PDA

View Full Version : So McCain sent me a letter for money...

Ibgamer
06-15-2008, 09:04 PM
They even included a bumper sticker and an envelope with a "no postage" necessary return. I wrote on the paper they provided a big " I cannot/will not support a candidate who not only offers more of the same, but also treated Ron Paul with no respect in any of the televised debates. Ron Paul is the only republican that will receive money from this household."

Steven (Last name)
Shellie (Last name)
Registered Republicans

Carole
06-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Good for you.

Hey, why not draw a big, fat red diagonal line through that bumper sticker and write on it "Just say No" to McInSane. :D

speciallyblend
06-15-2008, 09:42 PM
i hope i get a letter;) but i doubt ,hell i made the list in colorado(blacklist), POWER TO THE PEOPLE, I'm on a list? hehe i must of done something right:)

LibertyEagle
06-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Lol

NEPA_Revolution
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I saw someone in my neighborhood knocking on doors trying to drum up support for McWamnesty, and I had the 2x4 signs out. They knocked on the doors with hillary and obama around the street then saw my house and walked right by. It was hilarious.

I was going to walk outside, freak him out and give him a DVD, but by the time I thought of that he was like 4 houses away and I didnt feel like chasing after a neocon

qh4dotcom
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Why would McCain staff send you a letter plus bumper sticker?

You might want to sell the sticker on Ebay.

robert4rp08
06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Nice response. I hope that I get one

asgardshill
06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Write him a check for 1c. It'll cost more for them to cash it than the penny's worth.

robert4rp08
06-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Write him a check for 1c. It'll cost more for them to cash it than the penny's worth.

Haha. Write in the memo that "By the time you cash this in, it will be worth as much as you... absolutely nothing."

AJ Antimony
06-15-2008, 10:09 PM
McCain must have only old people voting for him because I haven't seen ANY McCain supporters out in society.

satchelmcqueen
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
McCain must have only old people voting for him because I haven't seen ANY McCain supporters out in society.

i havent either.

NBTxn4RP
06-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Shoot, I don't know who's really supporting him, because even the old people ran into at our state convention didn't really like him.

As a matter-of-fact, one of the delegate who ran for, and won a national delegate seat, said in her speech that "McCain wasn't her first choice. Don't laugh because you know he wasn't your first choice either!" I heard this was a common theme amongst delegates at the convention.

Unfortunately she will do her Republican duty...as will most everyone else...out of loyalty to the party.

fr33domfightr
06-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Shoot, I don't know who's really supporting him, because even the old people ran into at our state convention didn't really like him.

As a matter-of-fact, one of the delegate who ran for, and won a national delegate seat, said in her speech that "McCain wasn't her first choice. Don't laugh because you know he wasn't your first choice either!" I heard this was a common theme amongst delegates at the convention.

Unfortunately she will do her Republican duty...as will most everyone else...out of loyalty to the party.

I've done the Party thing for many years. In the fall they always want everyone to rally around the nominee, even if they aren't the best choice. I'm tired of doing that, and I really don't expect much from the nominee at all, at least as far as conservativism goes. I really thought most voters would have figured this out by now. It's time to put up or shut up!

FF

NBTxn4RP
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I will certainly not be rallying either...and what I don't get is, if McCain was not anyone's first choice, why is he left as our only choice?

Anyhow, as I told someone at our state convention, at some point you have to stop voting for the lesser of two evils, and vote your conscience...and I cannot in good conscience vote for McCain. The guy I told this to actually seemed to be considering this...

Ibgamer
06-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Should I sell his bumper sticker before it becomes virtually worthless?

hypnagogue
06-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Ooo I hope they send me one. I wanna return pointy comments too!

Miexon
06-16-2008, 02:46 AM
better yet take a dump in the letter and send it back. Shitty campaign = shitty donation :)

ingrid
06-16-2008, 02:53 AM
When I was working a table this Saturday, one of the Republicans there stated that he received a letter from Obama asking for money. He said he was going to fill it with monopoly money and a 3-dollar Bill Clinton bill. With no postage necessary envelopes, I wonder if those sort of things happen a lot.

nobody's_hero
06-16-2008, 05:59 AM
If I get one, I'm sending it back with no money and a copy of the U.S. Constitution.

malkusm
06-16-2008, 06:01 AM
It makes you wonder - if there are no McCain supporters visible in public or at the conventions, how did he win all these early primary states?

Remember when the race was Huckabee vs. Romney in Iowa, and McCain was dead in the water....and then the newspaper in Des Moines endorsed him, and then the Boston Herald, and then the major New Hampshire newspapers, and the media started covering him, and....

