PDA

View Full Version : Delegates....I want your story

bias2112
06-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Fellow Patriots,

before I start, I belong to the greater Chicago meetup. I am your standard 30 something blue collar worker. I have been on the Revolution train since the first televised debate. I have contributed to grassroots through sign waves, marches, and graphic arts for various propoganda posters. This is the first year I have voted and have learned more than I thought I would about the whole process.

I am going to produce a documentary style book about the delegate process and the 'liberty minded, RP republican' delegate experience from the 2008 election. The book will be a minimum 128 pages and softcover..depending on the delegate feedback. Title to be determined

I have financing, national marketing to the revolution minded, and distribution ready to go. This book will be sold at cost. Basically not for profit.
*will not be published till after the Republican National Convention*
for obvious delegate security/GOP intelligence reasons

What I want:
If you are or were a State Delegate in any state for the 2008 election cycle.
I want your well written story of your delegate experience from precinct through state conventions to put in this book.
You must include your name, delegate status, and State after your testimonial. All contributing delegates whos material gets used will receive 2 free books. The content of your testimonial will not be altered in any way except for typos and is "still your story"
I trust you to be honest and factual in your story.

I have submissions from Missouri, Texas, West Virginia, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, and New Mexico so far with others pending.
I WOULD LOVE LOUISIANA AND NEVADA STORIES

You can send inquirys and submissions to psychodesign@hotmail.com

Thank you and have a nice day.

DP thread link: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/51694

bias2112
06-15-2008, 11:08 PM
is there anybody out there?

Mckarnin
06-15-2008, 11:12 PM
bump

Fellow Patriots,

before I start, I belong to the greater Chicago meetup. I am your standard 30 something blue collar worker. I have been on the Revolution train since the first televised debate. I have contributed to grassroots through sign waves, marches, and graphic arts for various propoganda posters. This is the first year I have voted and have learned more than I thought I would about the whole process.

I am going to produce a documentary style book about the delegate process and the 'liberty minded, RP republican' delegate experience from the 2008 election. The book will be a minimum 128 pages and softcover..depending on the delegate feedback. Title to be determined

I have financing, national marketing to the revolution minded, and distribution ready to go. This book will be sold at cost. Basically not for profit.

What I want:
I want your well written story of your delegate experience from precinct through state conventions to put in this book.
You must include your name, delegate status, and State after your testimonial. All contributing delegates whos material gets used will receive 2 free books. The content of your testimonial will not be altered in any way except for typos and is "still your story"

I have submissions from Missouri so far with others pending.

Thomas_Paine
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Fellow Patriots,

What I want:

I have submissions from Missouri so far with others pending.

I smell a BIG FAT RAT!

Don't fall for this, the GOP leadership desperately wants to get this information.

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I smell a BIG FAT RAT!

Don't fall for this, the GOP leadership desperately wants to get this information.

I suspect this is why there has been little response to this.

bias2112 - do you know Stevo? And couldn't this wait till it's all over?

asgardshill
06-15-2008, 11:43 PM

What I want:

What is your rate of payment if any for these submissions? I'm assuming that you are requesting either free submissions or offering pay-in-product renumeration only due to the not-for-profit nature of your publication, but I thought I'd check anyway. Also, do you claim republication rights for submitted work, and do you have a suggested word count for the submissions you want?

Thanks in advance.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 07:45 AM
I smell a BIG FAT RAT!

I suspected I would be called out. I am just your average joe that works his ass off every day. I work in offset lithography and freelance graphic design. I have never been part of the republican party until this year. I have always been a revolutionary be it whatever vein of life it applies to. Dr. Steve Parent called me out on this on dailypaul, and I spoke with him personally on the phone about it. I've done design work for Gary from Republic magazine. There are two revolution design projects you can look at on my website. www.tobiasschiele.com One is a propoganda poster I designed and printed and sent to people all over the country. In kentucky, it made it into a NYT photo. The other is a T-shirt design I produced for freedomsground.org. I understand the importance of the GOP stalwarts not finding out who our delegates are. There is just a lot of work involved with setting up files and book layout etc. I would like to have a majority of the book ready to go prior to the RNC. This way I can just do the RNC chapter after it is over and be done with it.

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 07:49 AM
I smell a BIG FAT RAT!

I agree! Smells like one!
DO NOT SUBMIT INFO!!!
Until confirmation, somehow :/

bias2112
06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
What is your rate of payment if any for these submissions? I'm assuming that you are requesting either free submissions or offering pay-in-product renumeration only due to the not-for-profit nature of your publication, but I thought I'd check anyway. Also, do you claim republication rights for submitted work, and do you have a suggested word count for the submissions you want?

Thanks in advance.
I am doing this grassroots style. I am asking for submissions in exchange for a few books. I am trying to get these out at cost. The copyright notice at the beginning of the book will be by individual author and will cover all submissions. The submittor will retain all rights to his story. I will only print as many books as needed in combination of runs of 1k to 5k. . If a larger publisher wants to buy it, he is going to have to purchase the rights to each story directly from the submittor. As far as length goes, it doesnt matter. Just not too short. Thanks for the inquiry.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-16-2008, 07:56 AM

Why?

