PDA

View Full Version : Iowa GOP Convention, called on account of rain.

spacehabitats
06-14-2008, 05:53 PM
In case you haven't heard, the Iowa convention was postponed until July 11th because of the floods.

Really bad flooding in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City.

Four Boy Scouts were killed by a tornado this week.

The crops are really hurting because of the floods.

Our town has had more tornado warnings in the last two weeks than we've had in two years.

Call me a sorehead, but I couldn't help but think of all those National Guardsmen that were in Iraq instead of being here helping to shore up the levees that broke,

Just a thought.

Cowlesy
06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
SH --- really sorry to hear this, friend. Hope you and your family are safe. I've spoke with my friends in Northeast, and their town is basically toast (though they and their home is fine).

It's a true disaster over most of the state.

Bruno
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
In case you haven't heard, the Iowa convention was postponed until July 11th because of the floods.

Really bad flooding in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City.

Four Boy Scouts were killed by a tornado this week.

The crops are really hurting because of the floods.

Our town has had more tornado warnings in the last two weeks than we've had in two years.

Call me a sorehead, but I couldn't help but think of all those National Guardsmen that were in Iraq instead of being here helping to shore up the levees that broke,

Just a thought.

I hear ya there.

From the Des Moines Register today:

Corps of Engineers Roger Less: "When you're a nation at wwar, things tend to take a little longer on the home front at times. Priorities are stretched, "Less said, commenting on the 100 foot section of levee that failed and had been known to be weak for decades.

spacehabitats
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I hear ya there.

From the Des Moines Register today:

Corps of Engineers Roger Less: "When you're a nation at wwar, things tend to take a little longer on the home front at times. Priorities are stretched, "Less said, commenting on the 100 foot section of levee that failed and had been known to be weak for decades.

Yes, my family and I are personally safe.

The National Guard is supposed to be our militia, meant to protect us here at home. Like everything else the federal government has gotten its hooks on, it no longer serves that, or any other constructive purpose. Instead our young men are in Iraq getting their legs blown off in the process of making America less safe from terrorism.:mad: