PDA

View Full Version : Rump the convention!

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 05:29 AM
There needs to be a forum header somewhere for the Ron Paul Rump Convention...sure we can call it something else if that scares people, but we should really call it what it is, even if it's only a symbolic rump.

Anyway,

I think we should form platform and Resolution Committees, and work with...(the convention chair?) to bring in a true nationwide committee with other states, and then carry a platform and a set of resolutions with us to the Ron Paul Convention. I'd honestly want to see debate on the floor, and I'd want it recorded for everyone and for distribution too. I think North Carolina could take a big lead in this. Show them how a convention ought to be done. We could caucus a platform for a while to get a fusion of the opinions of the Ron Paul delegates to the Ron Paul Rump, and then set it all up for debate on the floor.

Thoughts?

Here are a few of mine,

The dollar will collapse, and America will fall behind it. Infrastructure goes away. Wal-Mart goes away. Food Lion goes away. Welfare benefits shrink, as the emergency funding of benefits multiplies, and so devalues the dollar.

Inflation shifts wealth from the middle class to the rich. The rich get the dollars first, for one, while they are still worth more on the market. A logical transfer of wealth from the poor and the middle class, to the rich, and ultimately to the ultra wealthy alone.

It ends up in a place where there are a very few super-rich granting living privileges to the people in their favor. The rest of us, labor serfs, in a system from whence there is no way out.

Seemingly by design, (I'm still trying to give it the benefit of the doubt) the dollar itself is a bubble that will burst, and when it does it will burst hard, like the world has never seen.

Do look at the Panic of 1837, please.

Commodities prices are the first items to reflect currency devaluation, and now look at oil and gold. Wheat is being brought into the currency bubble, too. Commodities shoot up, and market speculation runs out of control, like a blood disease gone bad.

The above event brought on a 5 year depression. Worse than the Great one was.

When Americans have to go up to the block captain of their local MS-13 outfit to get food, civilization in America will collapse. There will in all probability be marshal law. Whom ever holds marshal over your area, is the law. US Government not excepted, and enforceable by deadly force.

The Patriot Act and the Homegrown Terrorist Act will be used like a pair of chopsticks to consume the innate and personal Sovereignty inherent in the soul of every American. America was the first home of the sovereign man, and today she has lost her way.

Man has become the ward of the state.

Ladies and gentlemen, if we are going to win back our party and our Republic, then we must offer an alternative to business as usual. Please, hear me.

For too long, Republicans have sought to attract liberals by becoming more liberal. The nation has forgotten what 'conservative' really means. For too long we have tolerated a constantly bigger government, and a constantly progressive tax and distribution code. If we don't offer a real alternative to "the way things are always done," then we may as well sit out the races, and let her collapse.

Behold, mortis equine: 'the revolutionary message is the strict adherence to the Writ of Law, as found within the US and State Constitutions.' Today, strict construction is itself a revolutionary message.

Simply look at what would be different were the oath of office actually upheld by everyone who took it! One little difference, and as I stand before God, I say that we would be the wealthiest, most peaceful, and most generous land there ever was in the history of the world, if only everyone honored their oaths...

Therefore, I move for an amendment to add a section to the platform, to be found under "The Sovereign American" paragraph.

"We believe in the Writ of Law, according to the Constitutional documents of our State and Nation, and pledge to honor these documents, given that we owe our special allegiance to the principles underwritten - on account of they were paid in blood.

"Thus, it is resolved at Convention, that we will uphold and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, using every political means at our disposal to restore the Republican party and to restore the Republic of United States to the right behavior towards her citizens, and towards becoming a standard of world trust in international affairs."

Cowlesy
06-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Gunny,

This is an absolutely terrific idea. This event in St. Paul must be something more than a couple good speeches, and people chanting Ron Paul. A Rump Convention, whether real/symbolic/whatever format, would provide a structure for all those in attendance, and I believe would compel more people to show up. This format, like you noted above, could be a very powerful way to send out our traditional American message -- that message not just out of Ron's mouth to once again fall on deaf ears, but thousands of people joined together making a real statement.

Thanks for the post!

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks! and I move we start forming committees now for the convention. We'll need committees for the platform, for the resolutions, the plan of organization, and rules; and also an executive committee. We'd need representation from all sorts of states, so this is the perfect vehicle to launch the committees.

Also, I want to talk to you about an idea to help this committee process to better represent everyone's voice who intends to attend the Rump Convention. Brian, you, and everyone else working for the forums. I think we can come up with a detailed and nuanced platform that we can all agree on in record time, but I'd need help to do it.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 06:57 AM
I nominate Scott Morris, of Tuscaloosa Alabama, and James V...., of Charleston, South Carolina for executive committee

Anti Federalist
06-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Gunny wrote:

Behold, mortis equine: 'the revolutionary message is the strict adherence to the Writ of Law, as found within the US and State Constitutions.' Today, strict construction is itself a revolutionary message.

Or, "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will eb a revolutionary act".

Your idea has merit.

I've been calling it the "Counter Convention", and it should be more than just 10,000 people milling about, smartly.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks! and I move we start forming committees now for the convention. We'll need committees for the platform, for the resolutions, the plan of organization, and rules; and also an executive committee. We'd need representation from all sorts of states, so this is the perfect vehicle to launch the committees.

Also, I want to talk to you about an idea to help this committee process to better represent everyone's voice who intends to attend the Rump Convention. Brian, you, and everyone else working for the forums. I think we can come up with a detailed and nuanced platform that we can all agree on in record time, but I'd need help to do it.

Back up one. I move to open nominations for executive committee,

and further ask that those nominees consist of 14 members and a chair from as diverse spectrum of Ron Paul supporters as we can possibly gather from around the nation. Nominees should have been verifiably active on behalf of Ron Paul 2008 at some point during the 2008 campaign season. Nominations would be open until July 19th (to allow for nominations arising from the March on DC scheduled for 12 July). And the first order of business for the executive committee will be to appoint the several Convention committees to prepare reports on the platform, party rules, organization, and general resolutions.

I should think the several convention committees would be encouraged by the executive committee to maintain as close communication with the delegate base (of all of those who pledge to attend the Rump) as possible, and where there is general agreement, to help build the platform (for instance) up from the grassroots.

We have to act quickly though. the subcommittees need to be in stone by August 2nd.

buttonpusher
06-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Absolutely awesome idea, brush up on your RR's folks, this could get interesting!

PM me for my old handle, changes needed to happen....

IPSecure
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Point Of Order:

Awesome!

Anarchist
06-15-2008, 03:30 PM
This is undoubtedly the most intelligent idea to come out of the campaign since it's inception. While I'm not physically or financially able to attend the convention in MN I will support and contribute what I can online.
Thank you Gunny

MikeStanart
06-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Point Of Order:

Awesome!

Point of Information:

How awesome?

AJ Antimony
06-15-2008, 03:36 PM
To make it a convention, doesn't it need proper delegations?

EDIT: and for that matter, what kind of a convention is it? If it's a political convention with committees and chairmans and the like, wouldn't it be able to nominate Dr. Paul? I wouldn't think it would look good if this happens

torchbearer
06-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I was a national delegate nominee who was robbed by the LAGOP breaking 5 of its own rules.
I will make every effort to attend the convention in St. Paul as a justifiable rump national delegate for Ron Paul.

Eric21ND
06-15-2008, 04:55 PM
So would this be a seperate event in St. Paul or would you do this in the same place the campaign has rented?

I think it would be quite an amazing thing to see all states represented by Paul supporters.

pinkmandy
06-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Incredible...RP supporters never cease to amaze me.