PDA

View Full Version : Read Between The Lines: Analyze Ron Paul's Letter

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Read between the lines with me and tell me what you think this all really means (IOW, let the assumptions and crackpot theories fly).

Dear Supporter,

These past 17 months have been among the most exciting and eventful of my life. Together you and I delivered a message of freedom the likes of which American politics had not seen in decades. I wasn’t sure the country was ready for it. But it was a message, I discovered, that many Americans had been waiting for a long time to hear.

I have been blessed with the most informed, well read, and enthusiastic supporters of any presidential campaign. Your extraordinary efforts in organizing and fundraising grabbed the attention of millions of Americans and shocked just about everyone in politics and the media. I still cannot get over all the fantastic work you did.

Something of great significance has just occurred in our country’s history.

With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end. But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started. Therefore, I am happy to announce the official launch of the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty. The work of the Campaign for Liberty will take many forms. We will educate our fellow Americans in freedom, sound money, non-interventionism, and free markets. We’ll have our own commentaries and videos on the news of the day. I’ll work with friends I respect to design materials for homeschoolers.

Politically, we’ll expand the great work of our precinct leader program. We’ll make our presence felt at every level of government, where just a few people with our level of enthusiasm can make a world of difference. We’ll keep an eye on Congress and lobby against legislation that threatens us. We’ll identify and support political candidates who champion our great ideas against the empty suits the party establishments offer the public.

We will be a permanent presence on the American political landscape. That I promise you. We’re not about to let all this good work die. To the contrary, with your help we’re going to make it grow – by leaps and bounds.

This is the most ambitious venture of my political career, and I think it can achieve great things. But I can’t do this alone. I need you to help me. I need your energy, your creativity, your ideas, and your dedication.

People frustrated with our political system often wonder what they can do. I have founded this organization to answer that question, to give people the opportunity to do something that really makes a difference in the fight for freedom. Please join me by becoming a member of the Campaign for Liberty. Our goal is 100,000 members by September. Can we reach it?

Our campaign netted 1.1 million votes in the primaries of a shrinking Republican Party. Millions more support us. I need you to help me reach them – and to keep making new converts to the cause. What a force we can be, if only we rise to the occasion.

Now what about the Republican Convention in St. Paul? Our delegates will attend, of course, and I expect our contingent to have a visible presence there. Without disruption, we will do whatever we can to influence the party and its platform, and return the GOP to its limited-government roots. This is very important.

This brings me to my second announcement. I invite you to join us at Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota on Tuesday, September 2nd, for a grand rally. We intend to draw over 11,000 people. We’ll have live music and entertainment, and special guests. I’ll address you all as well. A massive rally will generate still more interest in our ideas. And what a great time it will be.
Remember that it was Senator Robert Taft, who shared our views, who was called Mr. Republican. But we are not merely the Republican Party’s past. If the enthusiasm of young people for our campaign is any indication, we are also its future.

Right now I will need your patience and input as we develop our program and assemble just the right team of individuals. But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

Over the past week we’ve learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit.

“Dr. Paul cured my apathy,” a popular campaign sign read. Others said our campaign cured their cynicism. We have now reached a moment of great moral decision: will we let ourselves retreat into apathy and cynicism once again, or will we dig in for the long haul and fight all the harder? Will we retire from the scene quietly, or will we give the establishment the fight of its life?

“In the final analysis,” I wrote in my new book The Revolution: A Manifesto, “the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them.”

The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Join us, and be a part of it.

For liberty,
Ron Paul

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:00 AM

I found this paragraph/sentence to be unusual. What do you suppose he is referring to?

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Now what about the Republican Convention in St. Paul? Our delegates will attend, of course, and I expect our contingent to have a visible presence there. Without disruption, we will do whatever we can to influence the party and its platform, and return the GOP to its limited-government roots. This is very important.

When RP says this is very important, I believe him. What's up his sleeve, do you think?

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Over the past week we’ve learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

The use of the words 'major parties' would seem to include more than 2.

Also, this criticism leads me to wonder what 3rd party implications this statement might have...

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:04 AM
In his letter on http://www.ronpaul2008.com , he uses somewhat different wording, and the plot thickens:

We don't have to live in the kind of America the two major parties have in store for us.

Kludge
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
I, Dr. Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD, know that Dr. Paul would never say THIS
We have now reached a moment of great moral decision

It is obviose to me that Dr. Paul did not write that lettr. It was obviosely the work of Dr. Terror, of the terrorists.

Yes, I, Dr. Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD have proven - WITHOUT A DOUT - that Dr. Paul is in fact a terrorist.

But remember, this claim - no... This MOVEMENT - is not about me, Dr. Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD because I, Dr. Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD am just one person. We need to move beyond me, Dr. Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD and talk about what a terrorist Dr. Ronald Earnest Paul is.

I have great respect for men, but Dr. Paul is terror in the flesh!

- DOCTOR Johanne Sebastion Leopold, PhD, ADA, ASD, PPF, TEF, MAA, BAA, BAM, BAD, and BHP

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:08 AM
The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit.

hmmm... 3rd party?

LizF
06-15-2008, 02:17 AM

Also, this criticism leads me to wonder what 3rd party implications this statement might have...

That struck me too when I first read the letter.

I don't think he's proposing a "Ron Paul party" or asking us to join the Libertarians--at least not now--especially since he is running for Congress on the GOP ticket.

It's possible he is waiting to see what kind of interest is generated in the Campaign for Liberty, or he may be signaling to us to "take back" the corrupt parties starting from the grassroots level.

danberkeley
06-15-2008, 02:18 AM
has anyone seen enough movies or read enough books to know what will happen next?

Kludge
06-15-2008, 02:21 AM
has anyone seen enough movies or read enough books to know what will happen next?

Well, judging by Dr. Paul (Dr. TERROR)'s hand gestures at the rally, he is planning on starting an independent run to expose truth!

Jesse Ventura will run VP (my sources told me so) with him and John Stossel will be the treasurer.

They will put up counters like before and, because of that, they will WIN!!!

Conza88
06-15-2008, 02:22 AM
LOL Kludge... perfect. This thread doesn't deserve a dignified response.

I've read Audacity of Hope. ;) We're fucked..

On a positive note, this kind of comes to mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-AzCdr1XY).

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:23 AM
This thread doesn't deserve a dignified response.

excuse me? what did I miss Conza?

Madison
06-15-2008, 02:24 AM
The Independent candidacy will happen.

Kludge
06-15-2008, 02:24 AM
excuse me? what did I miss Conza?

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/808/808643/dance-dance-revolution-hottest-party-20070726101255331.jpg

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't think he's proposing a "Ron Paul party" or asking us to join the Libertarians--at least not now--especially since he is running for Congress on the GOP ticket.

No certainly not yet.

It's possible he is waiting to see what kind of interest is generated in the Campaign for Liberty, or he may be signaling to us to "take back" the corrupt parties starting from the grassroots level.

Seems to me that's what he's preached along the way -- take back the GOP. Would make some sense that he would encourage activism within every party -- let each individual choose which party they feel aligned to -- and not attempt to endorse a party itself - but only the underlying principles of liberty.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:30 AM

The only thing I can come up with that this might refer to is the Supreme Court's 5-4 vote that detainees in Gitmo have the right to a fair trial.

Conza88
06-15-2008, 02:35 AM
^^

I found this paragraph/sentence to be unusual. What do you suppose he is referring to?

Geezus, it's the movement... He's not offering secret meanings, or trying to send embedded messages through his website to us, his supporters - so the MSM can't decipher them..

He means, what he wrote.. :rolleyes:

Read between the lines? Hahaha, actually read the lines - let them sink in before, you start to looking at the gap.. (between the lines) and proceed to fill it with fluff. Thats what you missed..

