PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way we can appoint one of our guys for Fed Chairman

Delivered4000
06-15-2008, 04:33 AM
or one of the fellows at Mises, disguised as establishment conformist, and sneaks in the position of Fed Chairman, then blowing whistle. Who thinks?

newyearsrevolution08
06-15-2008, 04:40 AM
We need to get our people into all levels of government. I think this is a great idea.

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 04:52 AM
NO, there isn't a way! Greenspan WAS supposed to be the "good guy" AND the way. :rolleyes: :p

"..... and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

richardfortherepublic
06-15-2008, 05:02 AM
The President gets a pre approved list of candidates that the banks support, so I don't know about that....It would be a lot easier to abolish it.

Slugg
06-15-2008, 05:38 AM
NO, there isn't a way! Greenspan WAS supposed to be the "good guy" AND the way. :rolleyes: :p

"..... and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I think you're being hard on Greenspan here. For what it's worth, the Fed could have made matters even worse had it been run by someone else. I do think Greenspan saw himself as a Classical cowboy trying to rope in a wild horse. No one can really fix the problem of the Federal Reserve except Congress. I think Greenspan did his best to minimize the problem...and of course there are problems.

When we get right down to it, we don't look at Greenspan and say, "He was an awful Fed Chairmen!" We look at him and say, "The Feds got to go."

What could Greenspan have done about the fed as yet another Academic economist? Nothing. I honestly believe he protected our economy from more liberal Chairmen.

Greenspan jumped on a grenade for us. It didn't help us achieve the goal of removing the Fed, but I think he also held back inflation much more than his predicesor is going to.

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 05:47 AM
I think you're being hard on Greenspan here. For what it's worth, the Fed could have made matters even worse had it been run by someone else. I do think Greenspan saw himself as a Classical cowboy trying to rope in a wild horse. No one can really fix the problem of the Federal Reserve except Congress. I think Greenspan did his best to minimize the problem...and of course there are problems.

When we get right down to it, we don't look at Greenspan and say, "He was an awful Fed Chairmen!" We look at him and say, "The Feds got to go."

What could Greenspan have done about the fed as yet another Academic economist? Nothing. I honestly believe he protected our economy from more liberal Chairmen.

Greenspan jumped on a grenade for us. It didn't help us achieve the goal of removing the Fed, but I think he also held back inflation much more than his predicesor is going to.
Greenspan "sold out" to TPTB, in order to keep his job! :p

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

forsmant
06-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Even Ludwig Von Mises doesn't know the proper interest rate or the correct amount of money supply. The federal reserve needs to be abolished because it is flawed. Changing leadership will not solve the inherent problems of fractional reserve banking.