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 07:56 AM
I am doing this grassroots style. I am asking for submissions in exchange for a few books. I am trying to get these out at cost. The copyright notice at the beginning of the book will be by individual author and will cover all submissions. The submittor will retain all rights to his story. I will only print as many books as needed in combination of runs of 1k to 5k. . If a larger publisher wants to buy it, he is going to have to purchase the rights to each story directly from the submittor. As far as length goes, it doesnt matter. Just not too short. Thanks for the inquiry.

thats not much of a license agreement. Please discontinue requests until you have provided legal documentation and sorts.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
I agree! Smells like one!
DO NOT SUBMIT INFO!!!
Until confirmation, somehow :/
go to my myspace page and tell me if you can find a rat on or in it ;-)
There is video of us marching for RP in the Chicago loop and other goodies on there.
http://www.myspace.com/beeotches

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 07:58 AM
isn't it terrible that we're getting this paranoid about the GOP? :)

I wouldn't put it past them, though.

Good luck, bias2112...I hope someone can vouch for ya! :)

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 08:02 AM
go to my myspace page and tell me if you can find a rat on or in it ;-)
There is video of us marching for RP in the Chicago loop and other goodies on there.
http://www.myspace.com/beeotches

if I could even read you myspace then maybe i could actually answer. Also this is lacking any kind of legality to for your efforts. KEEP TRYING!

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh and I see pentagrams, pyraminds and all seeing eyes everywhere in the images on your myspace. lol Im not joking.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 08:04 AM
thats not much of a license agreement. Please discontinue requests until you have provided legal documentation and sorts.
Thanks for the enthusiasm. Wow, my first negative experience from within the revolution. :-(

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the enthusiasm. Wow, my first negative experience from within the revolution. :-(

you need proof!!!! anyone can make a myspace. Show some respect, Im not the one that called you a rat. I dont need to justify my opinions for you lack of proof.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 08:16 AM
you need proof!!!! anyone can make a myspace. Show some respect, Im not the one that called you a rat. I dont need to justify my opinions for you lack of proof. I fully understand your position and I am always trying be respectful of others. I will work on a license agreement.
So, what would you like for proof? Katharine who posted above will vouch for me, Gary Franchi from Republic Mag probably would, and maybe Steve Parent (talked with him on the phone the other day, I might be on Revolution Radio to discuss the book). if that helps at all. Thanks.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 08:19 AM
I fully understand your position and I am always trying be respectful of others. I will work on a license agreement.
So, what would you like for proof? Katharine who posted above will vouch for me, Gary Franchi from Republic Mag probably would, and maybe Steve Parent (talked with him on the phone the other day, I might be on Revolution Radio to discuss the book). if that helps at all. Thanks.

I gotta go to work. I'll be back on tonite.

ronpaulhawaii
06-16-2008, 08:26 AM

Please excuse our rough exterior. It is mostly a good crowd here, but we are a BIG tent and we do have all types. Please don't take it personal.

I think you can understand the assumtions people are forced to consider in this dirty business of politics. As it looks like you have worked with Katherine, I am more disposed to helping this project. But never doubt that credibilty must be earned, everywhere. People are very vigilant here, perhaps a bit overzealous; but - IMO- understandably so, considering the territory.

I still wonder that this might be better postponed, maybe get people to write them and collect them at our convention in Minneapolis?

tangent4ronpaul
06-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I suspected I would be called out. I am just your average joe that works his ass off every day. I work in offset lithography and freelance graphic design. I have never been part of the republican party until this year. I have always been a revolutionary be it whatever vein of life it applies to. Dr. Steve Parent called me out on this on dailypaul, and I spoke with him personally on the phone about it. I've done design work for Gary from Republic magazine. There are two revolution design projects you can look at on my website. www.tobiasschiele.com One is a propoganda poster I designed and printed and sent to people all over the country. In kentucky, it made it into a NYT photo. The other is a T-shirt design I produced for freedomsground.org. I understand the importance of the GOP stalwarts not finding out who our delegates are. There is just a lot of work involved with setting up files and book layout etc. I would like to have a majority of the book ready to go prior to the RNC. This way I can just do the RNC chapter after it is over and be done with it.

So you're the one that did the "this time it's personal" and the old style "commie" REVOLUTION posters - THOSE ROCK! - I've got both of them hanging on my wall!

Do you think you'd be willing to join the skills bank? - I had someone come in last week looking for graphic artists to do "HIGH IMPACT" stuff for a project...

http://operationcatherder.com/index.php/Skills_Bank

We also have some testimonials here:

http://operationcatherder.com/index.php/Send_Lawyers%2C_Guns_and_Money

and the wiki on the forums here has some links to what has gone down - generally news articles. If you search the archives, there is a lot of other first hand stuff too.

The 1813 group would also be good to contact. You might also try contacting the DVDs 4 delegates project and see if you could get lists after it's over.

