PDA

View Full Version : Merging RP Forums with CFL?

mport1
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
I think there should definitely be a forum on the Campaign for Liberty website so we can talk and organize. Do you think trying to incorporate this forum with the CFL site would be a good idea? Then the additional signers would be able to have accounts for the CFL forum as well.

LinuxUser269
06-15-2008, 03:18 AM
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/4/0/a/highres_2930186.jpeg

danberkeley
06-15-2008, 03:21 AM
CFL should definately have a forum but not have it merged with this one.

mediahasyou
06-15-2008, 09:07 AM
CFL needs to link to this site as it's official forum.

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Would the freedom of discussion we allow be appropiate for the "official" site? Or, would we have to be more tyrannical;) in our moderation. IOW - Hot Topics, Profanity, etc...

constitutional
06-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Not if we intend to have the forum name as Liberty Forest. <-- what a foolish name. Just my opinion though. :D

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Not if we intend to have the forum name as Liberty Forest. <-- what a foolish name. Just my opinion though. :D

I like Liberty Forest, it is a play on the term "grassroots" and IIRC was born from a post by a spy from HucksArmy, where he reported, "That forum ain't grassroots, they are growing trees!!!" or sumtin lidat...

:D

constitutional
06-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I like Liberty Forest, it is a play on the term "grassroots" and IIRC was born from a post by a spy from HucksArmy, where he reported, "That forum ain't grassroots, they are growing trees!!!" or sumtin lidat...

Interesting... that makes sense and now that I think of it, I like it. But wouldn't it be best if the name had some kind of connotation to Campaign for Liberty.

Cowlesy
06-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I thought Liberty Forest name derived from the Liberty Tree (famous tree in Boston Common)?

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Interesting... that makes sense and now that I think of it, I like it. But wouldn't it be best if the name had some kind of connotation to Campaign for Liberty.

I imagine it will be good to incorporate CfL into the banners etc, don't know if lengthening the name is such a good idea...

I am pretty e-gnorant, wouldn't putting CfL into the tag thingies be just as effective for SEO?

MRoCkEd
06-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I like Joseph Hart's banner
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Organjic/RPforumbanner.jpg

Bryan
06-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I thought Liberty Forest name derived from the Liberty Tree (famous tree in Boston Common)?
Yes- but what RPH says too works as well. :)

I like Josephs banner as well.

ScotTX
06-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I just had this idea this morning when i woke up! I thought, "the CFL website needs a forum. RPForums would be perfect. MERGE!

buttonpusher
06-15-2008, 11:06 AM

love the banner, update your sig, HE is the R candidate for NC-4!!!!

yongrel
06-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I think it would make sense to have two separate forums. CFL's forum would be extremely narrow in that discussion would be limited to actual activism and efforts for the CFL. Strictly moderated to keep it on topic. Nothing that is not directly germane to the effort.

RPF, I think, should remain autonomous, since it provides a valuable community tool. RPF is a place where everything can be discussed, including 9/11 Truth, vaccines, vitamins, etc without directly sullying Ron Paul's efforts.

I think that it is vital to have a discussion forum that is not in any way tied to the CFL. That way, when we say something stupid, it isn't the CFL's problem.

Sandra
06-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I think it would make sense to have two separate forums. CFL's forum would be extremely narrow in that discussion would be limited to actual activism and efforts for the CFL. Strictly moderated to keep it on topic. Nothing that is not directly germane to the effort.

RPF, I think, should remain autonomous, since it provides a valuable community tool. RPF is a place where everything can be discussed, including 9/11 Truth, vaccines, vitamins, etc without directly sullying Ron Paul's efforts.

I think that it is vital to have a discussion forum that is not in any way tied to the CFL. That way, when we say something stupid, it isn't the CFL's problem.

+1

forsmant
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought the CFL was modeled after Moveon.org.

MsDoodahs
06-15-2008, 12:57 PM

theantirobot
06-15-2008, 02:06 PM
How about a social news site for CFL
Software similar to reddit.com could easily be used as a forum.

Here's a video talking about the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0nZ9QE4BY

MozoVote
06-15-2008, 08:00 PM

Agree. As much whining as we already hear on RPF about how the moderators manage things, I'm sure a lot of people here would chafe under the more limited scope of a CFL forum.

I would welcome seeing that, I think... and probably spend more time there. Let's get the real activists together and strategize. Enough bitching about how Paul was treated by the media, or why some Congressman endorsed McCain, etc. etc.

Focus, people... focus.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM

Then what do you think of BREAK THE MATRIX working closely with CFL? Now THAT is a foolish and childish name :rolleyes:

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM

that is kick ass

LibertyEagle
06-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Then what do you think of BREAK THE MATRIX working closely with CFL? Now THAT is a foolish and childish name :rolleyes:

C'mon man. If you don't like what Trevor and Rick have done, then exercise your own individual liberty and create an organization of your own.

We're doing way too much criticizing of what others have/are doing in this movement, instead of doing stuff ourselves.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:15 PM
C'mon man. If you don't like what Trevor and Rick have done, then exercise your own individual liberty and create an organization of your own.

We're doing way too much criticizing of what others have/are doing in this movement, instead of doing stuff ourselves.

You have no idea what I am doing.

MsDoodahs
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM

True - we see only your posts here, so that's all we know of what you are doing.

dannno
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Look, the Campaign for Liberty is not going to suppress the truth.

According to the Mission Statement found myeh:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/mission/

"Featuring written as well as video commentaries on the news and issues of the day."

and specifically the Statement of Principles:

"Neither talks about bringing American troops home not just from Iraq but from around the world."

and

"With our Founding Fathers, we also believe in a noninterventionist foreign policy. Inspired by the old Robert Taft wing of the Republican Party, we are convinced that the American people cannot remain free and prosperous with 700 military bases around the world, troops in 130 countries, and a steady diet of war propaganda. Our military overstretch is undermining our national defense and bankrupting our country."

These are the principles regarding foreign policy.

"Our stances on other issues can be deduced from these general principles."

I see nothing in there about keeping truth out of CFL. And no, I don't imagine the truth movement will try to take over the CFL, but they are not inseparable.

LibertyEagle
06-15-2008, 08:25 PM

True enough. But the fact still remains that if you think you can do a better job of something that someone else is doing, go ahead and start a competing effort if you want to. But this constant haranguing of others' work that some people seem to have gotten into, really needs to be diverted to something more productive.

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
True enough. But the fact still remains that if you think you can do a better job of something that someone else is doing, go ahead and start a competing effort if you want to. But this constant haranguing of others' work that some people seem to have gotten into it, really needs to be diverted to something more productive.

I am only hammering on one persons work. But back to the thread at hand.

LibertyEagle
06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
I see nothing in there about keeping truth out of CFL. And no, I don't imagine the truth movement will try to take over the CFL, but they are not inseparable.

Agreed. They are not inseparable. Which means, they are separable.

Knightskye
06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Merging? Okay, let's start hammering out the Solidarity and Patriotic Partnership...

dannno
06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Agreed. They are not inseparable. Which means, they are separable.

Amazing how the entire point was lost on a simple semantics error.

RonPaulwillWin
06-15-2008, 08:46 PM

thats awesome