Yeah, all seems as fishy now as it did then.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 06:06 AM
I am secure in the knowledge, that Bush/Cheney instructions would be followed by McCain and his out-dated meandering supporters.

freedom-maniac
06-16-2008, 06:58 AM
If I get one, I'm sending it back with no money and a copy of the U.S. Constitution.

Yeah, more fire kindling for the McCain Train.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah, more fire kindling for the McCain Train.

What's left? What Constitution?

God bless the corporate / fascist state.

SteveMartin
06-16-2008, 08:50 AM
I had a McCainiac call me a few days ago wanting me (of all people) to run Aroostook County, ME for the McCain campaign. I told him I would not vote for McCain if he were the last man on Earth, and then I asked him why he was working for WW III.

I don't think he liked my question very much...

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I had a McCainiac call me a few days ago wanting me (of all people) to run Aroostook County, ME for the McCain campaign. I told him I would not vote for McCain if he were the last man on Earth, and then I asked him why he was working for WW III.

I don't think he liked my question very much...

CHAMPION.

UnReconstructed
06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
It makes you wonder - if there are no McCain supporters visible in public or at the conventions, how did he win all these early primary states?

Remember when the race was Huckabee vs. Romney in Iowa, and McCain was dead in the water....and then the newspaper in Des Moines endorsed him, and then the Boston Herald, and then the major New Hampshire newspapers, and the media started covering him, and....

Yeah, all seems as fishy now as it did then.

Seems like all I ever heard was Romney and Huckabee and then BANG!!! McCain is the nominee.

Fyretrohl
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
'As a supporter of active and proper governance, I will be happy to support John McCain. All that will be required is a document, signed and filed with the courts, that any violation of the Constitution on the part of John McCain will immediately lead to his voluntary removal from office and personal payment to the people who voted for him to renumerate them for his criminal act. Such voluntary resignation and renumeration will not be considered an admittance of guilt in a court of law and would not prevent the people from filing criminal or civil suits. Example violations include, but are not limited to:

1 - Any impairment of the freedom of speech, including bills such as the USA Patriot Act.
2 - Any abuse of the judicial system, including restriction or removal of Habaes Corpus.
3 - Any support of long term imprisonment of any person without proper due process, including access to question their accuser, right to a speedy trial, etc.
4 - Continuation or start of any military action considered or called a War without a specific declaraction of war from the US Congress that specifically lays out the target, the intent, and the reason for the declartion, as well as the specific goals to determine a cessation of hostilities.
5 - Continued presence of our military troops in foreign nations where a declaration of war is not currently in place or the use of our military troops under non US command. This would include UN actions.

Once John McCain is willing to accept these Republican ideals, I will be happy to provide my hard earned money to support his canidacy. Otherwise, I will be left to assume that he intends to continue the criminal activity of the recent Congress and Presidents."

Fyretrohl
06-16-2008, 10:06 AM
You know, my last email was tongue in cheeck. However, it got me thinking. The Letter to the GOP and other efforts are proof of us being stand offish. I think what could be MUCH more effective are efforts to show that we are willing to support McCain and what we expect of him if we do. Yes, it is semantics, since he would never agree to most of them. But, it shows us trying to work with them, instead of work against them. It still has to be well articulated, clear, and not negative or attacking. It would do well to play up some of McCain's strengths and good points, etc.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 10:21 AM
You know, my last email was tongue in cheeck. However, it got me thinking. The Letter to the GOP and other efforts are proof of us being stand offish. I think what could be MUCH more effective are efforts to show that we are willing to support McCain and what we expect of him if we do. Yes, it is semantics, since he would never agree to most of them. But, it shows us trying to work with them, instead of work against them. It still has to be well articulated, clear, and not negative or attacking. It would do well to play up some of McCain's strengths and good points, etc.

Work with neanderthals. Suck the superficial teet.

Be the sacrificial lamb. To the slaughter...

You are a bunny.

Cowlesy
06-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I have a bin in my apartment where I've accumulated RNC, NRSC, RCC, John McCain, Political Victory whatever-fund return envelopes. I'm at about 60, and once I hit 100 (probably September), i'll drop them all in the mail.

$0.41 or so per envelope I think it costs them? Not sure what biz-rates are.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a bin in my apartment where I've accumulated RNC, NRSC, RCC, John McCain, Political Victory whatever-fund return envelopes. I'm at about 60, and once I hit 100 (probably September), i'll drop them all in the mail.

$0.41 or so per envelope I think it costs them? Not sure what biz-rates are.

Cowlesly,

You were the dynamo hummm of Ron Paul.

Respect to you.

