PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever contacted your congressman(woman)?

nobody's_hero
06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I have been giving a lot of thought lately to writing to my district representative requesting that those who do not support the war in Iraq not be forced to pay the roughly 50% (not sure how much exactly) of the federal budget that goes toward funding the war. I want some kind of opt out feature similar to what the government offers conscientious objectors.

I will also send a copy to Ron Paul, even though I do not live in Texas. I feel that he represents more than just the people in his district. He is far more likely to introduce such a bill.

I am just curious to know how many of you have ever actually contacted (by letter, phone, or email) your representative or senator. I have emailed my GA representative once before urging him to support a 2nd Amendment protection bill.

I don't see any reason why 'we the people' can't play a pivotal role in introducing legislation. ;)

IPSecure
06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Contacted, but never heard back...

kylejack
06-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, got standard letter back.

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Yep, when I fired them! ;)

RPTXState
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
When my congressman starts violating the Constitution, then I'll call him and complain. Until then, I'll leave Dr. Paul alone.

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 12:44 PM
When my congressman starts violating the Constitution, then I'll call him and complain. Until then, I'll leave Dr. Paul alone.
How about your Senators? They're Congress critters too.

RPTXState
06-15-2008, 01:01 PM
How about your Senators? They're Congress critters too.

I'll be working on Cornyn, since he's up for re-election.

Kludge
06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I contact a couple congressmen. The others (interestingly, only the Democrats) just send me back "As you may already know, bill H.R. xx-xxxx was introduced by congressman Joe and is about exactly what you just wrote me about.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carl Levin.

wgadget
06-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Life is JUST NOT FAIR....

:D

hillbilly123069
06-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't even get form replies anymore.