PDA

View Full Version : Mike Scheuer is on Fox News right now

Cowlesy
08-26-2007, 06:16 AM
He's a big Ron Paul fan - talking about terrorism.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
so what happened?

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah, but I saw an article recently where he was talking about our need to stay in Iraq and take our more Al Qaeda. I posted an article here, some time back.

Where he seems to agree with us is on foreign policy, but he is VERY concerned we are going to be attacked again.

quickmike
08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah, but I saw an article recently where he was talking about our need to stay in Iraq and take our more Al Qaeda. I posted an article here, some time back.

Where he seems to agree with us is on foreign policy, but he is VERY concerned we are going to be attacked again.

I dont understand how he can support the blowback theory, yet still be in support of the war, knowing that the very blowback he believes has happened was caused by the fact that we are over there meddling in other countries problems in the first place.

I just dont get it. Maybe it all goes back to the quote in the movie Dune "Fear is the mind killer"

Fear of something can make you throw logic out the window sometimes.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll see if I can find the article, Mike.
Ok, I found it. Maybe I'm wrong. See what you think.

"If al-Qaida does launch an attack inside the U.S., as the U.S. government suggests, "it will be much bigger than 9/11."

This prediction of a nightmarish terror attack comes from Michael Scheuer, the retired CIA veteran who headed the agency's secret unit dedicated to capturing Osama bin Laden.

In an exclusive NewsMax interview, the 22-year CIA veteran and bestselling author of "Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror," argues that while our government in Washington has talked a "good talk" about security, America remains seriously vulnerable.

Despite the clear and present danger, Scheuer cites the federal government's failure to secure the borders, especially the U.S.-Mexico border.

"We haven't done the basic things that were needed on 9/11 to protect Americans to the greatest extent possible – and that is domestic border control," he says. [Editor's Note: Be prepared for terror with an Emergency Radio. Homeland Security says every home should have one. Get our FREE offer Emergency Radio -- Go Here Now.]

As a result, almost six years since the Sept. 11 attacks, America's law enforcement still does not know "who is in the country without a pool of illegals that increases by the hour."

Today, terrorists could strike with ease if they so choose. Scheuer points to the port of Houston, which could be easily targeted because of its refining operations.

On the global front of the war on terror, Scheuer offers a similar pessimistic view because the U.S. has never exercised the full clout of the "military option" to put down the insurgency in Iraq and deal with terrorists elsewhere.

Simply put, Scheuer says the U.S. is too worried about what Europe thinks of our policies and has not risen to the challenge we face from Muslim extremists.

His solution: We need "to kill off more of the enemy." He adds the comment may seem "callous," but it is the best way to deal with an enemy that plays by no rules.

On the heels of the recent release of the disturbing National Intelligence Estimate, the man who provided the U.S. government with as many as 10 opportunities to take out bin Laden before Sept. 11 evaluates homeland security chief Michael Chertoff, lambastes lawmakers, addresses intractable American policy on Israel, reveals the enemy's strategy to bankrupt America, and uncovers the real motivation of terrorists.

NewsMax: At the CIA, you couldn't get top people to take assertive action against bin Laden. Now that you are a private citizen, what's the frustration that you are feeling?

Scheuer: I don't get the impression that the natural goal of American politicians in either party is to protect America.

They are more concerned with what international opinion thinks of us. They are more concerned with making sure that they can win the next election.

If our government doesn't exist to protect my grandchildren, what does it exist to do?

This whole refrain we hear now from the Democrats and the Republicans, we have tried the military option and it doesn't work -- it is such nonsense.

They don't want to use our military forces because they don't want to be condemned by the Europeans for killing too many people.

They would rather have Americans killed in the long run than to face a lot of criticism from a continent that is fading from the scene.

That's my frustration.

I'm very much a nationalist. I'm really very much a hawk when it comes to protecting Americans.

But I'm also a non-interventionist. I think that there are places that we don't have to be.

But that is my frustration. "

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/7/24/212905.shtml?s=al&promo_code=379B-1

It was originally posted, here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9077&highlight=Scheuer

quickmike
08-26-2007, 08:18 AM
cool

mesler
08-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Scheuer gives insight into his logic in his interview with Scott Horton of Antiwar radio. Basically, at the moment, he feels that their opinion over there can hardly get any worse than it is now, so while we're there, may as well do some cleaning up. He isn't 100% in-line with RP's views, but close enough for him to support him.

Shink
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
It sickens me all this portent about a much bigger 'terror attack' coming down the road. I smell false flag big time. :( If we don't elect Ron Paul, I think we're through.

quickmike
08-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Heres the problem with the whole terrorist/ islamo facist theory. First of all, it is true, there is a segment of Islam that truly hates america and would commit terrorist acts against us. The problem is, there are other people in the world who just happen to be of Islamic faith that also want to do harm to us, but not for the same reasons, and heres where the blowback comes in, and people like Scheuer should understand this. Example: We go off on a mission to kill Islamic terrorists in the middle east. Everyone knows that the military isnt the most "surgical" method of destroying an enemy. Instead they tend to use the "if it moves, kill it" method most of the time. Well, whats bound to happen on missions like this is for every genuine terrorist you end up killing, there are probably 4 other people you have killed in the process. Grandmothers, grandchildren, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, friends who had nothing at all to do with or had no connection with any Islamic terrorist group who just had the privilege to see their family member get his/her head blown completely off by someone with a US flag sewn onto his uniform. Did the soldier do it on purpose? Most likely no, he was probably going after the genuine threat and the victim just got in the way, but should the victims family member feel any less hatred towards the person that did it just because it was "a mistake"? I would say no. If our country were in complete dictatorship right now, and say China or Russia decided to "liberate" us from that dictator, and in the process accidentally blew up my grandmother with a stray mortar or other explosive, I would undoubtedly have utter hatred for anyone in that country just by default. Wouldnt matter to me that it was an accident. I would spend my whole life with the goal of commiting terrorist acts against the country that was responsible for it. Wouldnt matter to me if it was just the military because I would see it as the people of that country being complicit and allowing its military to carry out things like this. Every Russian and Chinese citizen would be my mortal enemy at that point, and I would do as much as I possibly could to kill as many as I could. Women, children, old men.............. wouldnt matter. My hate would outweigh any rational thinking that might "get in the way" of that goal.

People like Mike Scheuer need to understand human nature a little bit better before they just assume all terrorists are Islam radicals, and that none of them have at least SOME legitimate reason for doing it.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 10:33 AM
It sickens me all this portent about a much bigger 'terror attack' coming down the road. I smell false flag big time. :( If we don't elect Ron Paul, I think we're through.

Why false flag? Our borders are wide open and have been since way before 9-11. We have overthrown the Iraqi government, are still occupying the country and now are threatening Iran. I would imagine that has more than given fodder to islamic-extremists to want to attack us again.

I do agree with you though on Ron Paul. I think this is one of the last chances we have to save any vestige of our Constitution and our Republic.