PDA

View Full Version : Sound off! Does this revolution live and die with Ron Paul???

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Hell no! Ron Paul cured my apathy. I loved his humble, truth teller approach and the energy and passion of his supporters. He was a sorely needed breath of fresh air and contrast to our one party system. Even more so for you long time libertarians.

So he's out of the race. Did we expect more? Before the primaries, he was polling at 2%. I'd say he far exceeded expectations. Yes I'm disappointed he didn't get the nomination but healthy and true progress takes time and I see it. The battleground is in the mind and the numbers don't lie.

Now we'll find out who really supports the revolution and who just bandwagoned on the man.

So now we look to a new wave of up and coming politicians at all levels with his philosophy. Who are they?

Mahkato
06-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Who are they?

PaulCongress.com (http://www.paulcongress.com/)
LibertyCongress.org (http://www.libertycongress.org/)
CampaignForLiberty.org (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/)

matthylland
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Dr. Paul has encouraged so many people to run for office, either local, state or national that I just dont see this going away too soon. There will be more people to rally around than ever.

Primbs
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
We will do well.

Primbs
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
We will do well. Plenty of people are getting involved.

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 12:45 PM
We will do well. Plenty of people are getting involved.

I hope so. I've learned quite a bit about myself. I'm not just a disgruntled democrat who is pissed off about war, or a disgruntled neo-con pissed off that we're not winning. I do not yawn with the collective when I see individual liberties taken away. I abhor the trend among so-called civil libertarians focusing more on "social freedoms" rather than invidual rights: Extending privileges to groups and believing the Constitution only gave rights to "groups" rather than individuals who are part of a broad group known as humanity. Right now, all the debate in Washington is whether Christians (a group) should be allowed to put biblical phrases on public buildings, or whether to give homosexuals marriage rights or not, whether Corporations (another group) should be able to have your property given to them for the common good while they collectively yawn at the disappearance of individual rights to property, life, fair trials, privacy, arms, and the right to keep the fruits of our labor, etc.

Thanks for the links. I'm in this for the long haul.

Kalifornia
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Paul is not the movement. There is another candidate coming who will actually be capable of winning elections.

Anti Federalist
06-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Mongoose wrote:

So he's out of the race. Did we expect more? Before the primaries, he was polling at 2%.

You know, as grim as things can be, sometimes a little perspective helps.

You are quite right, he went into this thing polling at 2-3% and finished in the low 20s.

Not a win at all, not even close, but an upward trend, which is something to be positive about.

rich34
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Unless Ron, or possibly Rand runs again in 2012 I hate to say it but yes it might just die. One of the biggest attractions to Ron is the fact that he hasn't really changed over the 30 some years he's been in politics. He's arguably the most principled and honest politican in the last 100 years. Who else is out there that has this type of track record????

Ron's name is now out there it's just to bad he'll be 76 years old the next time a presidential election comes around.

And whoever the "other" candidate is that will be capable of winning elections he probably has NO name recognition (unless it's Rand) and will start out exactly as Ron did and by the time most people find out who he is it will be to late. We should pray to God in Heaven that he keeps Ron in good health and just maybe he can make another run at this.

Kalifornia
06-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Unless Ron, or possibly Rand runs again in 2012 I hate to say it but yes it might just die. One of the biggest attractions to Ron is the fact that he hasn't really changed over the 30 some years he's been in politics. He's arguably the most principled and honest politican in the last 100 years. Who else is out there that has this type of track record????

Ron's name is now out there it's just to bad he'll be 76 years old the next time a presidential election comes around.

And whoever the "other" candidate is that will be capable of winning elections he probably has NO name recognition (unless it's Rand) and will start out exactly as Ron did and by the time most people find out who he is it will be to late. We should pray to God in Heaven that he keeps Ron in good health and just maybe he can make another run at this.

I disagree. Look at the Goldwater/Reagan example. Ron needs some charismatic disciples who can win general elections. It can happen, we just need to keep pushing.

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Mongoose wrote:

You know, as grim as things can be, sometimes a little perspective helps.