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Geezus, it's the movement... He's not offering secret meanings, or trying to send embedded messages through his website to us, his supporters - so the MSM can't decipher them..

He means, what he wrote.. :rolleyes:

Read between the lines? Hahaha, actually read the lines - let them sink in before, you start to looking at the gap.. (between the lines) and proceed to fill it with fluff. Thats what you missed..

I appreciate the dignified response.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 02:55 AM
We’ll have our own commentaries and videos on the news of the day.

What form do you suppose this will take?

damon04
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
When RP says this is very important, I believe him. What's up his sleeve, do you think?

Ron Paul says in his letter that is very important to change the platform of the Republican Party through gaining seats and delegates in the near future.

When RP says it is very important, he really really means it. There will come a point in time when the Republicans cannot balance the 2 party system anymore and they collide to the super-party corporatism state. It is incredibly eveident, now more than ever that this is happening. With the neocons selcting our most liberal Republican senator to run against the MOST liberal one?? The Republicans MUST return to their base, return to the strict interpretation of our Constitution before that time comes. We MUST change their platform and inundate our country with Ron Paul candidates!

There has been an awakening in America through this Primary season with Ron Paul being the movement's icon. The revolution began with US! As the country has been slipping and economic woes brewing, people have started to educate themselves about the REAL situation at hand. So many are unaware of the incredible danger this country is facing! This Great Awakening to the eventual return to our Constitutional Republic MUST succeed before its lost forever. The strategy is to take back our Republic through many many elections across the country. Fill our Congress with more Ron Paul like-minded Republicans (and libertarians/Constitutionalists) every single election. It can happen and MUST happen.

I am absolutely in love with this movement, it has changed my outlook on my life. I now know that this could be the greatest thing anybody could ever be involved with. In the name of liberty! I came to a rude awakening of sorts when I started following RP and the R[evol]ution. It has filled me with joy to see so many people getting the picture and our numbers ONLY GROW!! Who really could go back to a neocon mindframe!?! you know?? I am 22 years old and and am so proud to be in for the fight worthy of my lifetime. Half of us should be running for office in the next 8 years!

Kludge
06-15-2008, 03:04 AM
What form do you suppose this will take?

Form of... A cortical artery!

http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v68/n3/images/4496194f2.gif

ryanmkeisling
06-15-2008, 03:07 AM
The only thing I can come up with that this might refer to is the Supreme Court's 5-4 vote that detainees in Gitmo have the right to a fair trial.

IMHO the paragraph above is the qualifier for the statement you reference. I also think when he says "influence the party, etc...he means take it over, or as he puts it take it back. If he can get enough supporters to play along over time the republican party will be Ron Paul Republicans and the old guard will be entirely disenfranchised, by us (the current GOP leadership has to be scared shitless already.) Where will they go? The libertarians have their so-called reformed neo-conn so maybe they will go there. They will easily fit in with Barrs record and Roots mouth. The Republican party is in shambles, no one among the old guard really wants Mccain (they are only rallying behind him for party unity,) popularity is lacking (how much new blood are they bringing in right now, with the popularity of Obama and Dr. Paul? GWB presidency has not helped either) so now is the time to strike the death blow to the GOP, they are weak. There was never a better time. I think the message is very clear. The more people whom are educated about the message, all the more that will be brought into the fray. Can you imagine what say a million liberty educated supporters focused on taking back the GOP could do? That is a strong base of support. I wonder if they even have that many active in politics (i.e. party people) working within the party right now? If they do you can bet they are not all on the same page as we are; focused on freedom. I also think over several years if the current conditions persist (economic woes, wars, etc) this could be 3-? million strong, then what? Even right now despite the media treatment and everything else the Ron Paul Revolution has proven to be a force to be reckoned with and it is only an infant, wait until it is a grown man (or woman.) Ever read Malcolm Gladwell's books? That is how it happens in America once the message is "mainstream" popular everyone and their brother will want to join. IMHO

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 03:16 AM
IMHO the paragraph above is the qualifier for the statement you reference.

KISS and occum say you're right I suppose, but it seems an awkward choice -- "just occurred" implies a singular event, not one that spans multiple days or weeks.

If referencing the movement in general, the sentence doesn't seem to hold the power necessary to justify a paragraph of it's own. I would expect RP to say something to the effect of "Even the MSM realizes that, because of you, something of great significance...".

"Something of great significance" is the type of phrase that is usually used in lieu of defining the 'something.'

Isn't it an odd choice, when there are so many ways to say 'our movement is of great significance,' 'don't forget the significance of our movement' etc etc

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 03:22 AM
I’ll work with friends I respect to design materials for homeschoolers.

This might be the most exciting sentence in the entire letter, to me.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 03:26 AM
This is the most ambitious venture of my political career, and I think it can achieve great things.

The guy just ran for president, and this is more ambitious?

Big stuff, folks.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 03:32 AM
But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

He does not say, "it is my intention to announce the launch at our rally" -- the wording seems to imply that he will do something bigger than tell us the website is no longer beta.

Sounds like a physical occurrence is in his mind, possibly something as simple as the ringing of a liberty bell?

ryanmkeisling
06-15-2008, 03:55 AM
He does not say, "it is my intention to announce the launch at our rally" -- the wording seems to imply that he will do something bigger than tell us the website is no longer beta.

Sounds like a physical occurrence is in his mind, possibly something as simple as the ringing of a liberty bell?

I agree he definitely is holding something back. He has the Ace of Spades up his sleeve:D It has certainly peaked my interest.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 04:00 AM
so now is the time to strike the death blow to the GOP, they are weak.

Absolutely -- what intrigues me about the letter is that this has been RP's message 100% for some time now, and he echoes it in the letter, but makes several statements that seem to me to show he has something broader, or different, in mind.

ryanmkeisling
06-15-2008, 04:00 AM
This might be the most exciting sentence in the entire letter, to me.

We are simply the groundwork for the movement as a whole. He is clearly focused on the kids who can't vote yet but are excited about the movement (kids bringing their parents to his office telling him it was the kids that influenced them.) Educate them and there is no telling where this could go. Those kids are the future of this country and if enough of them are indoctrinated outside of the public school system (i.e. real American history, philosophy of freedom, etc.) the establishment does not stand a chance in hell.

Conza88
06-15-2008, 04:06 AM
:rolleyes:

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 04:07 AM
I agree he definitely is holding something back.

Yes!

His previous letters seem to focus more on complimenting us and thanking us, but in this one it seems that genuine excitement is showing through.

In the version at ronpaul2008.com, he also says,

We have some exciting plans and projects to move the revolution forward that will come together in the next several months. Watch for them. (emphasis mine)

There's that short sentence technique he likes to use - to galvanize the good and strike fear among evil at the same time -- my most optimistic guess is that we should watch our televisions for some of these projects to appear.

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Why is the ham green? that's pretty funny.

Conza88
06-15-2008, 04:20 AM
that's inappropriate.

So's the premise of the thread. :rolleyes:

constituent
06-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Why is the ham green?

that's fuggin' funny right there. i don't care how you slice it.

Conza88
06-15-2008, 06:42 AM
that's fuggin' funny right there. i don't care how you slice it.

Haha, yea I was quoting Green, Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss.. had a little rant... anyway, editted the comment after cooling down. :D

NightOwl
06-15-2008, 08:59 AM

I just took it to mean that we've just seen the most energetic, creative, spontaneous outpouring of pro-liberty political activity in spite of media distortions and neglect. That millions of people came out in support of positions that we don't normally even get to hear about, much less vote for. Isn't that significant?

NightOwl
06-15-2008, 09:00 AM

I took it to mean just the opposite: "major parties" means Democrats and Republicans.

NightOwl
06-15-2008, 09:01 AM
hmmm... 3rd party?