Now as to the "security" issue, and having something you can work with now, how about taking a page from the intel community and use a depository - find a trusted middle (wo)man willing to sanitize names, locations, etc. and replace them with code names. Code names are generally all upper case and the first 2 letters would represent countries or projects - in your case states. So Ms Jones in South Dakota would become QZCHIVES, for example. That would give you what you need now, and you could fill in the missing information after it's over from a master key that would not be provided to you till then.

Would that work? - you just need to find someone everyone would trust to do the substitutions and maintain the master list.

It's an idea...

-n

TastyWheat
06-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I really don't think names are necessary here. I'm sure nobody is afraid or ashamed, but this is not about the individuals, it's about the state of the GOP and how badly it needs to be fixed.

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I fully understand your position and I am always trying be respectful of others. I will work on a license agreement.

That might do.

bias2112
06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Please excuse our rough exterior. It is mostly a good crowd here, but we are a BIG tent and we do have all types. Please don't take it personal.

I think you can understand the assumtions people are forced to consider in this dirty business of politics. As it looks like you have worked with Katherine, I am more disposed to helping this project. But never doubt that credibilty must be earned, everywhere. People are very vigilant here, perhaps a bit overzealous; but - IMO- understandably so, considering the territory.

I still wonder that this might be better postponed, maybe get people to write them and collect them at our convention in Minneapolis?

Thanks for the kind words. I'll just go with the flow on the book. I am hoping to make it to the convention, we will see if that works itself out. Thanks

bias2112
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
So you're the one that did the "this time it's personal" and the old style "commie" REVOLUTION posters - THOSE ROCK! - I've got both of them hanging on my wall!

Do you think you'd be willing to join the skills bank? - I had someone come in last week looking for graphic artists to do "HIGH IMPACT" stuff for a project...

http://operationcatherder.com/index.php/Skills_Bank

We also have some testimonials here:

http://operationcatherder.com/index.php/Send_Lawyers%2C_Guns_and_Money

and the wiki on the forums here has some links to what has gone down - generally news articles. If you search the archives, there is a lot of other first hand stuff too.

The 1813 group would also be good to contact. You might also try contacting the DVDs 4 delegates project and see if you could get lists after it's over.

Now as to the "security" issue, and having something you can work with now, how about taking a page from the intel community and use a depository - find a trusted middle (wo)man willing to sanitize names, locations, etc. and replace them with code names. Code names are generally all upper case and the first 2 letters would represent countries or projects - in your case states. So Ms Jones in South Dakota would become QZCHIVES, for example. That would give you what you need now, and you could fill in the missing information after it's over from a master key that would not be provided to you till then.

Would that work? - you just need to find someone everyone would trust to do the substitutions and maintain the master list.

It's an idea...

-n

I'm glad you like the posters. I'll check out your links tonite after work. Good idea on the security tip. :-)

ronpaulhawaii
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'll just go with the flow on the book. I am hoping to make it to the convention, we will see if that works itself out. Thanks

Going with the flow sounds good. As does the security scheme tangent suggested. Also, you could get Joe or Scott to vouch for you here, or have Stevo e-mail me about this project. Every little bit helps :)

I really do think the security scheme tangent suggested is good. I'd imagine no matter how well vetted you are, there will still be folks who would rather not be "named" at this time...

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
bias thanks.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY,have we ever had any secrets anyway when campaigning for RON PAUL??? ,screw the gop whoever they are, we aren't hiding. I'M STANDING THE HELL UP, we have nothing to hide ,except our lil pocket constitution:) this paranoia has got to stop,so what if the gop wants our experiences, i say write them and fax to every local/state/national gop your story, SHOUT IT LOUD AND CLEAR, KENNY , anyone can find me ,my name is on a colorado blacklist,on several websites and about 10,000 emails on FRIDAY:) STAND UP ,IF YOUR TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT, Kenny Griffin

asgardshill
06-16-2008, 01:03 PM

And thanks for the quick reply. I'll consider it.

mkeller
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
This sounds interesting. Good luck!

bias2112
06-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I have a license agreement now for anyone that is considering submitting their delegate story. Please private message me or email me if you would like to see it.

Maltheus
06-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Why?

Exactly.

bias, this may not be exactly what you want, but this thread covered the details in the Colorado State Convention fairly well:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140782

bias2112
06-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Exactly.

bias, this may not be exactly what you want, but this thread covered the details in the Colorado State Convention fairly well:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140782

thanks, but I am looking for delegates individual testimonies that they will stand by. I dont want to hunt around and ask about using stories that werent designed with actual print publication in mind. I also am not going to try to, under my name, summarize what someone blogged about with the possibility that their information is wrong or libel/slander. if you know what I mean. :-)

p.s. although I do love reading peoples reports from convention.

bias2112
06-21-2008, 03:13 AM
I have had massive outpouring of delegate stories from Idaho, Texas, New mexico, West Virginia. and many others. I would like to hear from Louisiana, Montana, and Nevada delegates (after completion of state). Pass this thread on to any delegates you know. Thanks

bias2112
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Updated