You are quite right, he went into this thing polling at 2-3% and finished in the low 20s.

Not a win at all, not even close, but an upward trend, which is something to be positive about.

Me too. I don't expect instant gratification. We have a large population who has been indoctrinated through media, politicians and public education that the government needs to take care of us from cradle to grave, that a person is too stupid to be allowed to be free, and that we must wage permanent war for permanent peace.

I am a neo-con convert and it didn't happen in a day or even a year: It was a process of winning my heart and mind. The true battleground is in the hearts and minds of the person you see across the street.

Ron Paul didn't convert me, it was the truth and philosophy he and others shared.

newyearsrevolution08
06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
this will do everything BUT go away. Ron Paul simply brought the message of liberty which is something that will continue with or without Ron.

amy31416
06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
The revolution goes on, at least it does with all of us being vigilant and participating.

See this thread to show one area where we can easily improve: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143214

ronpaulhawaii
06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
:D

Its like a balance between how fast we want it, and how hard we want to fight.

onward and forward

:)

armstrong
06-16-2008, 02:07 PM
No it shall not end it is just the beginning-but we do need perspective. alot of work and good acomplishments have been made and more than we have acomplished yet is still to be done. the problem as I see it is this takes time---in winning hearts and minds,the media, and fighting those (big corportations,big goverment,and those in control)-to actually get in place to change policy..........all states are forced to provide schooling for illegals-healthcare-housing that is just one big burden, the virtual collapse of the dollar,mortgage crises, credit crises, and of course the energy crises and not to even mention the 50 plus trillion dollar social security crises now coming upon us ,let alone maintaining our of shore Empire as the good doctor put it. SO DO WE HAVE 4 MORE YEARS TO WAIT ?????????? WHAT DOES A GOOD PATRIOT SAY TO THIS ???? I say hell no , cause can the dollar go down any further ? well yes to zero !!!!!
then what then !!!!! total cauos ! those that have , a small percent and the rest ????? how does a nation that hardly builds or makes anything anymore provide for a nation of 300 million people when we would have no currency, no fuel, and no factories???? let alone feed the people ? so I say no we do not have 4 more years.....it seems the sleeping giant is wakeing up - huh yea always at the last moment , this is 4th quarter with 10 min. left and we need 5 touchdowns to win..it can happen, but it has to be front page news day in and day out and big we have alittle time not a long time.. is the blimp going to the march and st.Paul?
How can we get Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul and Dennise K and Bob Barr,Baldwin, Ralph Nadar and Rose Perrow to hold a Patriot Summit! and invite Lou Dobbs, Larry king to watch and report. And we have this also in ST Paul with the blimp and all of us there the same time as the republican conventon and since I am dreaming or am I?? Mr Rose has money and so do we for a while anyway could we have our convention for 3 days also ? could this be the one big thing that the whole nation sees and responds too?????

No this does not end with Ron Paul----but how long do we have really be honest???

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
AS long as it remains a grassroots movement, it won't die. Revolution starts from the bottom up. The "leadership" will follow.

For now, we have too many people who will vote for polticians that will prmote our empire, government power and the welfare state. Forget debating with politicians, academians or the media. Mention individual liberty to them and you'll get horselaugh and anecdotes of some crazy wife beating gun toting maniac Christian as proof that a person is too stupid to be free.

But if you mention "social freedom" like ratifying or denying gay marriage in federal law, or allowing a religious group the privilege of violating separation of church and state, or any protected or privileged group. then the debate is on.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
sorry was sounding off and did not use sp.chk.

RPTXState
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I disagree. Look at the Goldwater/Reagan example. Ron needs some charismatic disciples who can win general elections. It can happen, we just need to keep pushing.

http://www.bringthemhome08.com/bj.jpg'
http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/6/d/b/global_3338619.jpeg

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
bump

tajitj
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
We have 1.2 Million people who voted for him and now we need one to step up next election.

A Republican, who is willing to say he supported him that walks the walk and talks the talk. Not a politician who sugar coats everything he thinks Paul says thats controversial.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
hope we are able to vote in 2012

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
We have 1.2 Million people who voted for him and now we need one to step up next election.