No, I take "laying the foundations" to mean he has a longer-haul plan in mind. Laying the foundations involves a lot of education, etc. Then you have a larger base to work with the next election cycle.

NightOwl
06-15-2008, 09:03 AM
KISS and occum say you're right I suppose, but it seems an awkward choice -- "just occurred" implies a singular event, not one that spans multiple days or weeks.

If referencing the movement in general, the sentence doesn't seem to hold the power necessary to justify a paragraph of it's own. I would expect RP to say something to the effect of "Even the MSM realizes that, because of you, something of great significance...".

"Something of great significance" is the type of phrase that is usually used in lieu of defining the 'something.'

Isn't it an odd choice, when there are so many ways to say 'our movement is of great significance,' 'don't forget the significance of our movement' etc etc

It's a dramatic choice. "Our movement is of great significance" puts me to sleep. "Something of great significance has just occurred in our country's history" gives me the chills.

Sally08
06-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I received absolutely nothing from the RP2008 HQ about either the speech or the campaign ending.

Yet, I usually receive duplicate e-mails of RP/HQ e-mails, because I donated with two different e-mail addresses.

Did Yahoo censor those e-mails or was the e-mail only sent to those who had already registered with Campaign for Liberty??

If the latter, how would anyone not glued to forums know a thing about the existence of CFL before RP's speech or *even now*?

From a *general* activist who is also an RP supporter, I received a forward of an e-mail
From: "Campaign for Liberty" <contact@campaignforliberty.com>

That was my *only* notification that there were major changes in the RP campaign on Thursday.

So:

1. Either Yahoo censored (not filtered to SPAM but blocked entirely with no notification to either sender or recipient) two HQ e-mails to two different paid e-mail accounts, or

2. Those who donated to RP never received any e-mail notification whatsoever and may know nothing about the speech, the campaign ending, or the change in direction.

armstrong
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
most interesting times we live in today, something of great significance, our movement,the awakening of america, I agree these two things are not a event that happened over night, seems to me also Dr. Paul is speaking of something of even more noteworthyness. hmmm---comes to mind the meeting in chantilly,,,,the Liberty movement at the grassroots (us) and others,rumors of another coming war,the economy, with the Liberty movement growing each day the gop will over a short time loose more power while freedom rings louder....Hmmmm yesterday I seemed to recall seeing something of monitoring of the amount of time a person can be on the internet-------are we about to loose even more rights?,,,,,Marshall Law? cause the ecomomy is bad, a new war and oh no election in nowember? there is so much happening and to many ways we could go, when trying to think about it.....states talking about sussesion, wow we should all pray for a wonderfull 3rd party candidate to jump in Jesse Ventura/Ron Paul/Krucenich/-------I myself do not believe we have 4 more years to wait,,,our economy cannot wait/ continued presence in 700 offshore military bases(the cost) oil,we do not have years for by then we shall most likely be in more wars,,,,now is the time to be a patriot,, march to washington ,go to st.paul,, a Patriot summit....Ron himself knows of the dangers and I love him for standing tall

Feelgood
06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Well since he has officially dropped out, I dont understand the need for the rally of his own. I though the whole point was to try and hopefully sway the GOP sheeple to denounce McCain and vote for Ron. Now there is no point. Its all over...

Goodbye Constitution, Goodbye USA as we know it. The bankers and FED have won, its all over. :(

ItsTime
06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Well since he has officially dropped out, I dont understand the need for the rally of his own. I though the whole point was to try and hopefully sway the GOP sheeple to denounce McCain and vote for Ron. Now there is no point. Its all over...

Goodbye Constitution, Goodbye USA as we know it. The bankers and FED have won, its all over. :(

This movement is not for bed wetters.

armstrong
06-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Oranization and working together as a whole is the key...........The constitution party, green party,Libertarian party,and the freedom lovers and senisible Demacrates and the conservitive republicans and other independants all saying enough is enough and voting as a whole will work ----takes organization and working as one-----Ron is right!!!!!education!!!!!but that also takes time-----yes that to can work if we have the time!!!!!we have 4 months and a few weeks before the election,,,to elect what -whom---Obama or MCnCheece!!!!and wait 4 more years:::::Patriot Summit!!!!!!!but still continue to work and teach others!!!!!!God bless all of Us.........wishing Ron Paul 08

armstrong
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
The Doctor and teacher has taught us well """"I hear him say I think " Little grasshoppers go and do the work that needs to be done and make it happen......

Paulitical Correctness
06-15-2008, 12:31 PM
LOL!

You people never cease to amaze and tickle me.

wgadget
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Deliciously intriguing thread.

:)

alaric
06-15-2008, 01:02 PM

I don't have the feeling that he has completely dropped out. This is more like a suspension. He is being like the cat. Waiting, but ready to strike!:cool:

szczebrzeszyn
06-15-2008, 01:05 PM
What would RPF be without little secrets and encrypted messages.

alaric
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Oranization and working together as a whole is the key...........The constitution party, green party,Libertarian party,and the freedom lovers and senisible Demacrates and the conservitive republicans and other independants all saying enough is enough and voting as a whole will work ----takes organization and working as one-----Ron is right!!!!!education!!!!!but that also takes time-----yes that to can work if we have the time!!!!!we have 4 months and a few weeks before the election,,,to elect what -whom---Obama or MCnCheece!!!!and wait 4 more years:::::Patriot Summit!!!!!!!but still continue to work and teach others!!!!!!God bless all of Us.........wishing Ron Paul 08

if at some time before Nov, all the above mentioned groups could agree to vote for ONE independent candidate, consider the power this would have!

wgadget
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
This part of the letter is the most intriguing to me:

"Right now I will need your patience and input as we develop our program and assemble just the right team of individuals. But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

"Over the past week we’ve learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

"The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit."

It is written almost in a timeline format, starting with the RIGHT NOW, moving to what is happening OUT THERE RIGHT NOW, and then goes into how the Campaign for Liberty will affect the FUTURE. It clearly talks about the "two major parties," and specifically calls out the Democrats. From there he describes his Campaign for Liberty as almost a new CHOICE for the near future.

________

“Dr. Paul cured my apathy,” a popular campaign sign read. Others said our campaign cured their cynicism. We have now reached a moment of great moral decision: will we let ourselves retreat into apathy and cynicism once again, or will we dig in for the long haul and fight all the harder? Will we retire from the scene quietly, or will we give the establishment the fight of its life?"

It seems from this paragraph that Dr. Ron offers us some rhetorical questions, the clear answer being WE WILL GIVE THE ESTABLISHMENT (the two parties) THE FIGHT OF ITS LIFE.

How???? THAT IS THE EXCITING PART

___

Lastly, this:

"The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Dr. Paul has named the crises of our times one by one, and says it's TIME TO ACT. He kinda leaves us hanging on how exactly, but he had already asked us to BE PATIENT. Something BIG is in the works. Dr. Paul is no amateur politician. He loves our country. I personally am hoping that he will run as an INDEPENDENT. But I know what kind of flak those kind of statements get around here. Just hold the flame-bombs, okay? I'm as excited as you guys are about whatever he has in mind.

Kludge
06-15-2008, 01:32 PM
What would RPF be without little secrets and encrypted messages.

No different :)

wgadget
06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I just listened again to the interview that Ron had with Tom Abrahams before the big Texas speech, and he said several key things.

1. "Our big showing is going to be in St. Paul" where we will "talk about the platform that we should have."

2. "He's not endorsing anyone" and doesn't plan to.

3. "I think really and truly that this is the beginning of something VERY BIG."

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I can't help but think this points to an independent run. He also said "We'll raise more money..." but then quickly said that we're not just about raising money. Seemed a little fishy, there, but my stubborn little Ron Paul-fan brain likes the idea of raising money for an independent run.

