PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul sightings in today's news...

kickzman
08-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Houston Chronicle

Ron Paul's campaign buzz resonates on Internet
"What we all agree on is getting Ron Paul elected is the most direct and most promising way to promote all of our interests." Though Paul polls 2 to 3 ...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5083907.html

Chicago Daily Herald

Ron Paul most likely leader to save us
There is only one person who could do the job of getting back on track and that is Ron Paul. He has the guts to stand up to the "elite" pressure, ...

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=25217&src=

Free Market News Network

Ron Paul Sweeping More Straw Polls
The Ron Paul campaign website carries a release focusing on the candidate's little noted success (by the mainstream press) in GOP straw polls over the last few months.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=47871&fb=1

Houston article is pretty favorable.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I like it. I wish there were some "sightings" in the big news outlets though.
Why doesn't the campaign release some sort of news release every day, like Hillary?

kickzman
08-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Dunno, but September is fast upon us, which is when I believe the presidential campaigns truly kick off since the countries attention will be there and caucuses are only 3-4 months away. In other words it GAME TIME.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Dunno, but September is fast upon us, which is when I believe the presidential campaigns truly kick off since the countries attention will be there and caucuses are only 3-4 months away. In other words it GAME TIME.

So get your meetup(s) to sign some of my pledges and let's do this thing!

I have already begun assembling a group of people to go to Fenway Park on September 11 and we are looking at Boston College game on Septemeber 22 and then a Patriots game in October (hopefully more than one but I can only make one)

Joe Knows
08-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Why doesn't the campaign release some sort of news release every day, like Hillary?

Why don't the meetup groups issue their own press releases to the local media every day?

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Why don't the meetup groups issue their own press releases to the local media every day?

Because they have to have something to tell them and they aren't part of the campaign. They will be ignored even more than RP, himself, is.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 07:46 AM
From the Houston Chronicle:

"You could give Ron Paul and [Democratic long shot] Mike Gravel an hour of free TV time from now until Christmas and they still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being nominated by their respective parties," nonpartisan political analyst Stuart Rothenberg opined recently.
Only one way to find out! Challenge accepted.

GeorgThomas
08-26-2007, 08:22 AM
My comment posted with the Houston Chronicle:

Bravo, Houston Chronicle, and thank you for providing a glimpse of reality by portraying Ron Paul, whose movement tells more of the good prospects of America than any other contemporary phenomenon coming out of the USA. As a German, I am shocked at the unashamed efforts of the mainstream media (msm) to persuade the American public that Ron Paul cannot win the nomination, let alone the Presidency, that is, if they mention him at all. But this is little more than a symptom of the demise of the msm, while the future belongs to American constitutionalism; yes, the future belongs to the American past, if you like. Ron Paul is an outstanding individual highly qualified to live up to the requirements of the Presidency. However, his movement is not about a person - it is about what I consider the quintessentially American way. The Founding Fathers created the framework for a political order requisite for a civilization; and at this stage in the development of the human race, there is no other order but the one proposed in the American constitution that deserves to be called a civilization. The millions of Americans who do not vote or vote unhappily to choose between a lesser evil are still imbued with what is right in the final analysis: American constitutionslism, the American Republic, this uniquely American composite fabric of the rule of law, free markets, individual liberty and peace. Ron Paul and his movement have sown the seed - it will grow and grow and grow, no matter how strongly the msms try to oppose this unstoppable trend - no matter how the nomination issue is resolved next year. I live amongst 40k Americans in my German home town - I do not mention Ron Paul to them (until I have fully presented the core of his message), but I tell them why I adore America; I tell them that the huge problems of America have an American solution: the original political philosophy of the Founders. I have not come across one American, who did not agree, wholeheartedly; and now that America has a champion of the Constitution, the great American tradition that lives on in the hearts of all Americans is coming back to life. In turning to Ron Paul, Americans are taking back their country, they are choosing to be Americans, they transcend party borders, lending their support not to a label, a dubious compromise - but to a choice that makes sense - the quintessentially American way.

I have never experienced such a high degree of political cohesion amongst my American friends as when I tell them about the Ron Paul revolution; the moment they understand that the constitution is going to matter again, they form a unity that overarches their differing values and goals. This is America: a people of the most diverse beliefs and concerns united under the concept of liberty.

As a German, I watch this process of reinstating the constitution with incredible excitement, for when America becomes America again, Germany and the entire world will benefit immensely.

Do not underestimated Ron Paul, that would amount to underestimating America - the only remaining hope for civilization in the world.

walt
08-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Because they have to have something to tell them and they aren't part of the campaign. They will be ignored even more than RP, himself, is.

I disagree. Communication of the events with low projection numbers for turnout could do a good job of humanizing the supporters and forcing the LOCAL media to take a look.

I personally think you guys attack this MSM battle from the wrong direction.

You should be thinking more grassroots. People living in rural areas can call up a local paper and have their meetup group meet with them and tell them the positive reasons you support Ron Paul. It will be noticed because it's on a personal level. Then once several of these small articles are written they get picked up in the echo chamber of syndication. Then when enough of those happen it goes elsewhere (big shows).

Thomas "Tip" O'Neill—a longtime Speaker of the House in the U.S. Congress—once declared, "All politics is local." Go live that and good things will happen! :D

walt
08-26-2007, 09:13 AM
That Houston Chronicle article is a work of art. It needs to be distributed.

I emailed the author to thank her.

walt
08-26-2007, 10:15 AM
email to author:
Thank you for your wonderful story of Ron Paul's positive message to take back America! I can only hope that it gets syndicated in hundreds of newspapers in the coming days. How does that process work anyway?

reply:
Mittelstadt, Michelle" to me

Thanks for the kind words.
Houston Chronicle articles appear on the Hearst News Service and New York Times wire service, so any newspapers across the U.S. that purchase the Hearst or NYT wires are free to use the article -- totally at their call.

Does anyone have a list of these papers? If we did, we coudl email the houston story to them asking that they please republish it.

walt
08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
bump anyone have this list?