PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Rump

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Let's prepare a full convention. I don't know the technical process behind a rump, but I submit we hold a full Rump, but just never 'submit the paperwork' as it were.

I'll set up a public poll.

1) I agree with the idea as presented, and would like to help shape it.
2) I don't think we should spend our already taxed resources on this.
3) Damn them. Submit the Rump!

(eta: Poll is public, and multiple-choice)

idiom
06-15-2008, 06:47 AM
We are having a convention anyway right?

It might be someting better than just a Rump thats planned.

Conza88
06-15-2008, 06:56 AM
A full convention rump... Hahaha, not gonna lie I would consider that absolutely hilarious.
They wouldn't know what hit them...

Yea Ron Paul's convention, 7 miles away.. it's got nothing to do with the Gop, it's about the message folks!! ;) --> then *BAM* we rump them like this steak (http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1555313&vid=140023).

And Rp wins teh nomination. I endorse this whole-heartedly, if it follows the rules and regulations as set out by the party - why the hell not?

What would the Sons of Liberty do? What would the Founding Fathers have done? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNIU2KEz4g)

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 07:02 AM
We are having a convention anyway right?

It might be something better than just a Rump thats planned.

Why wait to see if someone is gonna up and do it for us, when we could be doing it for ourselves, and actually getting it done instead of just waiting for it to be handed to us?

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
are you talking about rumping the national?

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 07:46 AM
are you talking about rumping the national?

Yes, and to consider whether it should be symbolic, or actually brought before the national chair.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll simply quote the good Doctor:

"In the final analysis," I wrote in my new book The Revolution: A Manifesto, "the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them."

The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Join us, and be a part of it.

For liberty,

Ron Paul

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

---------

And furthermore, if I have to, I mean to stand up and nominate a member from the convention floor to permanent chair, so that we can call the business to order on our own standing. - Glen

MozoVote
06-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I wonder if there's time or space to conduct some classes. Campaign finance laws, precinct organizing strategy, parliamentary procedure, etc. You're going to have thousands of activists centrally located, and it probably won't happen again for a year or two. This may be the best opportunity to make something like that available for them to go back to their districts and apply that knowledge.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 09:45 AM
I wonder if there's time or space to conduct some classes. Campaign finance laws, precinct organizing strategy, parliamentary procedure, etc. You're going to have thousands of activists centrally located, and it probably won't happen again for a year or two. This may be the best opportunity to make something like that available for them to go back to their districts and apply that knowledge.

I couldn't agree more.

brandon
06-15-2008, 10:01 AM
No, it wouldn't actually be a rump convention. What you are talking about is just getting a group of unelected people together and imitating the republican convention. This would be pretty much the same as starting a 3rd party, but even less effective.

A rump convention is when a sizeable portion of ELECTED DELEGATES decide to hold an alternate convention. Fox example, if we won the majority of delegates in 10 states, then those delegations could hold an alternate convention and force their respective states to acknowledge their convention as the legitimate RNC.

The problem is we only will have about 40 delegates. This is not enough to have a rump convention.

MozoVote
06-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I think the point here, is to provide a showcase for how the GOP conventions should have been handled. It's more like a "mass meeting" in a Parliamentary sense than a competiting party structure.

However, by going through the motions of drafting a platform and electing officers for the "convention" we are training ourselves. It is preparation that would applicable to the GOP or some other party in the future.

buttonpusher
06-15-2008, 10:17 AM
If we hold a "mock" convention with the intention of showing that we know how the party rules work, and actually manage to come to an concensus on a platform, it would rock the gops world on it's arse. Imagine the press. We could have more people at our convention than at theirs.....It's not that we need to start a third party, or that we are trying to hold a rump convention. We would be using their rules and would show them how it should be done. I'm all about it. This would give us a platform, meaning #1 a venue, and meaning #2 an actual platform to continue the revolution forward.......

lodging will be a big issue, hey Steve Vincent, how's the lodging going for the march to Minn??? hint hint hint

pm me for my old handle

buttonpusher
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm liking this more and more.....