PDA

View Full Version : DNC to Block FLA from National Convention if they Move their Primary up.

Dave
08-26-2007, 11:21 AM
The DNC just slapped Florida for trying to move their primary up to Jan. 29 by stripping all their delegates if they go through with it.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070826/NEWS09/70825059/1001/RSS01

The primary/caucus calendar is sure to keep changing so stay tuned...

Also, some states may try to change their primary/caucus to restrict participation to those who have been registered party members for some amount of time. To minimize the chances of a disappointing surprise, pay attention to what your state is doing and register as a Republican ASAP to support Ron Paul.

fj45lvr
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah the DNC is still upset with them since they were too stupid to properly use butterfly ballots.

peacemonger
08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I heard about this. I live in Florida. I'm thinking that it might make it easier for me to get more Dems to switch parties to vote for Paul. Their primary votes for the Democratic candidates might not count for anything now anyway.

This is the kind of strategy that could expand the pie and grow the republican party in Florida. If large numbers switch parties to vote for Paul, he may start to get some more respect.