PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? (Hotel Problem)

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Need a bit of guidance on this...

I already have a room reserved (for myself and my boyfriend) at the Holiday Inn at the Capitol. They took my credit card no problems - my credit score is good (because I pay it off immediately and don't swipe what I can't pay for).

I just recently found out that you have to be 21 to check in at the Hotel - my boyfriend and I are both 19. What should I do about this? Should I just risk it and hope they don't ask for I.D? What else can I do?

Since I am young and female, I'm not all that comfortable with sharing a room with anyone but my boyfriend, and I'm not comfortable staying in downtown D.C - the bad area's of DC I'm really trying to stay away from. That's why I was so happy with the Holiday Inn at the Capitol - it was close to the March, it's the headquarters (so I'll be around fellow patriots all the time), and it's in a good area.

I'll be arriving in DC with the Providence RonVoy - I am getting picked up in NYC.

:confused:

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Good question! If you don't get an answer here, email Susan

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Already did - she told me I could room with someone, or risk it. Haha.

I mean honestly, the whole policy is ridiculous. I didn't find anything on the Holiday Inn site about having to be 21 or older to check in at all.

I feel like I'm getting screwed here. I don't drink, do drugs, nor act promiscuous - some person ruined it for all of us.

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Have you tried calling the hotel and finding out the policy. They must have some sort of contingency plan for this kind of situation. Perhaps you might want to ask as an inquiry for future reservations ;)

sidster
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure ID will be required.

I would talk to the manager of the hotel and see if you can
come to an agreement with them. Possibly have them speak
with your parents. If the manager agrees and says its OK,
possibly have it in writing; have the manager fax you a copy
on hotel letterhead to you to bring with you.

It would really suck if you show up and they say "No" at the
desk and you have now where to go.

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Have you tried calling the hotel and finding out the policy. They must have some sort of contingency plan for this kind of situation. Perhaps you might want to ask as an inquiry for future reservations ;)

Brilliant... I'll have my mom call up and ask if 'her 19 year old daughter can check in, as she's (my mom) not able to make it, and that her boyfriend is filling in her place, who is also 19'. Or something. Haha.

phixion
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
"I'm sorry but I will have to cancel a recent booking I made, I didn't realise I had to be 21 to check in at the time, unless there's anything you or the manager can do for me, I really want to stay at your hotel as it's ideally located for the trip I have planned" ... no harm in asking I wouldn't of thought?

Pete

ryanmkeisling
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
You being the customer why not ask them to propose a solution? Tell them the situation and ask "What can be done?" Although I think having your mother call will work sufficient. Oh yea and I finally got a picture of that shirt for you...check your pm's later.

pappy
06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Just try to find another couple going (who is over 21) between now and then, make a deal to swap Partners temporarily for the sign in and after securing the rooms swap back. The hotel won't care I imagine about using your credit card if your "roommate is over 21.

I don't know. Could work.

pappy

Deborah K
06-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Need a bit of guidance on this...

I already have a room reserved (for myself and my boyfriend) at the Holiday Inn at the Capitol. They took my credit card no problems - my credit score is good (because I pay it off immediately and don't swipe what I can't pay for).

I just recently found out that you have to be 21 to check in at the Hotel - my boyfriend and I are both 19. What should I do about this? Should I just risk it and hope they don't ask for I.D? What else can I do?

Since I am young and female, I'm not all that comfortable with sharing a room with anyone but my boyfriend, and I'm not comfortable staying in downtown D.C - the bad area's of DC I'm really trying to stay away from. That's why I was so happy with the Holiday Inn at the Capitol - it was close to the March, it's the headquarters (so I'll be around fellow patriots all the time), and it's in a good area.

I'll be arriving in DC with the Providence RonVoy - I am getting picked up in NYC.

:confused:

I'll take responsibility for you! I'm checking in to Holiday Inn on the 9th and I'll be there until the 14th. Email me and we can swap phone numbers.

tonesforjonesbones
06-15-2008, 04:45 PM
My husband and I are going to N'awlins next month and we chose to stay at a hostel. It's kind of like a bed and breakfast. Only a few rooms and a shared kitchen. It was cheaper than a hotel..and I 'm looking forward to it. TONES

Deborah K
06-15-2008, 06:21 PM
My husband and I are going to N'awlins next month and we chose to stay at a hostel. It's kind of like a bed and breakfast. Only a few rooms and a shared kitchen. It was cheaper than a hotel..and I 'm looking forward to it. TONES

Kewl! We have a whoel list of hostels on the website: http://revolutionmarch.com/cheapsleep.aspx

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I emailed you Deb :)

I'm going to call up the Hotel tomorrow and ask what they can do for me - and my mom is going to talk too. Hopefully they'll let me check in so no one will have to go out of their way, but if all else fails thanks for saying you'd take responsibility for me Deb :)

Susan Wolfe
06-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Already did - she told me I could room with someone, or risk it. Haha.

I mean honestly, the whole policy is ridiculous. I didn't find anything on the Holiday Inn site about having to be 21 or older to check in at all.

I feel like I'm getting screwed here. I don't drink, do drugs, nor act promiscuous - some person ruined it for all of us.

Just to clarify - Someone who is a Ronvoy driver, from the same route that give.me.liberty is on, offered to let her and her boyfriend room with him - both to save everyone money, and so that she and her boyfriend would be able to stay at the hotel near the march location. She and I discussed this, and I understand why she doesn't feel comfortable doing that, since she doesn't know the driver in question.
I also mentioned that many hotels don't require ID at check-in, as long as the credit card you have matches the card used to make the reservation, so she might not have any trouble....but in case she did...
I offered to drive into DC on Friday, from the campgrounds, and check-in to the room, under my name, so that she and her boyfriend would be able to stay there!
I gave her my cell number, and told her to call me immediately if she had any problems getting checked in!
I didn't want people to think I had just left her hanging there without a few options! Her message kind of makes it seem that way! :o

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Haha no, Susan is awesome and always is very helpful. :) Sorry if someone got the wrong impression.

I figured since Deb is right there, I wouldn't want you to come all the way up from a campground, that would really suck :(

Nirvikalpa
06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
OK! Just called the Hotel.

We (my Mom and I called) had a very nice lady - her name was Toni, she explained that the policy is 21 or over to check in - but she said as long as someone who is staying at the Hotel (and is 21 or over) is with me when I check in, and helps me check in, I'll be fine. I can even pay on my credit card, which is good.

They also said they would be checking for ID's upon arrival - they said they are pretty strict with that policy.

Thank you Guys :)