Here's the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx7jrJsb3U

RideTheDirt
06-15-2008, 02:01 PM
This thread reminds me of people who call the Constitution a "living document".

wgadget
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
And ANOTHER thing...

Think of the timing here, folks. Ron Paul is pushing for a HUGE rally in St. Paul on September 2. He knows he won't get the nomination, but by telling us it is "our big showing," I wonder if it wouldn't just be the perfect backdrop (as well as perfect time) to make a HUGE announcement.

When will the actual nomination for McCain take place? I'm pretty sure it was a few days later. By Ron having his huge rally on the 2nd, the buzz will be all over the place at the RNC. If he were to announce an independent run, it would be really bad news for McCain, and the delegates might possibly re-consider the Ron, especially after we will have so vehemently laid out our CONSERVATIVE platform just days earlier.

I love this forum...Such a cool place to dream and prattle.

wgadget
06-15-2008, 02:04 PM

The Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty is a LIVING CAMPAIGN.

:D

armstrong
06-15-2008, 02:06 PM
OH yea,,,,,,,,,,,,,

armstrong
06-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Living for liberty ,,I like the sound of that.just paid my quarterlys,,now I am broke again....

tpreitzel
06-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Hmmm,

If Ron announces his candidacy for POTUS via some third party in September, I wonder WHICH party Ron will allegedly pursue as the presidential nominee with just two months remaining until the general election? ;)
Let's stop daydreaming so much and do a bit more work promoting the CFL, OK? We have real work to do.

wgadget
06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Probably the LIBERTY PARTY, no doubt.

mlmvh
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Sally 08,

You're worried that people signed up on www.ronpaul2008.com haven't received the news about www.campaignforliberty.org. My husband donated from his email address, but he hasn't used his email address for anything else during the campaign, and he received an email from "Campaign for Liberty" about the new website! So, I'm pretty sure that all donors and people signed up on www.ronpaul2008.com received a notice about the new website.

MMolloy
06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
LOL Kludge... perfect. This thread doesn't deserve a dignified response.

+1

wgadget
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Well....To be fair, the OP didn't ASK for a "dignified response."

"(IOW, let the assumptions and crackpot theories fly)."

Sally08
06-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Sally 08,

You're worried that people signed up on www.ronpaul2008.com haven't received the news about www.campaignforliberty.org. My husband donated from his email address, but he hasn't used his email address for anything else during the campaign, and he received an email from "Campaign for Liberty" about the new website! So, I'm pretty sure that all donors and people signed up on www.ronpaul2008.com received a notice about the new website.

That appears to mean that Yahoo may have censored *two* e-mails to me.

Since my e-mail application still downloads BULK e-mails, they weren't filtered to BULK, either (obviously, with no warning, no one had the opportunity of "whitelisting" campaignforliberty).

I have been researching true ISP censorship, so I have subscriptions with Yahoo, GMail, and AOL to see which ISP does what. They are definitely scanning *content/links* within the e-mail text session, regardless of whitelisted sender or not.

I've even forwarded things to myself at the same e-mail address (for web access) and had such e-mails filtered to BULK based on content or URLs within:(

QUESTION: Did anyone else *not* receive the CampaignForLiberty e-mail via their prior donation e-mail address(es), particularly Yahoo e-mail (paid?) addresses?

I have two paid Yahoo e-mails and Yahoo has been the most unreliable I've ever encountered. It even shut down my *job search e-mail address* "to protect me" from some unknown activity. NINE DAYS later I finally had to go through the garbage chat process and get forwarded up 3 levels of wait times.

I think they had yet another problem and gave me no explanation whatsoever. Won't be renewing such paid accounts again!

The Good Doctor
06-15-2008, 04:22 PM
NAU and NWO?

In his letter on http://www.ronpaul2008.com , he uses somewhat different wording, and the plot thickens:

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 11:39 PM
I just took it to mean that we've just seen the most energetic, creative, spontaneous outpouring of pro-liberty political activity in spite of media distortions and neglect. That millions of people came out in support of positions that we don't normally even get to hear about, much less vote for. Isn't that significant?

It's certainly significant, but that didn't 'just happen', it happened over time. What 'just happened'?

nayjevin
06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
I took it to mean just the opposite: "major parties" means Democrats and Republicans.

I thought that 'the 2 party system' was such a regularly used phrase for those two parties, that using the phrase "major parties" might be a description of more than the two.

The Constitution Party, the Green Party, and the Libertarian Party might also be called major parties.

I don't think that he plans to start a new party -- I would assume that change would take too long, and he's said so many times that 3rd parties have no chance, but, hey, food for thought.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
No, I take "laying the foundations" to mean he has a longer-haul plan in mind. Laying the foundations involves a lot of education, etc. Then you have a larger base to work with the next election cycle.

good point -- simplest answer. he's a realist -- and I believe it's logical to believe that there aren't enough liberty lovers to secure liberty for all just yet -- but that the waking up process can occur very quickly -- with the proper educational tools.

Also, Ron, more than most, perhaps, realizes that having a Liberty-Loving president isn't as important as having a liberty-loving populace. Winning a presidential election isn't everything -- the worst president in the world would be largely impotent if the public is educated, and if the legislative and judicial are doing their job.

perhaps stretching a bit, however, consider that he uses these two phrases:
"laying the foundations"
and earlier,
"in its full capacity"
in the sentence: "But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September."
That makes me picture a building. I'd like to see a lobbying headquarters in D.C.

It's a dramatic choice. "Our movement is of great significance" puts me to sleep. "Something of great significance has just occurred in our country's history" gives me the chills.

again, good point -- simplest answer.

However: to me, at this point, Ron telling me the movement is significant is a borefest in and of itself, however he would word it. I know -- I've been watching it all along! He knows we don't need to hear that over and over again, so why? The idea that it is unecessary to remind us that what we have done is significant, and the curious use of words/paragraph layout gets my mind rolling.

Course, that's the point of this thread, to me. Speculate much, and make it as far-fetched as you desire.

NightOwl
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
It's certainly significant, but that didn't 'just happen', it happened over time. What 'just happened'?

Yes, it did "just happen." In a country over 200 years old, a 17-month campaign is a bat of the eye. No other reading of that sentence makes sense. He's obviously not referring to the Guantanamo decision, which he nowhere refers to and would be completely out of place at that point in the letter.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:12 AM

"feelgood". that's hilarious.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't have the feeling that he has completely dropped out. This is more like a suspension. He is being like the cat. Waiting, but ready to strike!:cool:

Yes! Ron will be armed with some GOP convention loophole, unsuspend his campaign the night of the convention (when John McCain is shown to be ineligible for the presidency hahahah), then he bumrushes the presidency like the end of Rambo!

mmmm..... sweet mother of imagination....

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:20 AM
if at some time before Nov, all the above mentioned groups could agree to vote for ONE independent candidate, consider the power this would have!

yup, I've always believed man is inherently good, though he may be ignorant. All liberty ever needed was consensus of action among enlightened individuals.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:28 AM
This part of the letter is the most intriguing to me:

"Right now I will need your patience and input as we develop our program and assemble just the right team of individuals. But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

"Over the past week we’ve learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

"The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit."

It is written almost in a timeline format, starting with the RIGHT NOW, moving to what is happening OUT THERE RIGHT NOW, and then goes into how the Campaign for Liberty will affect the FUTURE. It clearly talks about the "two major parties," and specifically calls out the Democrats. From there he describes his Campaign for Liberty as almost a new CHOICE for the near future.

Very good observation, IMO -- this desribes what I was unable to. It reads as though the "foundation" is directly related to there being no current choices for a party with integrity.

“Dr. Paul cured my apathy,” a popular campaign sign read. Others said our campaign cured their cynicism. We have now reached a moment of great moral decision: will we let ourselves retreat into apathy and cynicism once again, or will we dig in for the long haul and fight all the harder? Will we retire from the scene quietly, or will we give the establishment the fight of its life?"

