PDA

View Full Version : Conference call with Dr. Paul yesterday in Harrisburg

liberalnurse
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, yesterday here in PA, we had a meeting in Harrisburg. It was attended by the state leaders, delegates and alternates, county coordinators, etc. The purpose was to organize the state "chapter" of the CFL. We had a conference call with Dr. Paul and Carol. We were allowed to submit questions for Dr. Paul and Carol. The 2 main questions being what was Carols' recipe for Choc. Chip cookies. Her answer, " Oh, you must mean the ones from the red checked cookbook." Gotta love her. Dr. Pauls first question was would he accept the nomination if he could get the majority in 5 states. He said yes of course, but it would be up to us to convince other delegates in the "mini caccuses" before the convention to nominate him. If only for the sake of fairness and allowing him the opportunity to speak. He has only suspended the campaign, he has not withdrawn from the race, he has not released his delegates. Big difference. In his usaual fashion he is again letting it up to us to do our thing. So, it's not over. Our group believes we can do this with AK, MT, ID, NV, WA to name some. The conversation lasted 15-20 minutes and the good Dr. was on his game. We did tape the conversation I'll see if I can find out if it's posted anywhere. In other bussiness we had a very productive meeting. We came from all over the state, all walks of life, all ages, all party affilations. We will be called, Pennsylvania Campaign for Liberty. We will be an umbrella organization under the CFL. The first order to vote was we will be a non-partisan group. We elected a chair, vice chair, and a steering commitee. The State organization will advise and communicate with the county organizations. We adopted a mission statement, goals and strategies. We will meet quarterly. Liberty is alive and well in PA, and the convention is still over 2 months away. My Freinds, it's not over.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 10:35 AM
thank you very much for the post

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2008, 12:25 PM
WOOT!!!!

I didn't think the Good Dr. would let us down!

Now who wrote that damn announcement on the RonPaul2008.com site that said it was?

-n

2privatus
06-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Dr. Pauls first question was would he accept the nomination if he could get the majority in 5 states. He said yes of course, but it would be up to us to convince other delegates in the "mini caccuses" before the convention to nominate him. If only for the sake of fairness and allowing him the opportunity to speak. He has only suspended the campaign, he has not withdrawn from the race, he has not released his delegates. Big difference. In his usaual fashion he is again letting it up to us to do our thing. So, it's not over. Our group believes we can do this with AK, MT, ID, NV, WA to name some.

At the risk of dampening the mood, I must impart the following...

As a Ron Paul-pledged Alternate Delegate from WA, I have to report that no more than 10% of our delegation (all fellow RP-pledgees) can be counted on to support allowing Dr. Paul's nomination. The other 90% seem to be either real McCain loyalists, or else GOP stalwarts who fancy that RP's views are dangerous, divisive, or both. Barring a miracle, methinks this will not change.

Scratch Washington State off the list.

I hope (indeed I pray) that you'll can find at least five delegations enlightened -- or at least tolerant -- enough to vote in their majority to nominate Dr. Paul.

John Burke

ryanmkeisling
06-16-2008, 01:54 AM
[QUOTE=liberalnurse;1516958
Liberty is alive and well in PA, and the convention is still over 2 months away. My Freinds, it's not over.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear! I grew up in Paxtang, Lawnton and various other locals in Harrisburg. Great to hear liberty lives on in central PA!

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 06:23 AM
What the...I live in Wormleysburg! Where did you guys meet?!

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-16-2008, 06:44 AM
This is really great news, thank you!!!

As a Ron Paul-pledged Alternate Delegate from WA, I have to report that no more than 10% of our delegation (all fellow RP-pledgees) can be counted on to support allowing Dr. Paul's nomination. The other 90% seem to be either real McCain loyalists, or else GOP stalwarts who fancy that RP's views are dangerous, divisive, or both. Barring a miracle, methinks this will not change.

I hope (indeed I pray) that you'll can find at least five delegations enlightened -- or at least tolerant -- enough to vote in their majority to nominate Dr. Paul.

John Burke

John, have all those delegates received Dr. Paul's book yet?
How about a personal, heartfelt letter from You letting them
know why you love Ron and how we all want freedom!

Hunter

p.s. ...this can be done all the way up to convention time.

Badger Paul
06-16-2008, 06:50 AM
North Dakota has 12 McCain delegates and 11 Paul delegates. Find one McCain delegate and smother them with kindness.

Joseph Hart
06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't understand? Why is he not accepting donations? Is there a way he can still use $ for influencing the other delegates? Maybe spend a little on the blimp for the convention, or anything? Just curious.

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Hey, liberalnurse, I PM'ed you :)

I'm getting in on this Central PA madness!

Crickett
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM

John Burke

Please do not underestimate these people. They are for the constitution. They just need to learn what it SAYS and how it is being undermined. They do NOT have to think RP is sane, first. They have to see what is happening. Then he begins to make sense. There are 17 Huck delegates in AR. They can vote for anyone else 2nd round. I do not know how to get their names or anything..

rodriguezintexas
06-17-2008, 12:57 PM
We did tape the conversation I'll see if I can find out if it's posted anywhere.

Have you posted the recording, yet, or at least have a way to send it? I have some national alternates here in TX that want to "hear it from the horse's mouth" themselves.

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
4 months folks lets get to work,shouldn't we have a grassroots movement just focusing on the 5 states, this should be our focus, the rest of the delegates will follow once we have a voice, this is far from over:) can we get some supporters to start something on these 5 states hell we showed up in all the states now let's focus on 5 states and keep working hard:) never let them shut the door until we decide to slam it shut for them;)

libertarian4321
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
My Freinds,.

OMG, its JOHN MCCAIN! :)

Sorry, I've been listening to McWar too much- ever notice that every time he's about to say something REALLY STUPID, he prefaces it with "my friends"?