PDA

View Full Version : I may be jumping the gun but......

Misesian
06-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I was just watching GhoeberX's Land of the Free (http://www.youtube.com/v/IsDlO2Lr_cg) YouTube once again (I STILL get chills down my spine from 1:40 - 2:00 and recommend watching this one again!) and I'm thinking about November 5th, 2008.

I'll be the first to say that I am sick and tired of all these money bombs left and right that don't amount to anything more then a money dud but this is what started it all. I would LOVE to Remember Remember the 5th of November ('08) if we can somehow get inspired to give $100 to the CFL on this day. Would it be possible to come close to the $4.3 million? What about Tea Party '08?

I'll probably give a few bucks to the freedomslate'08 but I'd certainly be up for another November 5th $100 donation if others are. What do you guys think?

bucfish
06-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Freak that Lets do it near the end of August right before the GOP convention just to send them a message LOUD AND CLEAR!

MRoCkEd
06-15-2008, 05:31 PM
our first CFL moneybomb needs to be well-planned, catchy, and big

pacelli
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
If you are going to go that route, maybe figure out how long the 4 million or so will last after the St Paul rally.

rodo1776
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I was just watching GhoeberX's Land of the Free (http://www.youtube.com/v/IsDlO2Lr_cg) YouTube once again (I STILL get chills down my spine from 1:40 - 2:00 and recommend watching this one again!) and I'm thinking about November 5th, 2008.

I'll be the first to say that I am sick and tired of all these money bombs left and right that don't amount to anything more then a money dud but this is what started it all. I would LOVE to Remember Remember the 5th of November ('08) if we can somehow get inspired to give $100 to the CFL on this day. Would it be possible to come close to the $4.3 million? What about Tea Party '08?

I'll probably give a few bucks to the freedomslate'08 but I'd certainly be up for another November 5th $100 donation if others are. What do you guys think?

My take is DON"T give to CFL till we see what they have planned. And for SURE Don't give to freedomslate'08

We are not going to win any congressional races. Face it. Maybe just maybe one (BJ please) but none of these freedom slate candidates will win running against incumbents.

Give our money to LOCAL candidates. I mean dogcatcher, city council, state reps and senators., county commissioners etc.

That's where the revolution wins. Don't fall for these Congressional candidates folks.

Give your hard earned fiat currency to the local candidates.

Just my 2 cents.

yongrel
06-15-2008, 06:03 PM
If you want to have a money bomb, don't just wait for someone else to do it.

Take the task in your own hands, and see what you can do.

surf
06-15-2008, 06:15 PM
another Tea Party?

constituent
06-15-2008, 06:32 PM

1) Give our money to LOCAL candidates. I mean dogcatcher, city council, state reps and senators., county commissioners etc.

That's where the revolution wins. Don't fall for these Congressional candidates folks.

Give your hard earned fiat currency to the local candidates.

2) Just my 2 cents.

1) + ∞

2) yet worth so much more

Knightskye
06-15-2008, 06:58 PM
October 28, 1886 - day the Statue of Liberty was dedicated.

How about that for a CFL moneybomb?

Lol, I think of lightbulbs when I say "CFL". ;)

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
If you want to have a money bomb, don't just wait for someone else to do it.

Take the task in your own hands, and see what you can do.

no you wait for someone else to have a good idea, then steal the idea, collect emails, then use those emails for personal gain. LEARN FROM HISTORY :rolleyes:

RonPaulwillWin
06-15-2008, 07:45 PM
something big needs to happen so we can rally people beyond these forums.

Paulitical Correctness
06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
November 5th of 2008 isn't going to be the same as November 5th of 2007.

1)Less enthusiasm

2)Less [active] supporters

3)Less expendable income (gas & groceries)

To name a few. I mean, go for it but don't expect a repeat of last year's success.

Joseph Hart
06-15-2008, 08:25 PM
normal link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsDlO2Lr_cg

Misesian
06-16-2008, 03:18 PM
November 5th of 2008 isn't going to be the same as November 5th of 2007.

1)Less enthusiasm

2)Less [active] supporters

3)Less expendable income (gas & groceries)

To name a few. I mean, go for it but don't expect a repeat of last year's success.

Well that's kinda what I mean. We're having money bombs left and right now to the point where I can't even keep track of them. Though if we're going to have any others in 2008, whynot go back to the date that started it all? November 5th, 2008. It doesn't necessarily have to beat the $4.3 million. Heck, I think $1 million would be a huge success but we HAVE to raise money for this CFL movement to be successful. If money is going to have to be raised, then we should make it a point to try to give on the days that have meaning to this revolution. To this point I would say that November 5th and December 16th are even more important days for the modern day revolution then July 4th would be.

I guess I will just have to individually contribute $100 on 11/05/08 in honor of last year if we can't get pledges.

(On another note, how come I don't get the email notifications to thread responses even though I have "instant notification selected always? I'll get a ton of notifications all at once usually about a month after I post)

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
love that