It seems from this paragraph that Dr. Ron offers us some rhetorical questions, the clear answer being WE WILL GIVE THE ESTABLISHMENT (the two parties) THE FIGHT OF ITS LIFE.

How???? THAT IS THE EXCITING PART
yes! yes!

Lastly, this:

"The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Dr. Paul has named the crises of our times one by one, and says it's TIME TO ACT. He kinda leaves us hanging on how exactly, but he had already asked us to BE PATIENT. Something BIG is in the works. Dr. Paul is no amateur politician. He loves our country. I personally am hoping that he will run as an INDEPENDENT. But I know what kind of flak those kind of statements get around here. Just hold the flame-bombs, okay? I'm as excited as you guys are about whatever he has in mind.I added the bold emphasis because this is practically a photocopy of my thoughts on this letter -- and my disclaimer about 'let the crackpot theories fly' was an attempt to pre-emptively dissuade the inevitable flak and flame-bombs.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:34 AM
I just listened again to the interview that Ron had with Tom Abrahams before the big Texas speech...

thanks for linking this. like candy for the brain!

...and he said several key things.

1. "Our big showing is going to be in St. Paul" where we will "talk about the platform that we should have."Precinct chairs are changing the platform from the ground up already, at least the platform of the Republican party.

If Ron plans to start a brand new party, the wording fits. What will the platform be?

If Ron plans to run independent, the wording he chose fits; it seems to say, "what should the platform be?", but only if he plans to involve his supporters in the process of defining that platform.

If Ron plans no presidential run at all for himself -- then the wording would seem to fit as well -- it seems to say "I'll talk about my ideals, and show you the tools I've put in place, and you guys go and spread liberty in your state." IOW, providing the ramifications of the platform, and little else.

2. "He's not endorsing anyone" and doesn't plan to. Very interesting.

3. "I think really and truly that this is the beginning of something VERY BIG."Not sure if this is just more evidence for what I already want to believe, but there is that use of 'something' instead of describing the 'something' again.

At the very least, the good doctor knows how to generate some excitement!

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I can't help but think this points to an independent run. He also said "We'll raise more money..." but then quickly said that we're not just about raising money. Seemed a little fishy, there, but my stubborn little Ron Paul-fan brain likes the idea of raising money for an independent run.

Here's the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx7jrJsb3Uwishful thinking, I know! We all tend to accept evidence that fits what we already believe, and discard anything to the contrary -- surely some of my analysis is shaded by preconceived notions. Thanks all for bouncing some of them back!

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:36 AM

nice.

'open to judicious interpretation'

Akus
06-16-2008, 12:38 AM

I don't believe in hidden messages anymore. He is not running and McCain will be the nominee. Period. End of story. Yes, I'm cynic. And pragmatic, too.

Kludge
06-16-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't believe in hidden messages anymore. He is not running and McCain will be the nominee. Period. End of story. Yes, I'm cynic. And pragmatic, too.

Or... Are you an insider here to deter Truth until Dr. Paul is ready for us to know?

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:41 AM
And ANOTHER thing...

Think of the timing here, folks. Ron Paul is pushing for a HUGE rally in St. Paul on September 2. He knows he won't get the nomination, but by telling us it is "our big showing," I wonder if it wouldn't just be the perfect backdrop (as well as perfect time) to make a HUGE announcement.

I am confident that it will be more than a rally, and more than an announcement/media stunt for CFL. None of us really know what more may happen, or just how huge it will be -- but I suspect/hope that it will gather the world's attention.

CFL just brought Trevor Lyman into the fold - who dreams of infiltrating existing media outlets with liberty lovers -- or even owning our own network of media outlets. What's the deal with Mark Cuban's network again? Direct TV channel or something?

Ross Perot just started http://www.perotcharts.com/

Tell me something big isn't happening.

Recall that the billionaire didn't feel it was yet the right time?

Akus
06-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Or... Are you an insider here to deter Truth until Dr. Paul is ready for us to know?

LET GO

He is not running anymore...... and won't again. Why do some people want to believe some fairy tail fantasy? What has Ron Paul ever done to indicate he likes to pull the fast ones and throw curveballs?

You are like a modern day Elvis sight witness. Enough, there is no cryptic code and there is no need to play his speeches backwards. Stop with this "oh may be there's still a chance".

All he's gonna do now is endorce local congressmen with either his nod of approval or his money.

Our money, to be precise.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM
OH yea,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm picturing the handicapped guy from Family guy.

http://www.bouncerblog.com/smallimages/joe_swanson.gif

BRING IT ON!!

Kludge
06-16-2008, 12:48 AM
LET GO

He is not running anymore...... and won't again. Why do some people want to believe some fairy tail fantasy? What has Ron Paul ever done to indicate he likes to pull the fast ones and throw curveballs?

You are like a modern day Elvis sight witness. Enough, there is no cryptic code and there is no need to play his speeches backwards. Stop with this "oh may be there's still a chance".

All he's gonna do now is endorce local congressmen with either his nod of approval or his money.

Our money, to be precise.

That's exactly what an insider disinfo psyops agent would say.

Akus
06-16-2008, 12:52 AM
That's exactly what an insider disinfo psyops agent would say.

jesus fucking christ http://i31.tinypic.com/2drfhg4.jpg

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes, it did "just happen." In a country over 200 years old, a 17-month campaign is a bat of the eye.

I agree, and readily admit this is the most likely meaning.

I just find it curious that he would say it 'just happened', as opposed to 'is happening', as the movement obviously will not end with his presidential campaign.

He's obviously not referring to the Guantanamo decision, which he nowhere refers to and would be completely out of place at that point in the letter.

Yup, far fetched. 'only thing i could come up with'

only trying to get you guys going!

Kludge
06-16-2008, 12:54 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2drfhg4.jpg

Aha! That's the emote ALL the disinfo psyops agents use! I KNEW IT!

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 01:05 AM
LET GO

He is not running anymore...... and won't again.

Making statements that you cannot prove is far more absurd than the previous postings on this thread.

Why do some people want to believe some fairy tail fantasy?Why does it bother you so much that I do? Is it the decrease in productivity it causes? This letter has done more to get me excited again than anything in months -- and it is precisely BECAUSE it leaves so much to interpretation.

What has Ron Paul ever done to indicate he likes to pull the fast ones and throw curveballs?This is an excellent point, but he has some moves. Remember the Rudy book tour? How about the question he had for McCain in the debates? He is crafty, although -- not as crafty as the most far-fetched of theories in this thread, I'll agree.

You are like a modern day Elvis sight witness.I see the resemblance. Elvis lives -- very interesting topic to some people. Do you flame those forums too?

Enough, there is no cryptic code and there is no need to play his speeches backwards.Enough for you, perhaps. Would you respect my liberty if it were not enough for me?

Stop with this "oh may be there's still a chance". I suppose you would say there is no chance left for us then? Why are you here again?

All he's gonna do now is endorce local congressmen with either his nod of approval or his money. Our money, to be precise.

Ah, but these are only predictions!!

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 01:07 AM
don't believe in hidden messages anymore. He is not running and McCain will be the nominee. Period. End of story. Yes, I'm cynic. And pragmatic, too.

My predictions and assumptions are every bit as fallible as yours.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 06:34 AM
He also said "We'll raise more money..." but then quickly said that we're not just about raising money.

I tend to believe that he realized as soon as it came out of his mouth that journalists would attempt to marginalize him by saying that he's starting another "money bomb" group to squander several million on an unsuccessful political endeavor.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 06:45 AM
With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end. But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started.the use of 'the presidential campaign is at an end' seems to rule out options for this election. immediately following, however, the use of 'the larger campaign for freedom' -- particularly the use of the word 'campaign' (not project, endeavor, etc) leaves open the possibility that he is referring to another campaign entirely.

