PDA

View Full Version : Are you all members of the Campaign for Liberty yet?

christagious
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Goal is 100,000 members and we still need over 46,000. Sign up and spread the word

WRellim
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
How can you be a member of a blog?

Maybe a lot of other people are waiting to see if it turns into anything OTHER than just a blog... there are thousands ...no, millions of Blogs out there... yet I don't feel an overwhelming urge to donate money to them or give them my email address; why would I?

Deborah K
06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Yep, I'm member. :)

micahnelson
06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I joined. I am cautiously optimistic that this will be a turning point for us. We need to get involved to prevent it from becoming a personality cult around any one person.

This is in no way meant to belittle anyone involved, but if any single person is the driving force behind this, it will fail. We need a broad group of people who have many political views, with liberty underscoring them all.

Anyone who believes in less government, more freedom, lower taxes, and free markets should feel very welcome.

If we don't get broad involvement, and tie it together with local action in some way, it will end up being Ron Paul's campaign staff and Trevor deciding if a Bonus Army Rebellion themed money bomb would be politically acceptable.

Nobody should be criticizing the CFL yet as it is still in its infancy. We have a chance to mold it, so lets get involved.

tekkierich
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
All of the members of my campaign team are. Join up!

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
There's no excuse for anyone active on these forums to not join!

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Nope, want more org info and details first.

adara7537
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Yep

ItsTime
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
How can you be a member of a blog?

Maybe a lot of other people are waiting to see if it turns into anything OTHER than just a blog... there are thousands ...no, millions of Blogs out there... yet I don't feel an overwhelming urge to donate money to them or give them my email address; why would I?

Pretty good excuse right there.

But yes I signed up.

pcosmar
06-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Yup, first night right after the live message from Ron Paul.

Last i checked it was over 50,000 signed up. :D

Michigan11
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Just signed up. I'm spreading the word to many others as well and am hopeful this can move this revolution forward.

Thank you to all the patriots on this board and in this country for continuing to fight!

micahnelson
06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Nope, want more org info and details first.

It doesnt exist yet. I think it is kind of ours to sculpt by getting involved. If we don't want it to be top down, we need to take up the mantle.

Bruno
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Yup, first night right after the live message from Ron Paul.

Last i checked it was over 50,000 signed up. :D

Me, too. That video invite was all it took for me.

Slightly cautious, very optimistic.

WRellim
06-16-2008, 08:35 PM

There are PLENTY of reasons why people should be cautious.

If this is ACTUALLY going to be an organization run by Ron Paul... well, Ron Paul already HAS all of my contact info, including email, etc.

If this organization is going to be run by a bunch of other people (including Trevor Lyman now) -- then I want to know a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE about the organization, what it is, who runs it, etc...

Then... once I know who is running it, and see something MORE than a "blog" -- then I will think about it.

And they won't get any donation money from me until I see if it being spent in and EFFECTIVE and RESPONSIBLE manner.

The $4 Million plus that is leftover from the RP campaign should be enough to fund some SUBSTANTIAL WORK... a heckuva lot more than a blog. Once we see what they do with THAT MONEY... they can ask for more... til then, my wallet is closed.

Because Baldwin and local candidates desperately need money... much more than Trevor and Frazee do.

ItsTime
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
There are PLENTY of reasons why people should be cautious.

If this is ACTUALLY going to be an organization run by Ron Paul... well, Ron Paul already HAS all of my contact info, including email, etc.

If this organization is going to be run by a bunch of other people (including Trevor Lyman now) -- then I want to know a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE about the organization, what it is, who runs it, etc...

Then... once I know who is running it, and see something MORE than a "blog" -- then I will think about it.

And they won't get any donation money from me until I see if it being spent in and EFFECTIVE and RESPONSIBLE manner.

The $4 Million plus that is leftover from the RP campaign should be enough to fund some SUBSTANTIAL WORK... a heckuva lot more than a blog. Once we see what they do with THAT MONEY... they can ask for more... til then, my wallet is closed.

Because Baldwin and local candidates desperately need money... much more than Trevor and Frazee do.

careful, Trevors "lawyer" is going to come and blame me because you are skeptical.

