PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a media outlet?

nate895
06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't think we have a single media outlet in any major form, including:

Newspaper (online/in print)
Radio (some online, not major on the net or real radio)
Television (same as radio)

We need some mainstream media outlets, and then this thing can take off. This is how other parties and movements got their start, by either getting the media on their side or becoming the media.

I brought this up back in January or February, but nothing came of it. We'll need to assemble a team of people so we can have journalists, columnists, and web design team to start up an online newspaper to raise money before heading into print and eventually broadcasting.

This will help immensely in the Campaign for Liberty just announced. If we can get an online newpaper up and running, we will be able to get enough money to eventually start printing a national newpaper, and start sending some good Ron Paul journalists to the distant reaches of the globe to start finding the real story.

In the meantime we need people who can dig up stuff in Washington, D.C. just about politics here in the US and write columns about the stuff we are reporting (or not reporting).

If you are interested in helping, please email me at evansnatha@gmail.com.

This is one of the essential elements of a revolution, and we don't have it yet.

Kludge
06-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Reason and Republic Magazine do a great job promoting libertarianism and conservatism. Reason has moved to online "TV" and videos (reason.tv) and Republic will be releasing a 48 page libertarian propaganda-fest at just $1/magazine (less really, they stuff their boxes full) when bought in bulk (25+).

BreaktheMatrix.com appears to be the best option for MSM, but little enthusiasm is presenting itself.

crazyfingers
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Free Talk Live (http://www.freetalklive.com/) is doing a good job of spreading the message. They currently have a total of 40 radio affiliates and are constantly looking to increase that number.

nate895
06-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Reason and Republic Magazine do a great job promoting libertarianism and conservatism. Reason has moved to online "TV" and videos (reason.tv) and Republic will be releasing a 48 page libertarian propaganda-fest at just $1/magazine (less really, they stuff their boxes full) when bought in bulk (25+).

BreaktheMatrix.com appears to be the best option for MSM, but little enthusiasm is presenting itself.

Their audiences are limited and will stay limited. The ultimate goal would be to force ourselves onto television, which is mainstream and doesn't require active participation on the part of the viewer. In order to find Reason, Republic, or Break the Matrix, you need to actively search for it, you don't just scroll through the TV channels and find it, or see it in a set of newpapers on the street corner. Those publications have their use, but it is far too limited for our purposes.

nate895
06-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Free Talk Live (http://www.freetalklive.com/) is doing a good job of spreading the message. They currently have a total of 40 radio affiliates and are constantly looking to increase that number.

That's a good start. Now, do they have decent talk show hosts? I'll have to listen for a bit to make a determination.

danberkeley
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
There's The New American (www.thenewamerican.com), Campaign for Liberty, justin.tv could be used betterly(??), this forum, the Ludwig von Mises Institute publishes many articles and books, some news services syndicatic Austrian economists such as Walter E. Williams and Walter Block, i know there's more out there.

nate895
06-14-2008, 01:57 PM
There's The New American (www.thenewamerican.com), Campaign for Liberty, justin.tv could be used betterly(??), this forum, the Ludwig von Mises Institute publishes many articles and books, some news services syndicatic Austrian economists such as Walter E. Williams and Walter Block, i know there's more out there.

Once again, you have to seek this stuff out. It doesn't show up at the forefront. I hadn't heard of the Ludwig von Mises Institute until I was a full blown Paulie, and I have to search on google to find online TV stations. The ultimate goal would be to get on the real TV, where anyone with basic cable can turn on the TV and flip on our news station to find out what's really going on. Revolutions don't expand their numbers by passing out books and magazines to fellow travellers, they expand by getting up in a public venue and telling people about it.

Kludge
06-14-2008, 02:05 PM
You don't have to seek out Republic Magazine when it's scattered around your town, on business owners' desks and placed around Wal-Mart with "free" on it :cool:

I found Republic when my local butcher/awesome-hunter's-stick-maker had some copies propped up on his front desk as well as some type of Ron Paul pamphlets.

danberkeley
06-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Once again, you have to seek this stuff out. It doesn't show up at the forefront. I hadn't heard of the Ludwig von Mises Institute until I was a full blown Paulie, and I have to search on google to find online TV stations. The ultimate goal would be to get on the real TV, where anyone with basic cable can turn on the TV and flip on our news station to find out what's really going on. Revolutions don't expand their numbers by passing out books and magazines to fellow travellers, they expand by getting up in a public venue and telling people about it.