A Republican, who is willing to say he supported him that walks the walk and talks the talk. Not a politician who sugar coats everything he thinks Paul says thats controversial.

A wise warning. I would not approve of diluting the message for quicker and greater mainstream appeal. I'm glad Ron Paul didn't sell out or compromise his beliefs, rather he made it clear he would not support any of the Republican candidates.

Fear and impatience, the dark side are they my young Jedi.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
bump

mport1
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Nope, the cause of liberty is eternal.

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Nope, the cause of liberty is eternal.

It might really be that simple. If there's one thing most people abhor, it's being told what to do. Our message does have a deeply rooted appeal. Maybe the "revolutionary spirit" our founding fathers spoke of is still there, lying dormant in many.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 04:28 PM
When the economy is shaken down to its foundations...

They will ask for Ron Paul.

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 05:05 PM
When the economy is shaken down to its foundations...

They will ask for Ron Paul.

I hope not.

Right now we're still hearing, as recently as a week ago from the government bankrolled economic analysts that there is no recession, no problem and that inflation is under control...

of course they stop right before: "for the 1% upper crust."

Meanwhile my groceries and energy prices are skyrocketing. Our dollar is crashing. Unemployment is rising, and economic growth is stagnant. "Oh the GDP still grew by .6%" We're never told what the real GDP is (adjusted for natural inflation.) Otherwise the public will know we have negative growth and therefore are in a recession.

What Ron Paul and the experts (who are not publicly bankrolled) say about the current economy, and what I have read in history, truly concerns me...and these days I am not an alarmist by any stretch.

There is no recession. Does that mean there is no spoon?

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I hope not.

Right now we're still hearing, as recently as a week ago from the government bankrolled economic analysts that there is no recession, no problem and that inflation is under control...

of course they stop right before: "for the 1% upper crust."

Meanwhile my groceries and energy prices are skyrocketing. Our dollar is crashing. Unemployment is rising, and economic growth is stagnant. "Oh the GDP still grew by .6%" We're never told what the real GDP is (adjusted for natural inflation.) Otherwise the public will know we have negative growth and therefore are in a recession.

What Ron Paul and the experts (who are not publicly bankrolled) say about the current economy, and what I have read in history, truly concerns me...and these days I am not an alarmist by any stretch.

There is no recession. Does that mean there is no spoon?

Government figures lie.

Lock up your lease, secure your job, stay liquid.

Don't listen to me. Listen to the pundits.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
speaking of what you see all around you is not being an alarmist at all.
People need to know they need to take care of themselves.
people are sheep for the most part they need a hero that can win, We are in the late 4th quarter on fixing what is wrong,-------not to be alarmist--

Its not that people will not support a third party,they just dont like for the most part either of the 2 party system ,they are frustrated and a man comes along like Obama and says the word CHANGE and the follow..without even knowing anything.....cause a third party cant win.until NOW

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
speaking of what you see all around you is not being an alarmist at all.
People need to know they need to take care of themselves.
people are sheep for the most part they need a hero that can win, We are in the late 4th quarter on fixing what is wrong,-------not to be alarmist--

Its not that people will not support a third party,they just dont like for the most part either of the 2 party system ,they are frustrated and a man comes along like Obama and says the word CHANGE and the follow..without even knowing anything.....cause a third party cant win.until NOW

The economy is rotten.

Educate yourself.

Or deal with the consequences.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 05:53 PM
yea I know its what I have been saying, So many I speak to say they do not vote because, my vote does not matter so they dont vote.
Also I feel we do not have 4 more years of the current state of affairs

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Government figures lie.

Lock up your lease, secure your job, stay liquid.

Don't listen to me. Listen to the pundits.

I do listen to them.

Another thing: I am DEBT FREE!!!

malkusm
06-16-2008, 06:39 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=106779

Pretty much sums up where I stand.

Mongoose470
06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=106779

Pretty much sums up where I stand.

You are wise beyond your years.