Keep in mind he does not say, 'the more important campaign for freedom' -- he says it will be 'larger'.

more money in this campaign?
more star power, media exposure?
broader, as in global?

if rp is to run independent -- the wording seems to fit.
if rp is to run libertarian -- the wording does not seem to fit -- the GOP is much larger than the LP. Besides, he would say campaign for Liberty, with a capitol L, if that were the case.
if rp has no presidential aspirations left for himself, the wording could fit, if the simplest answer is the correct one.
if someone entirely different will be running, and has asked him to be VP, the wording might fit as well.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Can you imagine a better insurance policy on your life as president than having Ron Paul as your vice?

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-16-2008, 07:02 AM
This says a lot!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143077

Conza88
06-16-2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.loganalyzer.net/images/url-parameters-analysis_web-log-analyzer.jpg

wgadget
06-16-2008, 07:15 AM
I agree, and readily admit this is the most likely meaning.

I just find it curious that he would say it 'just happened', as opposed to 'is happening', as the movement obviously will not end with his presidential campaign.

Yup, far fetched. 'only thing i could come up with'

only trying to get you guys going!

Well, THIS is far-fetched, but is it possible he might have been referring to what happened in Ireland (at least as an example)? Over there, the PEOPLE of Ireland voted against the European Union, and have thrown the Establishment into a tizzy. Maybe he means that the same type of revolt has begun to happen here?

I dunno. It IS strange that he wouldn't have put that sentence up at the end of the paragraph preceding it. Could it have been just a writing error?

wgadget
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
the use of 'the presidential campaign is at an end' seems to rule out options for this election. immediately following, however, the use of 'the larger campaign for freedom' -- particularly the use of the word 'campaign' (not project, endeavor, etc) leaves open the possibility that he is referring to another campaign entirely.

Keep in mind he does not say, 'the more important campaign for freedom' -- he says it will be 'larger'.

more money in this campaign?
more star power, media exposure?
broader, as in global?

if rp is to run independent -- the wording seems to fit.
if rp is to run libertarian -- the wording does not seem to fit -- the GOP is much larger than the LP. Besides, he would say campaign for Liberty, with a capitol L, if that were the case.
if rp has no presidential aspirations left for himself, the wording could fit, if the simplest answer is the correct one.
if someone entirely different will be running, and has asked him to be VP, the wording might fit as well.

Another thought that came to mind for me was that he envisions people from all the "leftover" parties, as well as enlightened Obamatoids joining in under one banner with one purpose: to reclaim our FREEDOM as Americans. Something like one poster has advocated recently, a PATRIOT convention...with all like-minded freedom-lovers under one banner. I'm not sure how we would round them all up, but his CFL idea sounds like a good start.

wgadget
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
BTW, this morning on my local radio station, there was a political analyst named Bill Crane who said he believes that RON PAUL WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK at the RNC. He said men of much lesser influence have been asked to speak, and it would make sense that Ron would be asked also.

Definitely caught my attention, although I'm not sure if he's up on the antics of the GOP lately.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Seems to me that's what he's preached along the way -- take back the GOP. Would make some sense that he would encourage activism within every party -- let each individual choose which party they feel aligned to -- and not attempt to endorse a party itself - but only the underlying principles of liberty.

Working from within is the only way. If everyone who claimed to be a Ron Paul supporter had actually gone through the whole process of becoming delegates we would have owned the state conventions outright and controlled the party at the state levels.

The same people who control the MSM also control both the major parties. A third party will never have a chance. We can take over the GOP with much less effort and a much greater chance of success than spinning our wheels with a third party. As Republicans our candidates can't be totally brushed aside like they would be as third party candidates. Part of what made this rEVOLution possible was that RP was able to get face time at the debates. Sure, it was very little compared to the NWO stooges, but it was enough that anyone watching got to hear a little about what he was about. Had he tried this as an Independent or 3rd party candidate he would not have gone anywhere at all.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Working from within is the only way. If everyone who claimed to be a Ron Paul supporter had actually gone through the whole process of becoming delegates we would have owned the state conventions outright and controlled the party at the state levels.

The same people who control the MSM also control both the major parties. A third party will never have a chance. We can take over the GOP with much less effort and a much greater chance of success than spinning our wheels with a third party. As Republicans our candidates can't be totally brushed aside like they would be as third party candidates. Part of what made this rEVOLution possible was that RP was able to get face time at the debates. Sure, it was very little compared to the NWO stooges, but it was enough that anyone watching got to hear a little about what he was about. Had he tried this as an Independent or 3rd party candidate he would not have gone anywhere at all.

I agree that a 3rd party run would be close to 0% chance, barring something very cataclysmic.

Our country has never been more primed for an independent run, however -- and if Ron were convinced he would have enough money to counteract the media and debate bias, he might -- just might -- be interested in the possibility. Especially if infomercials have already been produced -- which has been speculated in different ways at different times around here.

Something Bydlak said in the 1000 page thread stuck with me, although not the exact words -- he said something to the effect that he felt all the information necessary to answer those questions that would pop up from time to time and send everyone in a tizzy was generally available on the campaign blog, website, or these forums -- we just never really put the pieces together. That's what I'm trying to do -- we will find out at the convention anyway -- but are the answers already here?

Don't get me wrong -- I have no faith in the possibility of winning THIS election on a 3rd party ticket. I consider that nearly impossible.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Another thought that came to mind for me was that he envisions people from all the "leftover" parties, as well as enlightened Obamatoids joining in under one banner with one purpose: to reclaim our FREEDOM as Americans. Something like one poster has advocated recently, a PATRIOT convention...with all like-minded freedom-lovers under one banner. I'm not sure how we would round them all up, but his CFL idea sounds like a good start.This is the minimum I expect to come of all this. I am hoping for a powerful lobby and an undeniable media outlet as well.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Well, THIS is far-fetched, but is it possible he might have been referring to what happened in Ireland (at least as an example)? Over there, the PEOPLE of Ireland voted against the European Union, and have thrown the Establishment into a tizzy. Maybe he means that the same type of revolt has begun to happen here?

I should reiterate that, in my opinion, it is probably most likely he was referring to the movement, or his campaign with that statement.

The various events around the world, however, such as Gitmo, the afghan prison break, Ireland, and others in the past week, and the completion of perot's website were the first things i thought of - when i considered the possibility he was referring to a singular event.

nayjevin
06-16-2008, 08:00 AM
This says a lot!indeed!

From link:

Well, yesterday here in PA, we had a meeting in Harrisburg. It was attended by the state leaders, delegates and alternates, county coordinators, etc. The purpose was to organize the state "chapter" of the CFL. We had a conference call with Dr. Paul and Carol. We were allowed to submit questions for Dr. Paul and Carol. The 2 main questions being what was Carols' recipe for Choc. Chip cookies. Her answer, " Oh, you must mean the ones from the red checked cookbook." Gotta love her. Dr. Pauls first question was would he accept the nomination if he could get the majority in 5 states. He said yes of course, but it would be up to us to convince other delegates in the "mini caccuses" before the convention to nominate him. If only for the sake of fairness and allowing him the opportunity to speak. He has only suspended the campaign, he has not withdrawn from the race, he has not released his delegates. Big difference. In his usaual fashion he is again letting it up to us to do our thing. So, it's not over. Our group believes we can do this with AK, MT, ID, NV, WA to name some. The conversation lasted 15-20 minutes and the good Dr. was on his game. We did tape the conversation I'll see if I can find out if it's posted anywhere. In other bussiness we had a very productive meeting. We came from all over the state, all walks of life, all ages, all party affilations. We will be called, Pennsylvania Campaign for Liberty. We will be an umbrella organization under the CFL. The first order to vote was we will be a non-partisan group. We elected a chair, vice chair, and a steering commitee. The State organization will advise and communicate with the county organizations. We adopted a mission statement, goals and strategies. We will meet quarterly. Liberty is alive and well in PA, and the convention is still over 2 months away. My Freinds, it's not over. -- emphasis mine

pinkmandy
06-16-2008, 08:46 AM
As much as we adore RP I think sometimes he is underestimated. You have to remember- he has probably been thinking about this moment in time for decades, planning for it. Yes, I'm sure he as aces up his sleeves but they probably aren't what we think. They usually are not- have you noticed? It's an on-going theme here. "Why did Dr. Paul do that? I was hoping he'd do this." Then months later (or longer)..."Oh! That's why he did that!"

