PDA

View Full Version : LibertyGator - Libertarian version of Digg or Reddit

Politaction
06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I have just recently opened my website LibertyGator (http://www.libertygator.com) for a trial run. It is finally opened to the public.

LibertyGator is a liberty minded, freedom oriented, libertarian social news aggregate.

LibertyGator, similar to Digg or Reddit, is a web application targeted to liberty minded individuals, libertarians, and Ron Paul Republicans. LibertyGator allows you to submit an article that will be reviewed by all and will be promoted, based on popularity, to the main page. When a user submits a news article it will be placed in the "unpublished" area until it gains sufficient votes to be promoted to the main page. It's that simple. The more votes a story receives, the higher the placement it receives on LibertyGator. As a member you can submit your own original content or you can submit stories, articles or news items that you believe are newsworthy and that would be of interest to other liberty minded individuals.

LibertyGator could be used to promote upcoming events, articles, blogs, speeches, videos, or anything else about Ron Paul, anything Ron Paul Revolution related, the Campaign for Liberty, Ron Paul Republicans, etc.

If you have any questions, comments, please feel free to ask away or give your input on the forum or in a PM.

crazyfingers
06-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Cool...I registered an account.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:16 PM
good luck looks good.

Politaction
06-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Cool...I registered an account.

Thanks!

Please feel free to provide any input, comments, or criticism of the website.

Besides voting you can start submitting news, articles, speeches, videos, etc.

If you have any problems please feel free to contact me at libertygator@gmail.com

billjarrett
06-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:29 PM
just a better design. Can you merge wordpress designs with it? If so I have a free design you may want to look at. PM me

edit: oh ya and its free

malkusm
06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Joined.

Question: What stops this from becoming the Obama love-fest that Digg is? I mean, as far as I can tell, there are no restrictions on what you can post (although, if the members are mostly RP supporters, an anti-RP article won't get voted on....but assuming they infiltrate in large numbers?)

RPTXState
06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Joined.

Question: What stops this from becoming the Obama love-fest that Digg is? I mean, as far as I can tell, there are no restrictions on what you can post (although, if the members are mostly RP supporters, an anti-RP article won't get voted on....but assuming they infiltrate in large numbers?)

+1000

The idea of creating a "libertarian version" of Digg/Reddit implies that either

The overwhelming majority of the users will be libertarian or
Some form of censorship will occur to maintain a sense of "libertarianism"

I strongly dislike number 2 (as I dislike all censorship), and if #1 occurs- can a "infiltration" occur to reverse it?

newyearsrevolution08
06-15-2008, 08:48 PM
free speech sure is fun....

plus if they have the ability to write things about other politicians or against ron paul all it will do is make the site grow more because they will tell all their friends to go post on it as well. Maybe a few of them actually get to reading the site and see something they agree with.

I am sure there might be a way to have it that your input MUST include the words "ron paul" or "revolution" in it or it won't post... That might help some but odds are they might toss in a I hate blah blah or something...

Cool idea, if it gets the traffic then great but if it is just us reading our own news stories then not sure...

Get it marketed and get traffic going there. great stuff

Politaction
06-15-2008, 08:57 PM
good luck looks good.

Thanks!

If you see any news items that you think it is important for fellow Ron Paul Republicans or libertarians to see, please don't hesitate to register an account and submit the news item.

Politaction
06-15-2008, 09:00 PM
As more members join the site, it will become harder and harder to come up with the number of votes needed to "infiltrate" the website with an anti-freedom agenda.

Politaction
06-16-2008, 03:34 AM
bump

rpfan2008
06-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Politaction
06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

Vote on some submissions or even submit your own!

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
signed up and posted this:
Letter to the National GOP
Posted by speciallyblend 5 minutes ago (http://www.lettertogop.com) | admin links View profile
Category: Civil Disobedience | Tags: freedom liberty mccain ron paul
Edit the title or description.
A Message to send to the Gop for Septembers Republican Convention, rejecting mccain . Please Help Spread

theantirobot
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
http://www.takebacktheparty.org

hypnagogue
06-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Things like this are a good tool for us, but I encourage us all not to use it as an excuse to withdraw from the mainstream media sources that are frequented by those outside of the movement.

theantirobot
06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Things like this are a good tool for us, but I encourage us all not to use it as an excuse to withdraw from the mainstream media sources that are frequented by those outside of the movement.

What we need is a news agregator that has mainstream appeal, not just to liberty minded people. Once everyone's information is more directly connected, we can more easily influence others to adopt our beliefs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xR0nZ9QE4BY

Politaction
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
What we need is a news agregator that has mainstream appeal, not just to liberty minded people. Once everyone's information is more directly connected, we can more easily influence others to adopt our beliefs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xR0nZ9QE4BY

I agree. I will be willing to offer any incite, help, ideas, etc...

LibertyGator was more of an idea to keep liberty minded individuals more aware of all of the things going on inside of the freedom movement. Keep individuals interested and educated inside of the freedom movement. There are so many different projects and things going on, Ron Paul, CFL, Bob Barr, Free State Project, Sept. 2 Rally, different moneybombs, different candidates, etc.