PDA

View Full Version : American Conservative Magazine

angelatc
06-14-2008, 11:16 PM
BJ Lawson got a mention in the May 19 American Conservative magazine. (Yes, I am a little bit behind in my reading.) The title of the Section is "Fourteen Days," and it's snippets of events that have happened in the past two weeks.

The title of the subsection is "GOP Peaceniks."

"Even more impressive (than Walter Jones' win), B.J. Lawson, a 33 year old political neophyte running as an antiwar Republican, shut out his pro-war opponent, 70-30% and will take on incumbent Democrat David Price in the fall.

By re-electing Jones, who faces only token opposition in November, and nominating Lawson, North Carolina Republicans have proved there is a constituency in the GOP for a foreign policy that is very different from that of Bush and McCain. Traditional conservatives can take heart that whoever the other side's nominee may be, at least in North Carolina, the Republican Party isn't entirely lost.

0zzy
06-14-2008, 11:25 PM
just read that (im behind too :P)
they do more on Sabrin and Amit, both of whom I didn't have as much faith in. Lawson is my fav Ronpaulican.

angelatc
06-15-2008, 12:21 AM
I guess we're officially old, if we're sitting around reading "American Conservative" on Saturday night. :)

forsmant
06-15-2008, 07:06 AM
I love that magazine. It is not sold at my local book stores so I have recently subscribed to it.