WRellim
06-16-2008, 11:22 PM
careful, Trevors "lawyer" is going to come and blame me because you are skeptical.

I mean nothing against Lyman in particular... mainly just that I do not believe Ron Paul will be very active with this organization; I think he will be almost completely "hands-off."

I which case... all bets are off as to what it will end up becoming. Even Bob Barr's campaign may do more for Liberty. (And if you know what I think of Bob Barr, well...)

Pauls' Revere
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I joined. I am cautiously optimistic that this will be a turning point for us. We need to get involved to prevent it from becoming a personality cult around any one person.

This is in no way meant to belittle anyone involved, but if any single person is the driving force behind this, it will fail. We need a broad group of people who have many political views, with liberty underscoring them all.

Anyone who believes in less government, more freedom, lower taxes, and free markets should feel very welcome.

If we don't get broad involvement, and tie it together with local action in some way, it will end up being Ron Paul's campaign staff and Trevor deciding if a Bonus Army Rebellion themed money bomb would be politically acceptable.

Nobody should be criticizing the CFL yet as it is still in its infancy. We have a chance to mold it, so lets get involved.

Ronald Reagan said something like a broad tent or a large umbrella. But yeah the great idea keep it simple like "Liberty and Freedom for All".

KEEF
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I signed up once Ron Paul finished up with his message online.

revolutionman
06-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I joined this morning.

asgardshill
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
If I start getting spam at the throwaway email address I provided to CFL, I'll know where it came from and WHO SENT IT. I too mean to hang back and wait to see what CFL becomes before jumping in with both feet. Thank spammers and virus writers for this.

Sally08
06-17-2008, 04:49 PM
The HQ donation page allowed people to opt-out of their name flashing online (once or in some sort of loop?)

I certainly wouldn't want my real name and state flashed online, given what I know comes up with online searches about my actual address and full birthday!

What's the first thing we tell our kids about the Internet? Don't give out private information, like your name!

The only way I would even consider "joining" CFL (like all my e-mail subscriptions to 60-70 MSM or activist organizations) would be to use a made-up name and zip code.

Also, subscribing is *not* the same as being a "member". Consequently, aren't "member count" posts as misleading as MSM statements that McCain had the nomination before national delegates were elected?

How many anti-CFL people have subscribed, just to see "what the enemy is planning", particularly for MN, just as they monitor RPFs, DP, and other sources?

And how many have subscribed, as I have to the MSM newsletters and news alerts, just to get a cross-sampling of news sources?

Ogren
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Not yet. I'm gonna go sign up now tho!

countrykidz4freedom
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I signed up, been telling everyone about it, everybody is excited about it and says they are signing. It doesn't cost anything to sign up. I will donate later, but I heard Ron Paul say they are working on getting members right now, not focused on the money. We have the website listed on our vehicle with glass chalk also.

Godfather89
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
What we need to do is Bookmark this website and the C4L Website as well. These another Grassroots projects associated with C4L as well as other Liberty-Friendly, Self-Reliance Friendly websites as well.

For example, every Ron Paul video I see what I do is "StumbleUpon" bookmark it and tag it. It is is really important I bookmark it with Digg and Reddit as well. With the donations we give we should pay for further internet advertisement as well. We need to sell it, and mean what we say (Corrupt Politicians talk about Change and Sell The Logo) we are to have substance behind The Form. The more people the better.

On my more spiritually engaged forums that I participate in what I have done is proved a crucial point:

We must wake up people who are stuck in the "American Idol: Life is Good" mentality before it is too late. Think about it:

The Elite Cause The Problems -> We React The way They Want Us To -> The Elite Provide a Solution
(Problem, Reaction, Solution)

If we catch peoples minds before the problem goes through than we can divert this stream from their intended reaction and future solution to a reaction and a solution in the name of freedom.

Now Ron Paul has done that, when the Bailout problem came about it caught the media's attention, amazingly Ron Paul was on Mass Media TV how many times? So what we do is simple, predict the outcome "plant a seed" in as many people as possible, so that way when the problem finally does come about others with the "seed" of knowing this will turn and look to Ron Paul as well, and This Campaign For Liberty Revolution Movement.