In case, there's public service broadcasting. also, there gotta be some way of geting a station of XM radio and a channel on satelite TV. b ut the problem i see in this is that who's going to know about these stations? we wouls need to catch people's attention and have them hooked (in a good way) on our stations. i would definately watch/listen to our stations, but what the non-Paulies. Obamafans are probably our safest bet.

i think we should, individually and/or collectively, produce business plans for these sort of ventures. i'm sure we an come up with some solutions. i will continue, debating people on street and giving out books and literature and sending video links.

nate895
06-14-2008, 02:09 PM
In case, there's public service broadcasting. also, there gotta be some way of geting a station of XM radio and a channel on satelite TV. b ut the problem i see in this is that who's going to know about these stations? we wouls need to catch people's attention and have them hooked (in a good way) on our stations. i would definately watch/listen to our stations, but what the non-Paulies. Obamafans are probably our safest bet.

i think we should, individually and/or collectively, produce business plans for these sort of ventures. i'm sure we an come up with some solutions. i will continue, debating people on street and giving out books and literature and sending video links.

It's called advertising. Pay to have Comcast/DirectTV/Dish put up our station on their advertising period on TV. If we can get the word out and we get viewership, then people will start tuning in like they do to Fox or CNN.

danberkeley
06-14-2008, 02:10 PM
You don't have to seek out Republic Magazine when it's scattered around your town, on business owners' desks and placed around Wal-Mart with "free" on it :cool:

I found Republic when my local butcher/awesome-hunter's-stick-maker had some copies propped up on his front desk as well as some type of Ron Paul pamphlets.

i like this approach. we could approach local business owners and buy/rent space on there magazine shelfs and put free copies our publications. my local libary has areas where commies put their radical literature for teens to see, so i dont see why i cant some our publications there too. check out counters a great place to put free publications. local video store owners (if any continue exist) can put copies of our DVD in the bag along with other advertisements. stuff like that. i'm hungries, but i'll be back.

danberkeley
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
It's called advertising. Pay to have Comcast/DirectTV/Dish put up our station on their advertising period on TV. If we can get the word out and we get viewership, then people will start tuning in like they do to Fox or CNN.

advertising costs a lot of money, we need to develop business plans if we are serious about going into ventures like these.

nate895
06-14-2008, 02:23 PM
advertising costs a lot of money, we need to develop business plans if we are serious about going into ventures like these.

I know.

I have a preliminary plan that would need to be refined once enough people get involved to make it viable:

Start an online newspaper to refine our skills and raise money.
Put the online newspaper into print to start getting the message out to a larger audience, and to raise more money.
Start up a radio network to reach a huge commute audience.
Once enough money is raised, start up a TV Station from what would be an already established media outlet and advertise the heck out of it.

I think the plan to get it on TV will hinge on having popular talk show hosts. If we can get popular talk show hosts to tell their audiences about the network (and probably their programs on it), we can get ratings without the advertising.

countrykidz4freedom
06-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Actually we do have www.revolutionbroadcasting.com They are doing a great job getting the word out to people. We just need to alert more people, and direct them there.

danberkeley
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Actually we do have www.revolutionbroadcasting.com They are doing a great job getting the word out to people. We just need to alert more people, and direct them there.

Thomas E. Woods has his own show on Revolution Broadcasting. He's what turned me to that station.

IPSecure
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Broadcast on the Internet for free:

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/images/news_camera.jpg (http://pages.tvunetworks.com/broadcasters/)

Kludge
06-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Broadcast on the Internet for free:

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/images/news_camera.jpg (http://pages.tvunetworks.com/broadcasters/)

Ahhh! That's crazy. Thanks for linking.

They even have Faux News!

nate895
06-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Do you guys really think that any online radio station or TV channel will take off if it isn't on the regular air?

They won't. I have to go out and search for revolutionbroadcasting.com, it doesn't just pop up, and people would think you were in some sort of cult if you go around telling them to listen to some online radio station. The only way to get your message out to a mass audience is to mainstream it and have it available on every street corner possible. Since no one seems to have the money to just go out and start printing newspapers daily, I am proposing we get enough money with a plan to do this, and eventually put ourselves on the idiot box so even idiots who don't care can know what's going on.

OptionsTrader
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
You will never reach a critical mass of sheeple with proactive media like internet radio. The sheep get their information passively via television. Preaching the the choir is rather pointless in my opinion.

nate895
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM
You will never reach a critical mass of sheeple with proactive media like internet radio. The sheep get their information passively via television. Preaching the the choir is rather pointless in my opinion.

+1, Though I would say Radio can be pretty effective as well if you are good in the medium.

Raditude
06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I have done a little journalism, and my friends say I have the voice and persona to be a DJ, so if anyone has any openings, I'd totally preach my support for the Ron Paul Revolution, and Campaign for Liberty. Hunter S Thompson's Gonzo Journalism baby.

shelly
06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
BreakTheMatrix.com is in the process of creating a cable/satellite tv network that will include a combination of original programming and programming created by other freedom media producers.

Details here:
BreakTheMatrix TV in 12 Million Homes (http://www.breakthematrix.com/node/5117)