JohnMeridith
06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
you can pull the old sending bricks in a box with the no postage return envelope taped on the front

MikeStanart
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I saw someone in my neighborhood knocking on doors trying to drum up support for McWamnesty, and I had the 2x4 signs out. They knocked on the doors with hillary and obama around the street then saw my house and walked right by. It was hilarious.

I was going to walk outside, freak him out and give him a DVD, but by the time I thought of that he was like 4 houses away and I didnt feel like chasing after a neocon

HAHAHA

People treat Ron Paul like the plague!

Rather..... everyone else is the PLAGUE...and they're trying to avoid the CURE!

Johnnybags
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
They even included a bumper sticker and an envelope with a "no postage" necessary return. I wrote on the paper they provided a big " I cannot/will not support a candidate who not only offers more of the same, but also treated Ron Paul with no respect in any of the televised debates. Ron Paul is the only republican that will receive money from this household."

Steven (Last name)
Shellie (Last name)
Registered Republicans

http://content.onlineagency.com/sites/38289/images/same-shit_different-piles.jpg

Fyretrohl
06-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Work with neanderthals. Suck the superficial teet.

Be the sacrificial lamb. To the slaughter...

You are a bunny.
No. Remember, perception is 90% of reality. The other 10% is what people think about a given situation. So, based your response, you are an immovable blockhead who is only capable of childish tantrums and insults and is incapable of trying to work positively to affect a given situation. You find more joy in putting others down than in trying to make the world a better place.

At least, that is the perception you give off with that post. I did not suggest we give in. Nor did I suggest we compromise. Instead, I suggested we act from a positive, instead of a negative aspect. Instead of 'Hell No. You suck. Go away' approach, I suggested a 'We would be glad to help. We have some things that we have to see to be able to help. If we can work on these, then all will be good'. So, either the 'other' side has to admit our points are valid or choose to specificailly kick them ot the side and state they don't want our help. Then, it is not us 'refusing' to help, it is THEM refusing our offered help. Perception...

I guess one question would be, can you <generally, not Ozwest>, explain the difference between the following two statements? They are based on a telephone customer service type situation:

"I am sorry for you had to wait on hold. What do you want?"

"Thank you for your patience. How may I help you?"

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
No. Remember, perception is 90% of reality. The other 10% is what people think about a given situation. So, based your response, you are an immovable blockhead who is only capable of childish tantrums and insults and is incapable of trying to work positively to affect a given situation. You find more joy in putting others down than in trying to make the world a better place.

At least, that is the perception you give off with that post. I did not suggest we give in. Nor did I suggest we compromise. Instead, I suggested we act from a positive, instead of a negative aspect. Instead of 'Hell No. You suck. Go away' approach, I suggested a 'We would be glad to help. We have some things that we have to see to be able to help. If we can work on these, then all will be good'. So, either the 'other' side has to admit our points are valid or choose to specificailly kick them ot the side and state they don't want our help. Then, it is not us 'refusing' to help, it is THEM refusing our offered help. Perception...

I guess one question would be, can you <generally, not Ozwest>, explain the difference between the following two statements? They are based on a telephone customer service type situation:

"I am sorry for you had to wait on hold. What do you want?"

"Thank you for your patience. How may I help you?"

I prefer to treat "Gonads" as equals. You obviously prefer conflict.

My" telephone customer answer service type situation answer," would be, "I am bored shitless.

Thank you for your patience. It is the mark of an educated man to dribble.

Fyretrohl
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Interesting, I am suggesting an approach that avoids the combative tone we are accussed of having and suggesting a more positive approach that would also serve the function of placing the others as 'refusing' to work together. So, it would appear that you are not understanding the suggestion and are just dismissing it out of hand.

ItsTime
06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
put a letter in in with a check. "I will not support a neo-con" and have the check made out for two cents.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Interesting, I am suggesting an approach that avoids the combative tone we are accussed of having and suggesting a more positive approach that would also serve the function of placing the others as 'refusing' to work together. So, it would appear that you are not understanding the suggestion and are just dismissing it out of hand.

Some people shake their heads and make dismissive jokes. There is no way of predicting outcomes.

Perhaps a collective yawn...

Lord Xar
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
same here. I just tear of a piece of paper and write..

"McCain is a RINO and wants Amnesty and Open borders for his special interest handlers. I will not support someone who prefers the will of special interests over the American Citizen".

and I send it back.

aknappjr
06-16-2008, 10:58 PM
I got a picture of McCain and his wife in a big envelope. I wrote back that I would financially support McCain if he adopted Paul's platform.

SLSteven
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Tell him to ask his wife for the money.

qh4dotcom
06-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Look at what this guy did...how about sending McCain a $1 dollar bill or penny like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0UVmhs_7i4