PDA

View Full Version : One of Campaign For Liberty's Missions is to "lobby" congress....

american.swan
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
....let me translate....That basically means bribing congress for favors. That also means Campaign for Liberty is going to need millions of dollars to ram through our agenda. START DONATING.

NOTE: if Campaign for Liberty's plan for lobbying congress doesn't include campaign donations aka bribes, than I expect other forms of lobbying won't work.

Either way, DONATE.

Jeremy
06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Bribes? These people already have these principles. That's like saying we bribed you to be here... doesn't make any sense.

american.swan
06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Bribes? These people already have these principles. That's like saying we bribed you to be here... doesn't make any sense.

You lost me. The wolves in congress controlled by AIPAC are not going to become vegetarians. Lobby congress? Explain to me how effective "lobbying" members of congress that are taking their marching orders from AIPAC is going to be?

AJ Antimony
06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Lobbying doesn't mean bribing.

When you call your Congressman and ask them to support a bill, you are lobbying. When you send messages on DownsizeDC, you are lobbying.

Don't let CNN tell you lobbying is bad. Lobbying is free speech.

Bribery in itself is wrong but don't confuse that with lobbying.

american.swan
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
NOTE: I support CfL on all fronts. I just feel lobbying congress won't be effective.

Kotin
06-15-2008, 07:38 PM
ever heard of petitioning the government
?

american.swan
06-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Lobbying doesn't mean bribing.

When you call your Congressman and ask them to support a bill, you are lobbying. When you send messages on DownsizeDC, you are lobbying.

Don't let CNN tell you lobbying is bad. Lobbying is free speech.

Bribery in itself is wrong but don't confuse that with lobbying.

Thank you. Good post.

We will need many many millions of people, not money, willing to make actually phone calls to make that effective. Email won't cut it.

Thank you.

AJ Antimony
06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
You lost me. The wolves in congress controlled by AIPAC are not going to become vegetarians. Lobby congress? Explain to me how effective "lobbying" members of congress that are taking their marching orders from AIPAC is going to be?

Lobbying doesn't guarantee results. That's why lobbying is only a small part of CFL. The main part of it is to get better people elected for office. This way they will deny AIPAC in the first place and won't need a lobbying group to tell them to do so.

Politaction
06-15-2008, 07:41 PM
When you send messages on DownsizeDC, you are lobbying.

Downsize DC is awesome! I recommend everyone join Downsize DC, if you already haven't.

mediahasyou
06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Lobbying congress is taking a congressman to Hawaii and talking about a bill.

Bribing congress is illegal. Not to mention immoral.

crazyfingers
06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
We need to fight on all fronts. If we can become a big enough force, lobbying congress will work.

Deborah K
06-15-2008, 07:54 PM
....let me translate....That basically means bribing congress for favors. That also means Campaign for Liberty is going to need millions of dollars to ram through our agenda. START DONATING.

NOTE: if Campaign for Liberty's plan for lobbying congress doesn't include campaign donations aka bribes, than I expect other forms of lobbying won't work.

Either way, DONATE.

CFL doesn't need any money, we have a 4.5 million dollar start. :) The march on the other hand.......:eek:

MRoCkEd
06-15-2008, 07:56 PM
CFL doesn't need any money, we have a 4.5 million dollar start. :) The march on the other hand.......:eek:
true, true

RPTXState
06-15-2008, 08:47 PM

RP only gave a portion of the 4.5 to CFL, probably no more than 2 mil.

RonPaulFever
06-15-2008, 08:49 PM
RP only gave a portion of the 4.5 to CFL, probably no more than 2 mil.

And what, pray tell, does he plan to do with the rest of the money?