the only reason they let him in, was the billionaire fact. They couldn't say no to a billionaire, when thats one of the false paradigms - "You need money for the msm to cover you / compete etc."

Actually, they let him in very unwillingly because of public pressure. Perot was being systematically ignored in the manner to which we are accustomed. But, because he was a billionaire, he was able to buy nationwide airtime, sometimes in prime time, and go on camera with home made pie charts and what not and get himself some exposure.

He stormed the MSM fortress the old fashioned way--he rented it! They were dead set against exposing his ideas to the light of day until he bribed them substantially to let him be heard.

AJ Antimony
06-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Actually, they let him in very unwillingly because of public pressure. Perot was being systematically ignored in the manner to which we are accustomed. But, because he was a billionaire, he was able to buy nationwide airtime, sometimes in prime time, and go on camera with home made pie charts and what not and get himself some exposure.

He stormed the MSM fortress the old fashioned way--he rented it! They were dead set against exposing his ideas to the light of day until he bribed them substantially to let him be heard.

Now hold on there... public pressure is pressure from the public, not necessarily from the dollar. Any candidate could make the debates if they had enough people behind them. In Perot's case, he had to spend a lot of money on ads to get those people.

Conza88
06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Now hold on there... public pressure is pressure from the public, not necessarily from the dollar. Any candidate could make the debates if they had enough people behind them. In Perot's case, he had to spend a lot of money on ads to get those people.

Correct.. He's a billionaire for crying out loud. Anyone got records of his campaign expenditure? And maybe use an inflation calculator to see what that would be in today's terms.

AJ Antimony
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Correct.. He's a billionaire for crying out loud. Anyone got records of his campaign expenditure? And maybe use an inflation calculator to see what that would be in today's terms.

Good idea