PDA

View Full Version : Michael Badnarik: "Lighting the Fires of Liberty" at the Revolution Freedom Festival!

kittyc
06-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Michael will be giving his "Introduction to the Constitution" course at the Revolution 4 Freedom Festival in Sturgis, S.D. Course usually costs $250.00 but is being offered for $100.00 only at the festival. A 60% Savings!! Sign up now. You don't want to miss this!!

For Details:

http://www.revolution4freedom.com/images/badnarikworkshop.jpg

http://www.revolution4freedom.com/schedule.htm#badnarik

http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/

tonesforjonesbones
06-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I love that guy. I bought the book/cd set and i am going to start classes in my town open to the public. TONES

mport1
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Nice, Badnarik is the guy that brought me to libertarianism.

Danke
06-16-2008, 04:06 PM
60% off! What a patriot!

Danke
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUXGOqO1r0

tonesforjonesbones
06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I wish Badnarik would run again after Bob Barr..I'd campaign for him ...I'm campaigning for Barr this go round. Badnarik told me he'd move to antartica before he'd run for office again...tooo bad. TONES

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
looking forward to going,but Ron Paul better be going , we have a CAMPAIGN FOR LIBERTY AND HE IS STILL NEEDED:)

demolama
06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Badnarik's class is a great starter class into understanding the Constitution. I bought his book in 2004 and watched his class thats on the net. The differences between rights and privileges are spot on as well as most of his assertions of each article of the Constitution itself. Badnarik's class is pretty good overall but there are a few of his assertions I disagree on though.

1. MCO for cars allows you to own your car instead of the state. I've never heard of anyone having this done and having it changing their outcome from the state ever taking their car from them.
2. The idea that the original missing 13th amendment would have barred lawyers from public service. I won't deny that this amendment might truly be ratified and ignored but the idea that it would bar lawyers is no where to be found in the ideas backing its creation. Its just an assumption.
3. The idea that every person is sovereign thus above the law. Read John Taylor of Caroline and other anti-federalist. They recognized that it was the people as a whole making up the state that was sovereign not the people separate.
4. The idea that driving is a right due to freedom to travel. At one point it was but once the government started to pave the roads it stopped being free. They pave... you pay... you don't pay you don't get to use their roads. Even Judge Napolitano agrees with this assertion that its no longer a right. You can still travel by other means you just may not use the roads without a license or tags.

I'd have to re-read his book and listen to his class again to see if there were other stuff I disagreed on... but overall I think it was because of Badnarik's class I began to investigate the Constitution myself. If it hadn't been for him I would have never read anything by John Taylor of Caroline or St. George Tucker.

I love Ron Paul and Micheal Badnarik to death for their commitment to educate the people but neither touch the writings of the men who were there in 1776 and 1789 that helped to shape the founding principles and who better understand the meanings behind their actions. In these writings, in my opinion, is where the true American spirit of federalism lives. Without them you can not fully understand the actions of Jefferson and his allies

Danke
06-16-2008, 09:50 PM
1. MCO for cars allows you to own your car instead of the state. I've never heard of anyone having this done and having it changing their outcome from the state ever taking their car from them.

MCO or MSO. Many "drive" their cars without tags. Is it an occasional hassle educating local "authorities", yes. But they do it.

4. The idea that driving is a right due to freedom to travel. At one point it was but once the government started to pave the roads it stopped being free. They pave... you pay... you don't pay you don't get to use their roads. Even Judge Napolitano agrees with this assertion that its no longer a right. You can still travel by other means you just may not use the roads without a license or tags.

How is it free? Gas tax should pay for the roads. Of course local residents get stuck with some of the expense through other taxes in many cases.

Nobody pays for the air or airways, is travel by aircraft a privilege too?

So freedom of movement doesn't exist in your scenario. If they pave everything, that right can disappear. So government can eliminate rights by just getting involved. Super.

Public road?!?!

Have the Supreme court cases been over turned that said you have the right to travel? Only with dirt roads does such right exist?

UFB.

brandon
06-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I wish he would run for president again...

I called him and tried to convince him to seek the LP nod but he wasn't having it.

The One
06-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I wish he would wear white tennis shoes with a button-down shirt and tie more often. I thought it looked great in his constitution class on youtube.

demolama
06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
How is it free? Gas tax should pay for the roads. Of course local residents get stuck with some of the expense through other taxes in many cases.

Nobody pays for the air or airways, is travel by aircraft a privilege too?

So freedom of movement doesn't exist in your scenario. If they pave everything, that right can disappear. So government can eliminate rights by just getting involved. Super.

Public road?!?!

Have the Supreme court cases been over turned that said you have the right to travel? Only with dirt roads does such right exist?

UFB.
Maybe I wasnt clear... no one is arguing you don't have a right to travel... you can travel freely from Ny to Ca in any way you choose... air, sea, land. The problem lies with the fact that in order to use the roads that are paved by tax money you must adhere to the laws that govern. In essence the government took over the roads and claimed them for themselves because they do the upkeep and work for them. Which means in order to drive on the government paved roads you need a license and tags. Nothing stops you from riding with someone in their car. You are still free to travel to any state. No one stops you from entering Utah.

Trust me for years I've thought about it from your perspective and for years I used to agree that a right to travel should not be hindered by any means. I recently took up the side of the state on this one... but truth be told I'm still torn between the two ideas... its the least of my disagreements with Badnarik... should anyone have an unrestricted right to travel ... yes I think they do... but how would they pay to upkeep the roads... with gas prices high... no one wants to pay a higher tax to upkeep?

SLSteven
06-17-2008, 12:38 AM
So freedom of movement doesn't exist in your scenario. If they pave everything, that right can disappear.

Don't give them any ideas.

Conza88
06-17-2008, 04:23 AM
I wish he would wear white tennis shoes with a button-down shirt and tie more often. I thought it looked great in his constitution class on youtube.

With longsleeve purple shirt. Hahah :D

Joseph Hart
06-17-2008, 05:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUXGOqO1r0

Is there a 1 part long video of this instead of 42 parts?