The man has a plan and that's enough for me. He probably has many plans, all with back up plans! Lol! I just know he has been planning this for a long, long time. He has said it. He didn't expect this generation to be ready but was pleasantly surprised. If Dr. Paul is giddy with excitement then we should all be ecstatic. Sometimes it's hard to believe that we have this leader and that he's a mere mortal like the rest of us. I trust Ron Paul and whatever he does, whenever he does it, we just need to learn not to freak out (myself included) and go with it.

Fun thread, btw. It's fun to just relax and dream sometimes. I think we've earned it as long as we stay present for his real plans, whatever they may be.

wgadget
06-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Bump for a fun thread.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I sense a new Liberty Party(call it what you will) but it will include a platform that goes across party lines bringing in LP/CP/Dems and Republicans and Independents, its truly up to us to make it happen;)

I can smell it in the air

wgadget
06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
{sniff....sniff....sniff.....}

And it has the scent ofFREEDOM

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
{sniff....sniff....sniff.....}

And it has the scent ofFREEDOM

yep and now i have the sweet scent of freedom ,I'm gonna get it.

The Next Money Bomb needs to be huge for the CFL.... 3 months is a mighty long time in politics. I FEEL SOMETHING IN THE AIR

Lord Xar
06-16-2008, 05:20 PM
There is no between the lines or any clever ploy. Nor is there a secret plan.

I use to think this way. Whenever I would witness a fumble by the campaign or think "there must be something else....." i would read into things and "hope" that sometime, some big plan, is being hatched. Nothing.

Whatever you read or see is what really is. That saying "I wear my emotions on my sleeve" Is exactly what it is. There is nothing hidden.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
The Patriot Party

armstrong
06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
A peacfull Revalution

armstrong
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
oops

wgadget
06-16-2008, 06:48 PM
There is no between the lines or any clever ploy. Nor is there a secret plan.

I use to think this way. Whenever I would witness a fumble by the campaign or think "there must be something else....." i would read into things and "hope" that sometime, some big plan, is being hatched. Nothing.

Whatever you read or see is what really is. That saying "I wear my emotions on my sleeve" Is exactly what it is. There is nothing hidden.

Lord Xar, thanks for all you've contributed to the Revolution so far.

So why DO you suppose that politician named Ron Paul has a big smile on his face (per his campaign for liberty speech)? Is it because he's relieved that it's all over and now he can get back to his regularly scheduled program?

There are some that say he never really wanted to be president. I wonder if THAT is the secret clue our insider says is all over the speeches, etc. Ron Paul has OFTEN said that he was a reluctant candidate....Hmmmmmm....And I suppose that after he saw how relatively badly the early states went, and how rigged the process was, who can blame him for wanting to be out of it? He knew all along that his candidacy was stirring up a pot of worms.

I'm sorry that you're so despondent about things..But we can know one thing and be happy about it, and that is that Ron Paul got through the campaign alive. Really...

Lord Xar
06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Lord Xar, thanks for all you've contributed to the Revolution so far.

So why DO you suppose that politician named Ron Paul has a big smile on his face (per his campaign for liberty speech)? Is it because he's relieved that it's all over and now he can get back to his regularly scheduled program?

There are some that say he never really wanted to be president. I wonder if THAT is the secret clue our insider says is all over the speeches, etc. Ron Paul has OFTEN said that he was a reluctant candidate....Hmmmmmm....And I suppose that after he saw how relatively badly the early states went, and how rigged the process was, who can blame him for wanting to be out of it? He knew all along that his candidacy was stirring up a pot of worms.

I'm sorry that you're so despondent about things..But we can know one thing and be happy about it, and that is that Ron Paul got through the campaign alive. Really...

Not sure how I came across, I was just saying that in "my view" there is no big secret or something that will lift our hearts in sudden victory.

We all want AND wanted this so much, so anything that doesn't live up to our expectations, we go about having a "workaround" -- "you think he really meant this because of that........" <-- all I am saying is, Ron Paul is a simple man. Take him at face value and assume those working around him are equally simple, but in a much different way :-)

I am sure he is relieved for it to be all over. I just feel, truly, that we don't have much time - to correct things. In less than 4 years, I feel the NAU will be firmly in place and our 'say' in our government will be all be a passing rememberance.

I tend towards the dramatic, I agree.

... and yeah, I agree - I am somewhat despondant. Not because of anything Ron Paul did, but the fact that those working against our movement are so powerful to be able to very easily dismiss us and our message. The message of liberty and freedom is what formed this country, yet now -- it holds no power to but a few. The rest have been herded.

Trust me, I am involved and will be part of this thing. I ain't going anywhere. I am just expressing, albeit somberly. Probably just the day = Monday. Mondays always suck.

Peace&Freedom
06-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Clearly something logically has to follow statements Paul made to the effect that we have reached a moral crossroads, with both the major parties failing to promote liberty, etc. That something could be the announcement on 9/02 of the formation of a Liberty Party, or (more likely) the formal expansion of the Campaign for Liberty to a cross party effort to take back the political system. Paul could use the Convention event to set bold, serious goals for congressional races over the next two year cycle ending in November 2010, such as electing 10 or more Paulites to Congress.

One example would be through announcing the PAC would be divvying up most of the 4.7 million kitty to adequately finance the 10 best candidates (as in $400,000 per race) during 2008-2010 and providing professional staff to each campaign. The big picture is, unlike 18 months ago, Paul now knows what he has with the liberty network that has been built. He now knows the size of support he has to pursue growing this movement, and seems prepared to take a much more hands-on approach to leading the grassroots from this point on. When the Revolution is ready, its Washington appears.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I Smell It In The Air, Mmmmm Freedom Is Coming, The Future Is Up To You And Me And Ron Paul And If We Stand Up Together We Will Have A Huge Impact....

wgadget
06-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Clearly something logically has to follow statements Paul made to the effect that we have reached a moral crossroads, with both the major parties failing to promote liberty, etc. That something could be the announcement on 9/02 of the formation of a Liberty Party, or (more likely) the formal expansion of the Campaign for Liberty to a cross party effort to take back the political system. Paul could use the Convention event to set bold, serious goals for congressional races over the next two year cycle ending in November 2010, such as electing 10 or more Paulites to Congress.

One example would be through announcing the PAC would be divvying up most of the 4.7 million kitty to adequately finance the 10 best candidates (as in $400,000 per race) during 2008-2010 and providing professional staff to each campaign. The big picture is, unlike 18 months ago, Paul now knows what he has with the liberty network that has been built. He now knows the size of support he has to pursue growing this movement, and seems prepared to take a much more hands-on approach to leading the grassroots from this point on. When the Revolution is ready, its Washington appears.

Well, now, THAT'S more like it!

wgadget
06-17-2008, 07:26 AM
How does a Barr/Paul ticket fit into the scheme of things?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/06/14/paul_barr_may_be_forging_an_alliance_for_fall_elec tion/

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 08:10 AM

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/06/14/paul_barr_may_be_forging_an_alliance_for_fall_elec tion/

Never Say Never, if a Barr/Paul ticket was to emerge, i would stand in rain,snow and whatever i had to do to make this a WINNING TICKET:)

nayjevin
06-17-2008, 11:59 PM
...in "my view" there is no big secret or something that will lift our hearts in sudden victory.

