PDA

View Full Version : Texas GOP Ices Ron

jacmicwag
06-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Just got back from the Brown Convention Center and the Texas GOP convention. They showed a McCain promo film that generated very little response from the party faithful. This guy (McCain) is not lighting any fires. The biggest excitement seemed to be the decision on who got to attend national. Most of the speakers were pitching God, country, and the virtues of war. They introduced all the Texas GOP congressmen and conveniently forgot to even mention Ron Paul's name. Must have been a mixup since the Houston Chronicle had said Ron would be addressing the convention today. Apparently he was uninvited at some point. One guy tried to make a motion that we at least acknowledge Ron Paul and they cut the sound on the mic before he could say his name. Geez, for a minute, I thought I was back at the Texas Straw Poll in Fort Worth last August.

Obviously, we've got a bit of work to do here in the Lone Star State. In the end, I think all this convention did was steel our resolve. At least I hope so.

MsDoodahs
06-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the update.

Well, sorta.

Depressing state of affairs in Texas...

tonesforjonesbones
06-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not surprised. Ron Paul scares the hell out of the Old Guard. TONES

Cowlesy
06-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the report.

Unbelievable.

Time to bump a few threads.

HOLLYWOOD
06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm not surprised. Ron Paul scares the hell out of the Old Guard. TONES

NEOCON Dinosaurs!

constituent
06-15-2008, 06:11 AM
i'd like to see a breakdown of native vs. non.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Just got back from the Brown Convention Center and the Texas GOP convention. They showed a McCain promo film that generated very little response from the party faithful. This guy (McCain) is not lighting any fires. The biggest excitement seemed to be the decision on who got to attend national. Most of the speakers were pitching God, country, and the virtues of war. They introduced all the Texas GOP congressmen and conveniently forgot to even mention Ron Paul's name. Must have been a mixup since the Houston Chronicle had said Ron would be addressing the convention today. Apparently he was uninvited at some point. One guy tried to make a motion that we at least acknowledge Ron Paul and they cut the sound on the mic before he could say his name. Geez, for a minute, I thought I was back at the Texas Straw Poll in Fort Worth last August.

Obviously, we've got a bit of work to do here in the Lone Star State. In the end, I think all this convention did was steel our resolve. At least I hope so.

Critics always work by taking formal value and reducing it to informal doo doo. We tend to do this a lot with them shallow Christians who follow after that silly man and his 12 boys.
As a Christian and a Texan myself, I believe Christ is the Holy dialectic. This means He (the fullness of God) is THE divine truth engine in who one can pray raw data into to arrive at divinity.
Other lessor truth engine dialectics were created one after the other before Christ. While Socrates developed his dialectic teaching method, Plato developed his theory of the Forms and Aristotle developed his formal logic. While the Greek philosophers brought people to the truth by showing them how to exercize their minds, Jesus showed people how to find the truth by exercizing their hearts.
Unfortunately, a lot of naive Christians in Texas today are ready to go to heaven. They believe they see the prophecy in the book of Revolution coming true and so they are willing to pay any price to support Israel.
Of course, these naive Christians are following after and empowering war mongers. These war mongers do not care about Israel any more than Columbus cared about spreading the Gospel of Christ to the new world. While the Christians in the neocon movement might care about Christ, the war mongers only care about the black gold.