PDA

View Full Version : OPen Letter to Texas GOP Leaders

xRedfoxx
06-15-2008, 11:27 AM
An open letter to the leadership of the Texas Republicans, including state chair, SREC members, county chairs, and precinct chairs:

I have become politically active over the past 24 months due to my concerns for the country. That is to not say I wasn’t paying attention or was not voting as a conservative republican, because I was. But about two years ago I saw things getting worse, not better and chose to quit blaming others and to get involved personally. Since that time, I have met many wonderful people and made many new friends. I have learned that very respectable individuals are involved the Republican Party, and that fact has made me happy.

Over the past 12 months, I have attended many meetings at the local and state level. What I have heard is outstanding. Everyone shares the same concerns. Combating terrorism, stopping illegal immigration, lowering government spending and taxing, American sovereignty, stopping the land grab of the toll roads, sanctity of life. What I also learned is that there were a number of folks in my same situation. Concerned that we just might get 4 years of Obama or Clinton I think shook a lot of us up. And we also saw GOP candidates that publicly did not support some of our core ideals such as abortion and the unlimited right to bear arms. I ran into a lot of people learning the process for the first time, including simply how to be a precinct delegate.

Now that the primaries and state convention have wrapped up, I have one major concern however. Nothing is changing. By the processes and rules put in place, we say the right things and encourage grassroots involvement, but at the end of the day, the same recognizable names are in charge. The people that said we’re heading in the wrong direction, are the same exact folks that have been leading the Republican Party. I saw many new people try to get elected in leadership positions, but in almost all cases the existing leadership united to ensure they weren’t elected, unless you were part of their group. In fact, it was hard to stay involved. For example, I tried to get a list of state delegates (I was one), only to find that it was an act of God, at least for me. As a member of the Republican Party, that should have been something we could just download of our webpage. It wasn’t hard for others apparently, based on the number of calls I received from the groups who’s members continue to get voted into leadership positions.

I’m ok with and understand that the votes are what count. If you are able to organize and get the votes, God bless you; that is the process. But my point, and I guess it’s more of a questions, would be: Now that the Legacy Republicans remain in charge of the GOP, what is it they are going to do now, that they haven’t been doing for the past decade, to address the concerns they say they have. Since they are the ones that say we must hold our elected officials responsible, but they haven’t in the past, what will be the new process? I would love to see their plan, because as a relatively new conservative activist, I’m ready to help them carry out their plan. I think I have some friends with the same interest in helping.

Matt

Arklatex
06-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Excellent letter patriot!