We all want AND wanted this so much, so anything that doesn't live up to our expectations, we go about having a "workaround" -- "you think he really meant this because of that........"

I doubt those who have enjoyed this thread suffer from any illusion that reading deeply into the rabbit hole of Ron's letter will provide insight that should decide any particular course of action in the future -- but I appreciate the wise warning.

It would be silly to make decisions based on all this conjecture, prediction, and assumption -- but I've enjoyed slapping a few of the more intriguing ones down, and reading some of everyone else's.

nayjevin
06-18-2008, 12:09 AM

The headline is misleading, I'd say -- it really isn't justified when the only evidence in the article that they might team up is that they complimented each other.

Interesting read -- I thought this was a particularly tasty morsel:

On Thursday night, Paul told supporters attending the Texas Republican Party convention in Houston that he was ending his campaign and starting the group Campaign for Liberty to help elect libertarian-leaning Republicans.

If true, this is an interesting distinction from what I already knew -- but without a source, for all we know the author is assuming the CFL will work only within the Republican party.

I certainly like using the existing structure of the GOP better than building an entirely new party -- Is working within the existing structure of the Libertarian Party the next best choice?

I tend to think Independent is better, if the goal is to win this election. Making the Libertarian Party a party about Liberty again might be better, in the long run. Seems like the Republican party would have more power sooner -- but many, many people have a seriously bad taste in their mouth about Republicans -- and that obstacle would certainly be avoided if working within the LP.

ALL OF THIS IS IRRELEVANT NOW, HOWEVER -- UNTIL THE CONVENTION, WE HAVE A SUSPENDED CAMPAIGN.

May the manifesto be in the hands of all delegates present.

nayjevin
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Never Say Never, if a Barr/Paul ticket was to emerge, i would stand in rain,snow and whatever i had to do to make this a WINNING TICKET:)

http://www.somewhatfrank.com/images/uphill_battle.jpg

so would I.

nayjevin
06-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Clearly something logically has to follow statements Paul made to the effect that we have reached a moral crossroads, with both the major parties failing to promote liberty, etc. That something could be the announcement on 9/02 of the formation of a Liberty Party, or (more likely) the formal expansion of the Campaign for Liberty to a cross party effort to take back the political system.

The 'cross party effort to take back the political system' is the minimum I expect from the CFL. Something else is brewing, methinks, don't know what it is.

One example would be through announcing the PAC would be divvying up most of the 4.7 million kitty to adequately finance the 10 best candidates (as in $400,000 per race) during 2008-2010 and providing professional staff to each campaign. I have no opinion on the numbers, although I know you're just providing an example. I really like the idea of providing experience campaign staff for qualifying candidates. I don't like the prospects of mortal men choosing who those candidates should be, however. I do trust Ron Paul, of course -- provided he does all of the research himself. If he has advisors, then who knows? Anyone could be vulnerable to bad information.

Surely Ron Paul understands this -- just like the Constitution, it must attempt to guard against future manipulations of itself by those without liberty in mind.

For this reason, if I was Ron Paul, I think I would not give the group the power to endorse specific individuals. Instead, I would outline a set of ideals that the CFL can endorse and propogate wherever they exist -- I.E. a platform.

I can't imagine he'd like the idea of taking donated money for redistribution to individuals selected by a few organization heads. More likely, it seems, he would prefer to distribute donated money to promote ideas that were clearly outlined at the time of the donation.

The big picture is, unlike 18 months ago, Paul now knows what he has with the liberty network that has been built. He now knows the size of support he has to pursue growing this movement, and seems prepared to take a much more hands-on approach to leading the grassroots from this point on. When the Revolution is ready, its Washington appears.We'll get there, too! My over/under has us with 100 HR seats and 15 Senate seats by 2014. 11/10 juice, pm me. jk

Great post, Peace&Freedom.

nayjevin
06-18-2008, 05:17 AM
does anyone know the precise number of unbound delegates that will be at the convention?

revolutionman
06-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Hes basically said that the gloves are off now that the campaign is over as hes got a lot more freedom to move. I don't there is a secret plan. Now that Dr Pauls hands are unbound from the many limitations of the FEC, legal and legitimate means of reform are WELL within our grasps. As a Presidential Candidate, Ron Paul was in a boxing match. Now hes in a street fight. there are a lot more ways available to beat the snot out of the competition. Our resourceful lot will use every one of those ways to subdue the thugs that have taken captive our liberties.

We will not listen to those who opperate the cheap ploy of degrading and defaming intellect and intelligence in order to maintain their status quo. We are passionate and intelligent and we will use those qualities to run roughshod over the zombies that seek to engulf our quaint farmhouse.

wgadget
06-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Hes basically said that the gloves are off now that the campaign is over as hes got a lot more freedom to move. I don't there is a secret plan. Now that Dr Pauls hands are unbound from the many limitations of the FEC, legal and legitimate means of reform are WELL within our grasps. As a Presidential Candidate, Ron Paul was in a boxing match. Now hes in a street fight. there are a lot more ways available to beat the snot out of the competition. Our resourceful lot will use every one of those ways to subdue the thugs that have taken captive our liberties.

We will not listen to those who opperate the cheap ploy of degrading and defaming intellect and intelligence in order to maintain their status quo. We are passionate and intelligent and we will use those qualities to run roughshod over the zombies that seek to engulf our quaint farmhouse.

In one of his recent speeches he even used the analogy of us being the patriots, and them being the Redcoats. Also, I noticed in his Houston speech, he said something BIG is going on between NOW and the CONVENTION. I'm still confused as to what he meant by that....? Does he mean the process of collecting subscribers to CFL?

nayjevin
06-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Also, I noticed in his Houston speech, he said something BIG is going on between NOW and the CONVENTION. I'm still confused as to what he meant by that....?

I didn't hear that... but it sure seems that Liberty is Brewing in the news lately...

I've heard that, geopolitically, the big things happen when several of the major power player groups have a common goal -- perhaps we are seeing a similar phenomenon occurring.

Maybe Ron sees Bush's agenda coming to a head, and is referring to that.

Maybe Ron knows about the many groups with plans to take down McCain -- or maybe there's something big about Obama.

Maybe Maybe Ron heard Kissinger's retiring! I wish.

I suspect that Ron's knowledge and experience gives him the feeling that these next few months are going to be the defining window of a turning point in our history -- based on the Israel/Iran situation, the end of Bush's presidency, etc etc.

nayjevin
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Does he mean the process of collecting subscribers to CFL?

ha. apparently.

wgadget
06-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey,

The other night, Tuesday or Wednesday, I was listening to George Noory's Coast To Coast radio show, and there was this lady on who was talking about how veterans are getting screwed....Anyway, when asked who she was supporting for President, she said,"It's REALLY too bad that RON PAUL is out, because he is the ONLY ONE who could help us solve our problems.." or something to that effect. Definitely was a Paulite. I don't remember her name.

Anyway, another thing she said was, "I had breakfast with Ron Paul three years ago, and he said that the ONLY REASON HE WOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT, was if he believed that our country was in grave danger." (Again, not exact words, but very close.)

SO....Certainly, at this point in time, when economic issues are coming to a head, when our liberties are being stolen from us daily, HE WOULD NOT ABANDON US NOW....Would he?

I'm sorry, but I have to believe he has a PLAN B.

nayjevin
04-03-2009, 03:15 AM
this was an eye opener

Madison
04-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Wow, old thread is old.

The Independent candidacy will happen.

Yeah, I said that.